Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Surprise! Unchilded pay way more income tax

Posted by me 
Surprise! Unchilded pay way more income tax
April 25, 2014
Re: Surprise! Unchilded pay way more income tax
April 26, 2014
And does anyone even thank us for this?? For paying larger than our fair share, what do we get in return???
See my old post.....
you cant get soap if you dont have kids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
April 26, 2014
No, see, we need to be graaateful because those widdle pweshuses are going to pay for our nursing homes and whatnot!
Damn right they will, we're paying for their education and Moo's welfare check.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
April 26, 2014
It's stuff like this that makes me want to quit work and go live off the grid. Screw this fucked up society! angry smiley

And the comments on there? smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah, like one should expect anything other than a Bingo Tournament with this topic.

angry smiley
April 26, 2014
We used every fucking legal method of limiting our taxes this year and we still ended up owing the national debt of some third world toilet to those fuckbags at IRS.

Tony and I are seriously thinking of moving out of the US. We just opened a Canadian office in Vancouver and Tony has an offer on his legal practice to merge it and transfer his clients.

If this fucking situation gets much worse economically, we're out of here and into Vancouver. I don't give a flying fuck if it's colder than LA. LA has become a shithole and third world unto itself, and I hate living here. If necessary, I will take the BC exam to become licensed as a nurse. I hate Granolafornia and especially the fucking welfare ticks that spawn like bacteria. No thanks...did my time supporting those roaches and someone else can pay these fucking taxes!!!!!!!
April 26, 2014
cfbitchfromla
Tony and I are seriously thinking of moving out of the US. We just opened a Canadian office in Vancouver and Tony has an offer on his legal practice to merge it and transfer his clients.

It's not much better in Canada, trust me. Breeders get a full year of moo leave and 6 months of duh leave, and they even get 3 free rounds of IVF (in this province, anyway) - plus all the usual perks like kiddie checks and tax breaks. Someone has to pay for that, and we ALL know who that is. :mad2
April 27, 2014
Zzelda
It's stuff like this that makes me want to quit work and go live off the grid. Screw this fucked up society! angry smiley

And the comments on there? smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah, like one should expect anything other than a Bingo Tournament with this topic.

angry smiley

More than a handful of folks did that. Some are actually doing pretty OK for themselves. Organic gardening is big, so is setting up solar and communications in those places... Private aircraft is also picking up in such places as well, you can pretty much fly out of your back yard. Can't wait for some lighter polymer batteries to come out... You can see where that may go... (both for solar and transportation)

As far as breeder bingos, well, people are mindless parrot imitators. What else can we expect?

Mega rich find the way to not pay taxes and they seem to do it all legally. Sooner or later, we will be having same issues as EU nations who overspent. It is just we have slightly deeper pockets are more patient creditors. You can only tax so much before there is nothing left to tax. I say use every legal tax loop hole possible for now and let the system do what it has to do.
April 27, 2014
This has always puzzled me. When tax breaks were originated, the idea behind them was to encourage people or companies to do something that they normally would not do. Getting married and having kids is something that people would do no matter what. There is absolutely no need to have any kind of incentive for this.

For example, electric cars cost more to buy, they cost more to repair if batteries go out, they do not have the same range as gasoline cars do. So, they have tax breaks on electric cars, because they are not something that people would normally buy. Giving tax breaks for marriage and kids is like giving tax breaks for driving a gas guzzler. People have kids because they want to and if the tax breaks for having kids were to go away, people would still breed in similar numbers.
April 27, 2014
Techie
This has always puzzled me. When tax breaks were originated, the idea behind them was to encourage people or companies to do something that they normally would not do. Getting married and having kids is something that people would do no matter what. There is absolutely no need to have any kind of incentive for this.

For example, electric cars cost more to buy, they cost more to repair if batteries go out, they do not have the same range as gasoline cars do. So, they have tax breaks on electric cars, because they are not something that people would normally buy. Giving tax breaks for marriage and kids is like giving tax breaks for driving a gas guzzler. People have kids because they want to and if the tax breaks for having kids were to go away, people would still breed in similar numbers.

I think that this is because the breeders are such a majority that the basically force the politicians to give them money. Just like the greedy corporations, greedy breeders use their political numbers (money in the case of corporations, number of votes in the case of breeders) to get federal money redistributed to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
April 27, 2014
cfbitchfromla

Before you make such a move, it is worth looking in to the American expat tax situation. It's not something many Americans in the US think of, but I hear a lot about how it is getting progressively more punative from Americans abroad. American expats seem to be even more screwed than the average US taxpayer. The UK papers have been writing about increasing US renunciations as a result of these policies.
April 27, 2014
jmc
.. the breeders are such a majority that the basically force the politicians to give them money.

Actually, they aren't. If politicians want to pander to the majority, they need to start giving tax breaks to people who have dogs.

LINK

This is a 3 year old study, but since we haven't had a population boom, the figures are likely to be quite accurate, today.

The share of the population under age 18 dropped in 95% of U.S. counties since 2000, according to a USA TODAY analysis of the 2010 Census.

The number of households that have children under age 18 has stayed at 38 million since 2000, despite a 9.7% growth in the U.S. population. As a result, the share of households with children dropped from 36% in 2000 to 33.5%.

There are now more households with dogs (43 million) than children
April 27, 2014
yurble
cfbitchfromla

Before you make such a move, it is worth looking in to the American expat tax situation. It's not something many Americans in the US think of, but I hear a lot about how it is getting progressively more punative from Americans abroad. American expats seem to be even more screwed than the average US taxpayer. The UK papers have been writing about increasing US renunciations as a result of these policies.

That is definitely something to consider. I have also read that renouncing one's citizenship does not get one out of paying US taxes.

I have heard that finding a foreign spouse, moving to their home country and getting the citizenship of their country may be a way to get most of LEGAL exemptions.
April 27, 2014
Techie
yurble
cfbitchfromla

That is definitely something to consider. I have also read that renouncing one's citizenship does not get one out of paying US taxes.

I have heard that finding a foreign spouse, moving to their home country and getting the citizenship of their country may be a way to get most of LEGAL exemptions.

I remember reading something about that not too long ago.

This is a very interesting article on renunciation

People do renounce to get away from US taxes, but there has been a recent implementation of an "exit tax" or "expatriation tax." Puzzling through the gobbledygook, it looks like the 2008 change is meant to give those who leave and renounce a damned sharp dig in their wallet. Be careful about renouncing and then coming back to the US for any length of time, as well

LINK
April 27, 2014
yurble
cfbitchfromla

I can testify to that. When I was married, my husband worked for Lockheed and we lived in Greece for nearly 3 years. During that time, we had to pay not only U.S. income taxes but Greek income taxes as well. Lockheed did some weird accounting trick to offset some of the cost of the Greek taxes for us (I don't remember precisely how much, this was 1978-1981), but it didn't give us back the entire amount that we paid in Greek taxes.
The childfree may have to pay more taxes, but don't you think we save a lot more money by not having to put up with brats in our own homes?

Whatever Mr. Breederson next door saved on his taxes, he lost by paying Bratleigh's tuition, insurance, toys, car seats, the time Bratleigh shattered the glass of the neighbor's car window (this happened to my family with the brats next door...). I'm willing to bet that after all the kiddie crap is paid for, the net losses for breeders are a lot higher than those of us who chose not to spawn, even WITH the higher childfree tax.

The CF are truly smart because we know that short-term financial incentives will NOT cover the long-term financial and mental health losses suffered by the breeders. Our ability to plan and think ahead sets us apart from your typical Derp-ley and his brood.
April 27, 2014
child-free_at_23
The childfree may have to pay more taxes, but don't you think we save a lot more money by not having to put up with brats in our own homes?

Whatever Mr. Breederson next door saved on his taxes, he lost by paying Bratleigh's tuition, insurance, toys, car seats, the time Bratleigh shattered the glass of the neighbor's car window (this happened to my family with the brats next door...). I'm willing to bet that after all the kiddie crap is paid for, the net losses for breeders are a lot higher than those of us who chose not to spawn, even WITH the higher childfree tax.

The CF are truly smart because we know that short-term financial incentives will NOT cover the long-term financial and mental health losses suffered by the breeders. Our ability to plan and think ahead sets us apart from your typical Derp-ley and his brood.

I agree. The extra few thousand dollars I paid in federal and state income taxes amounts to very little in the long term when I was able to retire in 2008 at age 45. And since I retired, my federal and state income tax bills have dropped a lot because more and more of my (investment) income is not subject to federal income taxes.

Now if I ocould stop paying all of those annoying school taxes for a public school system I am no burden on whatsoever........
April 27, 2014
child-free_at_23

I don't know. I am far from well off. In fact if I had a brat I'd probably be doing better financially because of all the tax breaks and handouts I could get. So this still pisses me off, because if I didn't have to help raise everyone else's kids, I wouldn't struggle every time I have a car repair or vet bill. I had the dog before I lost my old job (dumped our department) and could better afford things then, though still wasn't well off. But I'm not getting rid of the dog just because I struggle now.

Anyway whether rich or poor, we should not have to subsidize breeders' life choices. No one helps me pay for my dog and I wouldn't expect them to.
April 28, 2014
Dorisan
jmc
.. the breeders are such a majority that the basically force the politicians to give them money.

Actually, they aren't. If politicians want to pander to the majority, they need to start giving tax breaks to people who have dogs.

LINK

This is a 3 year old study, but since we haven't had a population boom, the figures are likely to be quite accurate, today.

The share of the population under age 18 dropped in 95% of U.S. counties since 2000, according to a USA TODAY analysis of the 2010 Census.

The number of households that have children under age 18 has stayed at 38 million since 2000, despite a 9.7% growth in the U.S. population. As a result, the share of households with children dropped from 36% in 2000 to 33.5%.

There are now more households with dogs (43 million) than children

Yeah, but how many of those had children or will have children? Granted- people aren't really great at planning ahead, but for their own sanity a lot of breeders need to maintain the mental state that anything related to breeding is A Good Thing.

The lower your income the worse it is. Based on calculations from the IRS, a cf single filer earning 30K has to pay $2528 if they take the standard deduction. A single parent of one child would get a REFUND of $1250. That's a HUGE difference at that income level. Shitting out a loaf equals a unearned pay raise of close to 4 grand, or 12%.
Also, the much vaunted "47%" who pay no fed'l tax is full of pahrunts who are not really poor at all. Their loaf deductions and credits wipe out their tax bill. OTOH, lots of really low paid people are in the "53%" because they don't get the dependent deductions. And the EITC is really stingy for single filers, practically worthless. You can't even get it until you're 25 anyway if you haven't shat a loaf. Which is basically the gov't punishing poor people who have resonsibly delayed breeding.
April 29, 2014
child-free_at_23

What's that got to do with anything?

I could buy a draughty expensive home that requires a lot of upkeep, and you could buy a modest, well-maintained home. If I got a tax break because of my choice to throw my disposable income into heating and repairing my house, would you be happy about me receiving tax benefits just because you have more in your bank account at the end of each month than I do?
April 29, 2014
nomooingzone
Also, the much vaunted "47%" who pay no fed'l tax is full of pahrunts who are not really poor at all. Their loaf deductions and credits wipe out their tax bill. OTOH, lots of really low paid people are in the "53%" because they don't get the dependent deductions. And the EITC is really stingy for single filers, practically worthless. You can't even get it until you're 25 anyway if you haven't shat a loaf. Which is basically the gov't punishing poor people who have resonsibly delayed breeding.

Exactly. I think that's why it pisses me off so much. I need every dime and I don't live extravagantly. Also here it's much, much easier to get food stamps and other help if you have brats. Pretty much you are not eligible for anything if you don't have them. Who cares if you lost your job; childfree don't need to eat.
April 30, 2014
Medusa
cfbitchfromla

It's not much better in Canada, trust me. Breeders get a full year of moo leave and 6 months of duh leave, and they even get 3 free rounds of IVF (in this province, anyway) - plus all the usual perks like kiddie checks and tax breaks. Someone has to pay for that, and we ALL know who that is. :mad2

Are you fucking kidding me!?!! :hardcore
Just trying to look at the situation as positively as I can.

Breeders are the majority, and the powers that be profit off of them. I doubt we'll change the system much. :/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login