Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1965 - fire alarm scare

Posted by Mrs. Ogre 
Mrs. Ogre
Entry 1965 - fire alarm scare
November 06, 2006
I had a bad experience with brats in theaters too, except it did not involve an evacuation, still it pissed the hell out of people. We were watching The Witch, The Lion and the Cupboard, or something like that. The theater was packed. One of a sudden, someone, presumably one of the kids in the back, started playing with a laser pointer on the screen. People were freakin’ out and yelling to the brat to stop. Someone got a movie clerk, who stopped the film, turned on the lights and asked the brat (not knowing who s/he was) stop immediately and leave. Of course the brat kept his/her mouth shut. The movie started again, but too late, it was ruined. Stupid, stupid kid.
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1965 - fire alarm scare
November 06, 2006
Oh, man. That was one of the things I HATED about college. Luckily it wasn't so bad in the women's dorm where I lived--pretty much the fire alarm only went off by accident (like once when they painted the radiators and then it gave off some sort of fume when they turned the heat on that set off the fire alarms, or the time someone in admissions, which was on the first floor of the dorm, hit the fire alarm with their elbow). One time though a bunch of frat boys not even from our school who were visiting other frat boys on campus managed to get into our dorm in the middle of the night (I think one of the doors was not locked) and started messing around with the fire extinguishers and pulling the fire alarms at like 3 a.m. Not only we were pissed off to be woken up, but because there was fire extinguisher residue in the air, we all came out of our rooms and saw what looked like smoke down the hall so we all freaked out. Fuckers. I don't think they ever caught them. (need I mention that I have this irrational terror of fire and so I was really freaked out to go to sleep at night for a good while after this incident??)

College played a damn large part in me becoming a misanthrope, that's for sure.
November 06, 2006
DH and I don't go the movies anymore because of rude people of all ages who answer cell phone calls, teenagers giggling or making comments, talking, bringing their stupid kids that are noisy and disrupt a movie. Besides being too expensive and there are mostly average films out in the theaters anyway, it is so not worth it! We rather rent films and stay home and avoid being interrupted! It's cheaper and you don't have to deal with obnoxious people!
Anonymous User
November 07, 2006
Back in 1994, I lived in an apartment complex that was full of the single mothers and their nasty sprogs. One brat, Justin, was four but a terror. The ladies in the leasing office would say how "smart" Justin was for only being four. Don't you hate when breeder pleasers go on of how a moo's awful brat is "smart"???

This awful boy pulled the fire alarm twice which resulted everyone having to leave their units and waiting for the fire department as well as maintenance to turn the blasted thing off. By the way, Justin's moo -- a stripper -- ended up having another out-of-wedlock baby. One day, I saw Justin playing with some strange dog in the ditch by the complex where the water drains are. I kept on driving. This b*st*rd was not my problem because I did not birth it.

The moo ended up losing both sprogs to foster care because she could not keep off the crack pipe. I found a legal way to get out of my lease because of that place being Single Moo Central.
CFScorpio
November 07, 2006
Kat, you just reminded me of a fire alarm story from college. I was at a dorm party at UMass once in 1984, and some drunken jerk pulled the fire alarm. I had to walk down 9 flights of stairs in high heels! I remember well how pissed off I was at the false alarm. Why the hell do people think pulling fire alarms is a fun thing to do?
November 08, 2006
Wow, we'd get a fire alarm pulled at least once every couple weeks in the girl's dorm I was in. I guess pulling the alarm in the girls dorm was some sort of rite of passage for the variety of male-only organizations on campus, you know, frats and sports teams. The best was the men's swim team who decided to not only streak the entire dorm, but also pull the alarm at some time on their way through. Unfortunately for them, they decided to do all the floors, and started at the top. Thanks to modern technology, the girls on the upper floors had called their friends on the lower floors, and by the time they made it it my cube, we had several buckets of ice water at the ready. Even better was the fact that it was in December, so even the "smart" ones who carried some clothing with them were screwed.
HA!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
November 09, 2006
^ OMG! I think I love you. How many floors were your dorm? Ours were only three and not very big, so that tack prolly would not have worked.

At my alma mater, it was the men's dorm and the coed that got the fire alarms (unfortunately, as my partner at the time lived in the men's dorm and I often spent the night there, I still got to deal with it a lot of the time, but often we'd just go over and finish the night in my room so we didn't have to sit outside and wait for them to let us back in). There were a few times that the alarms were pulled two or three nights in a row, and I think even a couple times when they were pulled twice in one night.
November 09, 2006
Our dorm was 4 floors, but each floor was made up of 3 cubes of about 8 rooms. We had a great phone system where you just had to dial the room number of any dorm room in that building and reach someone.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login