Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One from eHell that has EVERYTHING!

Posted by thebitchisback 
One from eHell that has EVERYTHING!
May 20, 2014
Had to Copypaste because it's from a members-only section, but this one is a doozy. Anyone wanna lend her the "outside ears" she wants? mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob

I hesitated a lot before coming here to post, but it turns out that I could really use some hugs and outside “ears”. This will be epic in lenght so I am sorry sad smiley

My stepson (DS) is 8 years old and has ADD, it’s very atypical and even with medication he can be a bit… impulsive. He has an aid at school to help him manage in class because he gets overwhelmed and can have tantrums. His aid has been completely useless with him and it’s a complete nightmare.

The school calls us 3-4 times a week to go get him because they feel he can’t safely remain at school. DH has, of course, already lost his job because of all the last minute time off he’s had to take and he’s just started a new job that he just cannot loose since he is our sole provider.

Being a SAHM, it falls on me to take care of DS and our two daughters (4 and 1.5yo). DS comes over every day for lunch and afterschool care, even on his mom’s week because he was expelled from afterschool care. He’s quite bright and has no difficulties whatsoever with the school work, it’s just the sensory (noise) and social aspect of school that he can’t handle very good. His last aid was very good, but she was also a newer employee so his current aid complained to the union to get the job.

This new aid keeps calling in sick or behaving in such a way that she does get hurt (then she plays UP her “wounds” to get paid time off while DS is expelled).

Last week my DD1 was graduating from preschool (same school as DS) and I was there with DH and DD2 for the party when DS’s aid bursted in to come get ME because DS was acting up. The aid and teacher were upset that I hadn’t picked up the phone when they called for us (it was on silent, I saw the missed call as I was taking DD1’s picture with her diploma and cap). DS was hiding under a table and the aid said he wouldn’t listen to her at all.

So I calmed him down and took him to his room (a clean room just for him) and he was calm and agreed to remain with his aid for the remaining 20 minutes of class so that I could go back to DD1. When I told the aid she made a face, but didn’t say anything and I went back to DD1’s class and informed DH. By then the party had moved outside and there was about 15 minutes left before lunch time.

Then DS came out in the school yard with his aid (10-12 minutes or so after I had left him) and she was quite cross, she came directly to ME (DH was standing 6 feet from me with DD1 and DD2) to say that DS had acted up and thrown his shoes to the principal and hit him (the principal). I said I was sorry and then she said she didn’t know if maybe I wanted to keep DS home for the rest of the day (she of course gets paid to stay at the school eventhough her charge is at home). I said I would tell DH and he would call the school to handle this.

Then I talked a bit with DS's teacher and she didn't say anything that made me think that she was upset with me or whatever, just normal chatting for like 20 minutes while DH was in the car with all the kids and I was waiting on DD1's teacher for something.

We did keep DS for the rest of the day, but he was sweet as can be and no trouble at all once we got home.

The next day we had a meeting with the principal, teacher, aid, psychoeducator from school, school board big wig (actually, she was the special ed. coordinator but when I posted I didn't know what to call her), psychoeducator from hospital and pedopsychiatrist, DS’s mother, DH and me.

For one hour they laid into ME that I had failed my duties as a parent by letting DS remain in his room for the 20 minutes while I took care to spend time with DD1. One hour they spent telling ME that it was completely unacceptable that I had left him in the care of his aid and that we had to understand that the teacher and aid had the capacity to determine his state of mind.

I lost it and spoke loudly and firmly that I HOPED no one around that table was insinuating that I wasn’t able to assess DS’s state of mind and act properly because I have been taking care of that child for over seven years and I am the one who takes care of him EVERYDAY for lunch and afterschool care, homeworks and everything.

I looked at the aid and said: Aid, if you couldn’t watch him while he was sitting on the floor in an empty room for 20 minutes, why didn’t you say anything YESTERDAY!?.

She didn’t say anything and was looking at the floor a lot. The teacher tried to say that perhaps DH could have taken DS home and left me there with both DDs, but we only have the one car and I would have had to walk 10 km home with both kids. They said they understood that DD1 had a special event, but that it fell on us as parents to understand that the school could not provide care for DS while I was with DD1 and that if I couldn't take DS then I should have just left with all the kids and made DD1 miss her last 20 minutes of class.

Then DS’s mother patted my arm and told them that my daughter also had a right to have both her parents for her party and that it was only 20 minutes, but then the school board lady said “We understand that the other child has needs, but we are only here for DS’s benefit and DD1 will have to learn that the responsabilities lies elsewere”.

If looks could kill…

Sensing that things were about to get uglier, the principal spoke up and said that they understood the special circumstances and that no one wanted to tell us how to parent and could we please move on… the rest of the meeting was spent detailing that, next year, they would be putting him in a special class with only 2 other students with severe motor and cognitive impairments. DS had a 140 IQ, is advanced in every subject and has no motor difficulties at all. We were floored, but everyone agrees that this is for the best, even DS's mother. Since we share custody, it would be a nightmare to try and fight it.

I do not know what to do. We can't pull him from school and find another one, we live in a quite remote area and there are, litteraly, no other school. I am also amazed at the fact that I have been told that my DDs are as good as chopped liver and will NEVER matter... eventhough they too will go to the same school and have the same teachers, etc.

I have no more energy left, I feel like I'm letting my daughters down by spending so much of my time handling DS's problems, DH is quite present and does his share, but I was a teacher before I was a SAHM so it's easier for me to take care of the school stuff, but to sit there and be berated for an hour because I failed as a parent... when they all know I'm not even the kid's mother??? Would they have acted like that if I was juste a daycare worker??

Twice when the aid came to get ME, DH was right there and she could have just as easily went to him and voiced her concerns, but no... AMBUSH the next day was clearly the best approach!!

Sigh... Anyhow, I could use some hugs :-[[/i]
Re: One from eHell that has EVERYTHING!
May 20, 2014
This lady wants it both ways so much it makes me want to scream.

She says her husband "does his share" and "is quite present", but that it's easier for her to take care of school stuff because she was a teacher before she punted her professional life and became a SAHM. Then she turns around and bitches about how she was called to the carpet for the kid's behavior...implies that she shouldn't be "because [she] isn't even the kid's mother". She even has the balls to be outraged that the school expects her and/or her husband to be available to deal with the kid's unacceptable behavior. They "ambushed" her because she was the one who'd dealt with the kid's behavior in the past.

As for her outrage about the school's suggestion that the husband take the son while the daughter's bullshit preschool "graduation" farce went on...okay, so they couldn't take him HOME, but the dad could have gotten the kid the fuck out of there and dealt with him until the bullshit preschool feel-good la-la was over, then returned to pick up the wife and hellion son. Am I the only one who saw this alternative??

Interesting that she said the kid hit the principal by throwing his shoes to him. Like Principal and Kid were playing a harmless game of shoe-catch, and Principal is being a bad sport about it?? No, lady, the kid threw his shoes at the administrator, with intent to hit him. Which, by the way, is assault. School's being nice by not pushing that point.

At this point, the kid is costing other students' time and learning with his behavior. I actually agree that the kid shouldn't be placed in the class the school's putting him in next year. But the mom won't like what I think should be done. The kid needs to be out of mainstream public school entirely. He needs to be home-schooled or put in a program for behaviorally disturbed kids, where the teacher and aides will deal with his tantrums and violence accordingly.
May 20, 2014
I don't care how intelligent this kid is. If he can't play by the rule, he has no place in a normal classroom.

If this woman is so set, then why not homeschool him? She is a SHAM anyway.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
May 20, 2014
Sorry, not buying the "140 IQ" claim. If the kyd's really that bright, he's more likely to be introverted, inert, and quiet. More likely the kyd's in the tard scale of IQ; that seems to be most common with the more disruptive ones.

If he is relatively bright, then he's playing everyone and being disruptive deliberately so he can go home. In other words, he prefers to be home over school, and he knows that acting out gets him out of school for the day so he can go where he wants to go: home.

If that second paragraph is true, then a few good beatings just might straighten out his behavior.

Then you run into some questions:

First, why is stepmoo involved at all with the stepson's ongoing drama at school at all when biomoo is around and participating? She would have been within her rights to tell the school upon calling, "Sorry, he's not my kid or my problem. Call his natural mom."

Second, why doesn't she have her own vehicle?

Lots of fail all around. But it seems to be long past time to break out Mr. Paddleâ„¢ and demonstrate its disciplinary wonders on the brat.
May 20, 2014
I was going to agree with the home-school thing as well.

When I was reading, I kept thinking why was the husband -- whom she described as the sole provider -- repeatedly leaving work to deal with the spawn when she was a SAHMoo with all the time in the world? Oh, she doesn't have a car! Well, why not? Seriously, you can have multiple kyds, but can't find a second car? A used beater?

If that's true and she's trapped at home all day without transportation, then yep, I agree she has plenty of time to be the teacher herself if she's got attitude about the school he's in.

On the surface, I could almost have the tiniest bit of sympathy for moo. This boy is a stepson and not her chyld. And, we've always mentioned about how siblings of spayshul sneuxflaykes do tend to be ignored or bear the burden of helping take care of them. So, I could understand her being unhappy about being in that position. BUT, her whole attitude towards the aide, teachers, principal, etc, wipes away any of that potential sympathy. If she knows best, then let her handle it at home.
May 20, 2014
t.
She is a SHAM anyway.

See what you did there waving hellolarious
May 20, 2014
Sounds like the kid's bio-Moo doesn't give a fuck. Whatever keeps the tard out of her hair.

First of all, the impulsive, allergic-to-noise ADD tard should not be in a normal classroom, aide or not. If it's overwhelming for him to the point of needing to go home all the time, then it's doing him no favors to be overstimulated and thus ruining the normal kids' chances of getting an education. I know some autards are actually very intelligent, but just have no common sense, and while I don't buy the whole 140 IQ thing, this kid might also not function all that well in a sped class. He might not need a dumbed down curriculum of coloring in the lines and identifying letters, but he sounds like he needs either a smaller class or individual education.

Since Stepmoo here thinks she knows it all AND she spends all day sitting on her ass while her other kids are in preschool AND she used to be a teacher... I don't see why she couldn't homeschool the little freak. This would eliminate the need for an aide, which I'm sure costs money, and Duh wouldn't need to rush off to pick Tardley up because he's being a shit in class (and lose his job).

This new aide keeps calling in sick or behaving in such a way that she does get hurt (then she plays UP her “wounds” to get paid time off while DS is expelled).

This part confuses me... the aide regularly calls in sick because she has constant injuries. You'd think this would be more concerning, but Stepmoo doesn't go into much detail on it. Does she mean the aide self-harms and comes in with shredded wrists? Or she's a reckless partier and comes in with bruises and track marks every day? Stepmoo really seems to have it out for this aide, so for all I know, this little excerpt might be totally made up. Why would the school continue to employ a tard aide that's always calling off? Maybe the aide really is just a slacker, but I would really like to hear more about the "wounds" Stepmoo mentions.

kman
If he is relatively bright, then he's playing everyone and being disruptive deliberately so he can go home. In other words, he prefers to be home over school, and he knows that acting out gets him out of school for the day so he can go where he wants to go: home.

I wondered about this too. Even the dumbest kids can be trained, and this one may very well have discovered that if he acts like a shit in school, he can go home and play all day. Maybe he doesn't like the new aide? Tards do not adjust well to change in general, so sticking him with a new babysitter could be it too.

Just from reading this one story, I'm already sick of Stepmoo's shit. Why isn't the biological mother worrying about the kid's education? They have shared custody, so shouldn't it be between Duh and his ex to work out what to do with their little defect? Why does Stepmoo care so much? And if she knows so much about her step-tard's mental state and can handle it so much better than the school staff, then why isn't she keeping the kid at home to teach him her own way? If I had to guess, she acts like a martyr mommy, but in reality, she just doesn't want to deal with this annoying little monster while she sits around doing fuck all. She would much rather bitch every which way about how horrible the school is and how they do everything wrong for her child... but she won't step up to the plate and deal with the tard herself when that is clearly not only an option, but a GOOD option. She's not interested in what's best for her step-tard. She'd rather pour all her energy into trying to micromanage the school's staff and bend them to her way of thinking.

And like the average Moo, I'm sure this one is leaving out plenty of details so she can come out smelling like a rose. I'm sure we will never hear about how she constantly verbally abuses the principal and the aide for "not doing their jobs" (read: not catering entirely to Tardley while neglecting the normal kids) or how she complains to her cow friends about how her husband is worthless and forces her to raise his problem kid, etc.

Stay classy, EHell. drinkingy
May 20, 2014
"Psychoeducator". Says it all, I think.
May 20, 2014
kman
Sorry, not buying the "140 IQ" claim. If the kyd's really that bright, he's more likely to be introverted, inert, and quiet. More likely the kyd's in the tard scale of IQ; that seems to be most common with the more disruptive ones.

If that second paragraph is true, then a few good beatings just might straighten out his behavior.

Then you run into some questions:

First, why is stepmoo involved at all with the stepson's ongoing drama at school at all when biomoo is around and participating? She would have been within her rights to tell the school upon calling, "Sorry, he's not my kid or my problem. Call his natural mom."

Second, why doesn't she have her own vehicle?

Lots of fail all around. But it seems to be long past time to break out Mr. Paddleâ„¢ and demonstrate its disciplinary wonders on the brat.

You are most correct Sir!

I was assessed to have a high IQ as a child, yanked out of public school and installed in an "advanced" private school. I did not have any behavioral or 'social' problems. Not then, nor as time went along.

Allow me to digress momentarily ~

As an adult I worked with a woman who's Mother had Schizophrenia. In later life she developed cancer. Co worker said - with her various bouts of illness, when the cancer got bad - "her mind was as clear as a bell". Huh.

Back to school. And back to my wee years when I was still in public school. I did fine there too - except for one evil beast child that bullied me mercilessly. Bullying is not even a proper description - more like this foul turd *beat the shit out of me* every chance she got. My parents had to intervene (the were finally prompted to do this after this beast broke something expensive of mine.) Anyway, that ended when I was moved to private school.

Recently I discovered that this abomination from Hell is DEAD. I probably mentioned that here. YAY! The world is a better place. Well recently, on some school alumni FB thing where I discovered this - someone had asked - what happened? And someone did answer: Breast cancer. 36 years old and 4 kids. Breast cancer? Bad enough to kill you? I thought birfin was supposed to ward that off? That's awfully young and I *almost* felt bad for her. Almost.

Anyway - reflect on what I said about the Schizophrenic. Is there some correlation between (some) mental issues and cancer? I've seen sim ideas elsewhere.

That rotten kid was straight up evil IMO, there was something wrong with her. Way beyond bullying. I located her parents and siblings on FB and they appear to be *normal*. Not at all like trashy crack smokers which one might guess produced such an evil child. They appear very Churchy, also. Was this an attempt to rein in this Psycho?

Why I mention this is - for these Autistics and Behavior Disordered kids - the *serious* cases - it will be interesting to see the incidence of cancer in them in the future. I think its something that merits keeping an eye on. JHMO but I strongly suspect Autism to somehow be related to pollutants. Which will often also - give you cancer.

Back to Socially Normal and Empathetic Me grinning smiley - We take Smithsonian magazine at the office, and I filched one to take home, I've got nothing to read. I felt a little guilty but then I thought - wait a minute! This is *my* office that *I* pay for (rent) and *I* pay for this magazine, too! Sure I can take it home! So I guess I *was* "socialized properly" in that - the first thing I thought was - shouldn't take it / don't take things from work. It took a second to remember - hey, I'm *paying* for all this - it's mine and I can bring it home if I want to! Ha.
Yes, I was conditioned well to 'do right' it seems.

Just a funny thing, but I mention it also because in this magazine I read an article about sim topics - let me see if I can find it online ~

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-can-rodents-tell-us-about-why-humans-love-180949441/?no-ist

This has to do with "monogamy" - but some scientists are also looking at this research, or doing sim, to see if it may shed light on Autism and other anti social conditions. I thought it was interesting.

And of course, until things are better understood, and - for IMO at least 80% of these so called Autistics - they probably are NOT Autistic, or some other label, they're likely just plain old BRATS who's asses need to be introduced to "Mr. Paddle" as Kman points out.
May 20, 2014
Cambion

This new aid keeps calling in sick or behaving in such a way that she does get hurt (then she plays UP her “wounds” to get paid time off while DS is expelled).

This part confuses me... the aid regularly calls in sick because she has constant injuries. You'd think this would be more concerning, but Stepmoo doesn't go into much detail on it. Does she mean the aid self-harms and comes in with shredded wrists? Or she's a reckless partier and comes in with bruises and track marks every day? Stepmoo really seems to have it out for this aid, so for all I know, this little excerpt might be totally made up. Why would the school continue to employ a tard aid that's always calling off? Maybe the aid really is just a slacker, but I would really like to hear more about the "wounds" Stepmoo mentions.

Many years ago, I went to college and worked as a Child and Youth Worker.
One of the options in that career is to work as a Classroom Aide.
One of the main reasons that I chose not to become a Classroom Aide is that many of them are slapped, hit, spit on, beat, pummeled, etc by the very kids they are trying to help educate.
I would be very very surprised if this Aide is not being injured on the job by this family's 'Little Angel' and the family is minimizing / ignoring that.
May 20, 2014
That's what she gets for marrying a guy with a kid, and she's doubly fucked because he's an autard. I give this marriage three more years.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
May 21, 2014
It sounds like Duddy was looking for a replacement wife to deal with the kid crap.

Marry in haste, crank out two more sprogs, repent at leisure.

And I just have to say this, but why can't Breeders spell? The person who is helping the step kid is an aide, not an aid.
May 21, 2014
Zzelda
Anyway - reflect on what I said about the Schizophrenic. Is there some correlation between (some) mental issues and cancer? I've seen sim ideas elsewhere.
To continue your slight OT a bit, yes there is, but it is an inverse correlation.
Having Alzheimers means you will mostly escape cancer by a very large probability.
Having Downs Syndrome also means you will escape cancer by a very large probability.

I don't know about any connection or correlation, inverse or otherwise with other mental disorders and cancer, but these two are well established inverse correlations.

I think I would rather battle cancer than have my mind slip away though... I've already had a couple minor brushes with some mutant cells, so I think my brainz may be safe.
May 21, 2014
cassia
Cambion

This part confuses me... the aid regularly calls in sick because she has constant injuries. You'd think this would be more concerning, but Stepmoo doesn't go into much detail on it. Does she mean the aid self-harms and comes in with shredded wrists? Or she's a reckless partier and comes in with bruises and track marks every day? Stepmoo really seems to have it out for this aid, so for all I know, this little excerpt might be totally made up. Why would the school continue to employ a tard aid that's always calling off? Maybe the aid really is just a slacker, but I would really like to hear more about the "wounds" Stepmoo mentions.

One of the main reasons that I chose not to become a Classroom Aide is that many of them are slapped, hit, spit on, beat, pummeled, etc by the very kids they are trying to help educate.
I would be very very surprised if this Aide is not being injured on the job by this family's 'Little Angel' and the family is minimizing / ignoring that.

I didn't even think of that, which I'm ashamed to admit; I should have guessed as much considering how often I read Tard Blog. If the author's little tard was responsible for the aide's injuries, I wonder if it was brought up at all during the parent-principal powwow and Moo just left that part out so everyone would be hating on the aide along with her. I mean if the kid is fine with hurling his shoes at the principal (fantastic, no fear of authority), then I don't think it's all that unreasonable to assume he's abusing the aide too.

I feel bad for the aide since she has to deal with being smacked around by violent tards all day long AND deal with bitchy cunts like this Moo breathing down her neck for daring to need a break from being a punching bag. I could never do that job, not for all the money in the world. I lose my temper very quickly and very badly when someone or something hurts me and I'd be concussing these tards one right after the other (which may be an improvement, but I think it's also a crime).
May 21, 2014
My ass the kid has a 140 IQ. Sounds like a kid who needs an ass whipping.
May 21, 2014
I'm amazed at how many injuries a longtime friend sustains from her job as an aide in a SpEd classroom. And for the lurking moos who are unable to empathize or sympathize with anybody who is not a moo, she wasn't able to celebrate Mother's Day with her kid because she was forced to not do anything stimulating due to a concussion she suffered on the job. She loves what she does, but she takes a lot of abuse from these kids.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 21, 2014
cassia

That's what I think. Notice how the cow writes that her pwecious angel threw his shoes to the principal, not AT the principal, as if she's trying to downplay the entire situation. I think this kyd is extremely violent, and autard step-moo is keeping that quiet. The Aide has probably been injured several times by this little offender-in-training.
May 21, 2014
first of all, this jerk of a moo had absolutely NO business taking on some duh with an awwtard.
and, speaking of firsts, her FIRST obligation is to her own fuck trophies. they are the ones losing out because of moos searching out a wallet, and not a very reliable one either, despite his losing jobs to his own little turd.
she had to have known the pile of horse manure she was stepping into. she went into this with her eyes wide open.
I don't give a shit who is right in her little confrontations with the screw y'all, teachers and whatnot.
she should have stayed on her own and raised her own brats.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 22, 2014
Well I feel bad for the normal kids in that fucked up famblee who will always come second to the stepshit.

I call fifty shades of bullshit on the 140 IQ thing too. So many parents of awwtistic kids want to think theirs is "high functioning" but in reality a high functioning autistic kid can learn shit and be taught. And are less likely to be violent, unless under extreme duress. They have less ability/tolerance for extreme conditions and emotional intelligence sure is lacking, but I don't know many aspies who are prone to violence, and I've spent the last five years of my career mostly in IT firms. I've met a lot of them - great coders, testers, hackers, and high IQ but socially/emotionally? Forget it.

The modern brand of ADhd/ADD/Autism snowflayke is a different thing however. And the brand of martyr moos who want to show the world how wonderful and self sacrificing they are giving their lives up to cater for the every whim of their spayshul needs chyld.
May 22, 2014
yummynotmummy
I call fifty shades of bullshit on the 140 IQ thing too. So many parents of awwtistic kids want to think theirs is "high functioning" but in reality a high functioning autistic kid can learn shit and be taught. And are less likely to be violent, unless under extreme duress.

yummynotmummy, you mentioned something I forgot to include in my post: why is it that ALL parents of autistic and/or ADHD darlings insist that their kid is "high-functioning"? The fact that your autistic kid can read doesn't make him high-functioning. The fact that little Herkimer can recite stats for every Pokemon character doesn't make him an ADHD genius who's just not challenged enough at school. Yes, I know you think that he needs to lob Skittles across the room because "he's just always on the go!". These parents seem to deeply need something positive from their kid's issues, like it offsets the behavioral problems and social issues somehow. They don't want to accept that they got a dud.

My friend's younger brother is quite autistic. But guess what? His parents got him help, expected him to do his best in dealing with other people and life in general, own his behavior choices, AND they accepted that things would always be different for him. They didn't take him places that were overstimulating, they adjusted their schedules if needed. Kid finished high school (regular diploma, not an attendance certificate) and is figuring out what he'll do next. It can be done, parents.
May 22, 2014
randomcfchick
yummynotmummy
I call fifty shades of bullshit on the 140 IQ thing too. So many parents of awwtistic kids want to think theirs is "high functioning" but in reality a high functioning autistic kid can learn shit and be taught. And are less likely to be violent, unless under extreme duress.

yummynotmummy, you mentioned something I forgot to include in my post: why is it that ALL parents of autistic and/or ADHD darlings insist that their kid is "high-functioning"? The fact that your autistic kid can read doesn't make him high-functioning. The fact that little Herkimer can recite stats for every Pokemon character doesn't make him an ADHD genius who's just not challenged enough at school. Yes, I know you think that he needs to lob Skittles across the room because "he's just always on the go!". These parents seem to deeply need something positive from their kid's issues, like it offsets the behavioral problems and social issues somehow. They don't want to accept that they got a dud.

My friend's younger brother is quite autistic. But guess what? His parents got him help, expected him to do his best in dealing with other people and life in general, own his behavior choices, AND they accepted that things would always be different for him. They didn't take him places that were overstimulating, they adjusted their schedules if needed. Kid finished high school (regular diploma, not an attendance certificate) and is figuring out what he'll do next. It can be done, parents.

Aspie here. Diagnosed at five. Special ed school then mainstreamed into public school, no aids, homework, the whole banana.

Earned enough credits to graduate in December, but waited until June for the cap and gown stuff for my Mom. I was on the Principle's list, not just diploma. A handful of us walked behind the one Valedictorian, and sat on the stage in front of the others.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 22, 2014
Presto
Zzelda
To continue your slight OT a bit, yes there is, but it is an inverse correlation.
Having Alzheimers means you will mostly escape cancer by a very large probability.
Having Downs Syndrome also means you will escape cancer by a very large probability.

I don't know about any connection or correlation, inverse or otherwise with other mental disorders and cancer, but these two are well established inverse correlations.

I think I would rather battle cancer than have my mind slip away though... I've already had a couple minor brushes with some mutant cells, so I think my brainz may be safe.

I cannot even remember where I read this / cannot cite anything - but I remember something, that I read somewhere - that there is some correlation between DS and Alzheimers. ?

All of these issues seem somehow - connected to me. I don't know. I'm not a med / bio person. I do read alot. And such things intrigue me greatly.

I have basic Sci ed., I feel I can kind of 'get the gist of' some of the research out there - (serious) Autism intrigues me. I was born in 76 and there were NO kids like this, not that I encountered. DS sure. Other issues such as lack of O2 at birth, sure. Autism? I only know of this from what I read online. It seems recent (unless past issues were mis diagnosed). It's very odd to me, it intrigues me.

And then - yes I am drifting here - but - what of these other 'semi off' kids? If not 'full blown' Autism - could they have sim issues, too? A 'light' version of - something?

All of this intrigues me greatly. Something is wrong. Parse out the plain old brats - there are yet others left, that do have 'something wrong'. From mild to severe problems.

What is it?

If I didn't have to work, and could muster up the motivation to take more ed. - I would seriously look into the study of this. Not because I care about Da Chilren so much - but just because it intrigues me. I want to figure it out. And - it leads one to wonder - whatever is doing this to kids - is it affecting everyone else, too. What is it?

As it is - I read about these things and think on them. Maybe I can suggest an idea to a formal researcher? It's baffling yet interesting stuff, isn't it?

I don't want to see anyone sick or handicapped either. Young or old. All of these things, might be related - it is most intriguing to me.
May 24, 2014
Zzelda

We didn't in the past see so many 'autistic' or syndrome specific kids. We just saw 'retards'. Specific syndromes were spoken of mainly by professionals.

The dawn of specific syndromes on the lips of the masses came in the 80's and 90's, and the bright, glaring light in the 00's.

The word 'retard' is like the word '@#$%&' now, a semi-curse word not spoken in polite society. Little and big syndrome kids aren't tucked away, they are plucked among society, and society is expected to embrace them.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 24, 2014
ADD? LOL!

She needs to clean up her brat's diet from artificial flavors and colors. Then he won't need to be medicated. She also needs to learn to discipline the shitling. The spoiled brat.
May 24, 2014
randomcfchick
yummynotmummy

I seriously cannot wait until the APA chucks out the "high-functioning" phrase from their definition of autism. The sheeple who believes this nonsense......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login