Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Positive Reasons to be Child Free

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Positive Reasons to be Child Free
November 07, 2006
So, what are some good reasons to be and stay child free? What are some good things about this lifestyle?

I'll start us out, I guess...

1) When you're child free you can make plans for whatever, whenever, and not have to worry as much about cancelling them.

2) When you're child free you have more time with your spouse or significant other, more time alone, more time for just things for the two of you.

3) When you're child free you can save thousands of dollars over the years and actually prosper without having to give it out like crazy.

4) When you're child free you actually have time to do things you want without having to find babysitters.

5) When you're child free you get to get the most out of life, without anything holding you back.
Mrs. Ogre
Re: Positive Reasons to be Child Free
November 07, 2006
Here's some of my reasons (not the only ones, since Tim's girl mentioned the most basic ones)

1-When you're cf, you can spoil yourself and make yourself gifts because you're worth it!
2-When you're cf, you can sleep late, or just enjoy silence.
CFADinNYC
November 08, 2006
When you're CF you don't have to expend any energy on anyone other than yourself.
November 08, 2006
When you are child free, you have the freedom of time (at the very least), which allows you to expend resources on people other than you, or your family. You can actually volunteer for causes you believe in and work to make the world a better place.

You have the freedom of not being relied upon to maintain an un-sustainable lifestyle based on the demands and needs of the people you must support. You do not HAVE to keep up with the Joneses because your child's social status is at stake.

You have the freedom to pursue your own interests and passions without having to put them aside to meet the obligations that come with raising children.

You have the freedom to be nice to kids for the few minutes, or hours, you are exposed to them. You have the freedom of never having to say "no" and always being able to give them back to the responsible entities when they become boring, stinky, noisy or slimy.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
CF Uter
November 08, 2006
Not that it applies to me, but IF you want/need a divorce, you don't feel compelled to "stay for the kyds" or have to worry about their opinions about the matter or have their feelings or visitation matters muck up the rest of your life.

Plus, you don't usually have a need to ever see your ex spouse again, if you had kyds, that spouse is in your life literally forever.

:yeah
CFADinNYC
November 08, 2006
Aw shit. I have the freedom to NOT be nice to kids as I see fit. Heh.
CFScorpio
November 08, 2006
For the women: being able to keep up one's physical health and appearance.
CFADinNYC
November 08, 2006
HA!!! Ever notice how moo's age more quickly? My breeder SSIL looks much older than her years. HA!!!! But I am sure it was all "worth it." :::laughs:::
Anonymous User
November 08, 2006
There are so many wonderful reasons to be childfree but for me the biggest is my freedom. I cant fully express how important that is to me.

I will never have to worry about the future for my child as I know I would be like that smiling smiley

My DH and I can go anywhere most of the time without warning and we are so happy the way we are.We are so wrapped up in each other it would be unfair to bring a child into it.
BillyC
November 08, 2006
Peace, freedom, cleanliness....ad infinitum.
November 09, 2006
money, time, freedom, stress free lifestyle, able to travel, to give back to the community by volunteering. no one telling you they need a ps2 or the latest shoes. in control of your own money if you want it you can buy it without thinking my kids school trips the college.

not putting the country in a slightly worse off case financially, environmentally. of course there is the medical reason, i am lazy, and clumsy, so it would be risky coz knowing me i would leave the brat alone if it cries saying, it will soon shut up. then my sleep which has never been good, but with lack of sleep comes anger..and you dont want a 6 foot tall 23 stone mad angry at you. so its a case of not committing murder or suicide.

just a few reasons

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
November 09, 2006
I agree with ALL the reasons stated above!! Here are my ideas that I think wasn't mentioned (sorry if it's repeated):

1) We will not contribute to over-population.

2) We don't have to put up with stupid repetitive kid programs /movies that kids love to watch a million time.

3) We don't have to make silly parent voices to infants/ babies and have sensless converstaions and teach children at an early age to believe in Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Boogieman, etc....

4) We are able to have more sex because we get more sleep and have it anywhere in the house where we please for however long without having a kid sneak up on us.

5) We can walk around naked because we don't have to hide our bodies to a kid.
RandomCFChick
November 09, 2006
Trip to the grocery store for parents: making list, packing diaper bag, dressing kid(s), getting car keys, wrangling the kid(s) into the giganto SUV or minivan.

Trip to the grocery store for little ol' CF me: making list, getting car keys. Oh, and my canvas grocery bags.

And inside the store:

Parent: constantly monitoring kid's whereabouts, reminding kid to keep hands to self, and of course dealing with kid's request for candy/toys/other items that catch their attention, finding items from list, waiting in checkout line, paying, leaving. And that's assuming the kid is normal and reasonably well-behaved.

Little ol' CF me: finding itms from my list, waiting in checkout line, paying, leaving.

Yep, more efficient shopping is a definite upside.
November 09, 2006
Being alive.
Seriously, if I had to have a child, I'd probably kill myself at sometime before it turned 4.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
November 10, 2006
Never having to sit through any school plays, "talent" shows, choir performances or anything of that sort. To me, there's nothing more nerve-grating than the sound of children singing. And the only thing I find more repulsive than watching young kids act, is seeing their parents getting puffed up with pride and video-taping the crap like it's something special.
Mrs. Ogre
November 10, 2006
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there's nothing more nerve-grating than the sound of children singing.

Same here. I remember when I was in high school, I was in the choir, but we kept the same song in our repertoire. It's a French song. The original is sung by a man and kids back-ups. I hated it with a passion. Still, after more than 15 years, if I hear it, I leave the place where I am. I was once in a supermarket and it started playing on the speakers. I almost lost it. I think I left my cart and let. It's a blur.
November 10, 2006
doG! I HATE child actors and the sound of singing children. They make me want to vomit with a passion. It's a rare day when a child can actually ACT and express authentic emotion. Generally it's just mugging and making exaggerated faces for the camera which drives me batty, even if it's a comedy, and even if it's an adult (which is why Jim Carrey gives me the howling fantods). Their voices are screachy and tuneless.
I am SO GLAD to never have to sit through an elementary or middle school recital or play.

--Me
CFADinNYC
November 10, 2006
There was this ugly-assed male sprog of about 2 years old on the commuter train ride this morning. It could not contain itself and had to merrily chipper away. Young male sprog voices GRATE on my nerves - that high whine, shrill kinda sound. Like the kid was a eunuch.
Anonymous User
November 11, 2006
Reasons I don't want kids:

1. I had to watch my cousins when I was younger and the little brats annoyed the hell out of me. Two mintutes with those kids will make the sanest woman's ovaries tie themselves into a knot.

2. I don't have the means to have a child(I.E., I'm broke)

3. I don't think I'll ever be able to safely carry a child to term (I'm overweight and I've heard that it's harder for overweight women to conceive)

4. I can NOT tolerate screaming kids. I generally like well-behaved children, but screamers make my stomach turn.

5. The world already has too many unwanted and neglected kids as it is. Why add to the population?

6. "GEORGIE GET YOUR GRIMY LITTLE PAWS OFF MY GAME BOY!!!"

7. No changing diapers or baths!

8. No insipid children's shows (Teletubbies... *GAG*)

9. No dumbasses touching my stomach and going "AWW UR HAVIN A BAYBEE?!?!" I HATE being touched.

10. No waking up at the ass-crack of dawn to feed or change the kid. I like my sleep, thanks.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
November 13, 2006
Stephanie Wrote:
> Never having to sit through any school plays,
> "talent" shows, choir performances or anything of
> that sort. To me, there's nothing more
> nerve-grating than the sound of children singing.
> And the only thing I find more repulsive than
> watching young kids act, is seeing their parents
> getting puffed up with pride and video-taping the
> crap like it's something special.
Amen. I couldn't agree more.

lab mom
November 13, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
> For the women: being able to keep up one's
> physical health and appearance.

Same here. Nothing is sagging or full of stretch marks.

lab mom
Lady War-Dog
November 16, 2006
Because my husband's and my Saturday schedule is as follows:

--Get up about 9ish. Throw on some clothes and head over to Chik-Fil-A to get some breakfast.

--9:30-10:30: Breakfast in bed while watching cartoons.

--10:30-11:30: Nap.

--11:30-1:30: War-Dog plays video games, I read or surf the Net. Shower.

--1:30-2:00: Discussion about what to do that day (shop, go to Disneyland, stay home and watch movies, etc.) over lunch.

--2:00-?: Activity of the day.

--6:00-7:00: Nap.

--7:00-7:30: Make dinner, discussion about the night's activities (go dancing, go to the movies, stay home, etc.)

--8:00-?: Night activity.

--12 AM or 1:30: Usually in bed by this time.

Now I ask you, would I be able to do this if I had sprogs? Don't think so. Hooray for lazy childfree weekends! smiling smiley
CFBitchfromLA
November 16, 2006
Just the freedom from all of the bratshit is enough for me! I can not stand the eternal noise, mess, stress and bullshit that goes with brats!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login