Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exhibit A: Why childless is not the same as childfree

Posted by yurble 
Exhibit A: Why childless is not the same as childfree
July 23, 2014
The author of this article was living out an adventure in Istanbul, but meanwhile was pretending to be a mommy blogger living in suburbia because she hopes to be one some day. You would never catch a childfree person pining for the dullest of all possible lives, complete with kids with stomach flu and sleepless nights.
Re: Exhibit A: Why childless is not the same as childfree
July 23, 2014
Haha, post near the top has the same cartoon Thom posted the other day in another thread ("On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.")

Wouldn't it be something if the worst mombie-blahgger offenders were really just trolling the entire internet.

This one does seem just delusional and weird, though. Maybe when she does have kyds, she'll pretend they're sick for more attention, like the Munchausen Moos. It would fit.
July 23, 2014
Speaking of trolling - is she trolling her readers with that article?

My actual life during my “suburban mom” days was the stuff every writer dreams of. I lived in a large, rambling apartment in the shadow of Galata Tower, one of the funkiest and most sought-after neighborhoods in all of Istanbul for expats and locals alike. My apartment overlooked a large decaying apartment building that seemed not to be inhabited, though every once in a while through the closed shutters I could see a light go on then off in one of the apartments. Of course, I imagined it housed a Turkish Miss Havisham living in its darkened, dusty rooms. My roommate then was a tall, loquacious Russian man who was larger than life. We would sit in one of our living rooms (we had two) and smoke, and drink countless cups of tea or the duty-free alcohol and pork products our guests would bring us and talk endlessly about life and love and Turkish real estate. To answer the questions of my heart, I had a lover who would visit on odd afternoons when the apartment was quiet. We would stand on the sills in our stocking feet and throw my quilt and blanket over the seven-foot windows so Miss Havisham wouldn’t be able to see us. Then we’d make love in my small twin bed only to be roused by the late afternoon call to prayer.

I had always imagined I would be that suburban mom with two kids, with one keeping me up at night with the stomach flu or complaining about how they won’t eat their vegetables. I never dreamed I would be a writer in beautiful faraway city doing things I never thought I could do.

Her florid writing rivals that of GFG (tip of the hat to "pork products", LOL). If she ever does decide it's Time to Pair Up and Breed, her ensuing Mommy Blog will provide plenty of snark material for GOMI.
July 23, 2014
That shit is bizarre. It sounds like she's trying to hide behind the she was "just a writer" excuse, but it seems more like one of these weirdo types we get on here occasionally who are pretending to be childfree when they have a suckling dangling off one udder and a toddler on the other, along with a twin loaf screeching in the Pack-N-Play as he awaits his turn on the teat.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 23, 2014
kidlesskim
That shit is bizarre. It sounds like she's trying to hide behind the she was "just a writer" excuse, but it seems more like one of these weirdo types we get on here occasionally who are pretending to be childfree when they have a suckling dangling off one udder and a toddler on the other, along with a twin loaf screeching in the Pack-N-Play as he awaits his turn on the teat.

Personally, I think her brand of crazy sounds like she's one butcher knife away from claiming a pregnant woman's fetus as her own...
July 23, 2014
What a load of BS!

:BS
July 23, 2014
yurble
kidlesskim

Personally, I think her brand of crazy sounds like she's one butcher knife away from claiming a pregnant woman's fetus as her own...

but only the CF are dangerous /dr dickhead pinsky

Click here to login