Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Lazy Husbands, Hungry Kids, and Hopeful Wives"(Fundie Clergy Gives Advice):rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/lazy-husbands-hungry-kids-and-hopeful-wives/

A Christian Fundamentalist Asks Clergy for Advice
Is it normal for wives of Visionary men to face homelessness? My husband has not worked at all for 2 years. Our car died and there is no money to fix it. Our savings are almost gone. We are very behind on our rent, and my husband has made it clear that he does not want me trying to get any kind of government assistance. Nor does he want me asking him any more work-related questions of any kind. He wants to work from home and will not consider doing any kind of other work to make ends meet. I am really trying to keep my mouth shut but am struggling as of late. We will be facing eviction soon. Is "visionary" the new politically word for bum?confused smiley

My parents live very close by and are aware that my husband is either sleeping or on the computer. My mom doesn’t say anything but often offers us food, which is well-received. I make a small amount of money working from home, but it is not enough to keep us afloat.Should I just quietly allow this to happen to us? I wouldn’t worry about it so much if our children were not so young. They are 4, 2, and 1. My husband is not a Christian, but I love him and think he is a good man, but he is making me crazy! If you have any advice on what I can do, please let me know. I am guessing she wants to stay within the guidelines of being a submissive wife and also the, "Let your husband be the head of household and lead" fundie philosophy. One thing I can't help but notice is the lazy mother fucker hasn't worked in TWO YEARS, yet she has created an additionall loaf since he last worked. I suppose she's against birth control as well.shrug

The Answer from Above

Dear Sister,
Your problem is part of a growing epidemic that can’t be blamed on the economy. God tells us in I Timothy 5:8, “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”In Micah 4:4, God reminds us, “But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree…”If she had a fig tree at least they could have some fruit! If he's worse than an infidel, doesn't that mean she can rebel or something?confused smiley

Clearly God meant for every man to work and provide for his household. So you and God are agreed, but that doesn’t mean your husband is going to jump up and get a job just because you tell him what God has said. So, what is a wife supposed to do? Basically nothing—nothing in word and nothing in deed. Just stay cheerful and loving. Your situation is better than most, for you have parents who, while not pushy, are willing to help. First, thank God for that wonderful mercy. Are they serious? What do they MEAN do nothing and stay cheerful and loving? What is WRONG with these people? How about lay down the law the fucker gets a job or get a job herself? :headbrick

It is certainly not your responsibility to keep him from eating, but neither is it your duty to bail him out of his laziness. Tell your mom how much you appreciate her generous offerings of food, but ask her to give foods that only the little ones will eat. Make the food plain and basic. Slip over once a day with the children but without your husband and eat heartily. When there is no money available, allow your own kitchen cabinets to become bare.
The best thing a woman can do is allow the situation to come to a head as quickly as possible. Don’t be an enabler by seeking further income. As long as he can keep the family together in any dwelling and provide food, continue to cheerfully follow his lead.So, she's supposed to sneak over to her mom's and mooch off them? HOW is she an "enabler" by going to work? That starve him out advice won't work or they wouldn't be on the verge of eviction as he obviously doesn't give a shit. So, that bullshit about as long as he keeps the famblee together in ANY dwelling or provides any food at all, which clearly he isn't, is ridiculous! Besides, she already said she has no transportation, so how is she going to sneak out and eat?confused smiley

But what if a worst case scenario develops and you are evicted and find yourself homeless with no place to go but the streets or a homeless shelter? That puts your children in danger.If your husband’s actions put your children in real danger—not just discomfort or inconvenience—you should protect the children by respectfully disobeying your husband. To broaden the subject for our readers, the same would be true if a drunken husband commanded a wife and children to ride in the car while he drove. Respectfully disobey. Likewise, if a husband commands a wife to leave her children in the care of questionable babysitters, follow your maternal instincts. "Respectfully disobey" how, I wonder, since he just told her she couldn't get a job and he's told her to go to her mom's house and eat?confused smiley

If your present circumstances deteriorate to the point of homelessness, I suggest that you quietly arrange ahead of time for your parents to invite you and the children, but not your husband, to come and live with them. Let him live in a homeless shelter until he can provide a home for you and the girls. If he insists that you live with him on the streets, tell him your children come first and you will take them to your parents, dreaming of the day when he has a place for the family to be united. Perhaps you could have your parents invite him for dinner and a conjugal visit once a week but not to stay the night. Sometimes a man needs to lose his comfort zone (computer and TV) to appreciate his responsibility to maintain that zone. Most women make the mistake of jumping in and providing, and then they become bitter toward their lazy husbands. Well, one thing he would NOT be getting is the "conjugal" visit and then leaving with a full belly. Yeah, THAT will show him! He won't go to a homeless shelter, he'll work just enough to house and feed himself, and likely will find a way to pay rent in order to keep his "comfort zone" intact, and basically her parents will be paying the rest of the famblee's way. In other words, redistribute the responsibility of herself and her kids by imposing on her parents for a "visit" that will likely last a lifetime if the cunt doesn't get rid of the bum and go to work! eye rolling smiley

I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this. If you have a better answer, I would like to hear it. We will publish worthy answers that vary from my own. I am glad God made me a husband and not a wife. Every woman deserves to be loved and cherished, and every child deserves to be protected and nurtured. Some husbands deserve to be whipped, but that, dear lady, is God’s job, not yours. It's SUCH bullshit that because she's a wife she isn't allowed to support herself and her own kids lest it make the man feel less manly or something. These people behave as if women can't do ANYTHING without the husband, unless it's horse shit like moving in with her parents until Tubby mends his ways, which is likely to be never. He's probably hoping the wife and kids will leave, which means legally she "abandoned" their home and left HIM, which will absolve him of all blame in the eyes of other people. "My wife left me and took the kids" will likely be his next line when he attempts to procure his next meal ticket.:BS

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
The LAST thing these two fertile losers need is more screwing. At least if they are homeless that would stop to some degree. Anybody who allows their children to suffer so they don't bruise a man's ego is a horrible parent.
That story almost reads like fiction; hell, it might even make a good screenplay! tongue sticking out smiley I have no doubt it's real though.

One wonders what kind of "visionary" the wife is talking about. Like Tesla? Probably not, and there just isn't a lot of demand for visionaries unless they actually have good ideas and/or the means to make them happen. Duh probably just envisions people giving him money someday, and the Moo and kyds are left waiting for the Big Break to happen. This is a mess of epic-proportions. The "obedience" crap is really the problem here. Moo owes no obedience to her loser husband. He isn't doing what he should, so why should Moo follow his directives? I'll bet Pastor Fundie is glad he's a husband and not a wife. Men call the shots in Fundie Christianity, and the women had better like it or STFU. And ix-nay on the "conjugal" visits. Normally I think witholding sex is a bad idea, but in this case Moo would be a fool to keep screwing Duh so long as he's a Gentleman of Leisure.

It takes a child to raze a village.
I think I've read this story before, could you maybe have posted it in the past? Either that or this wtfuckery is pretty damn pervasive.

I'm surprised she didn't hear something like this: It is your own damn fault for marrying a heathen, so drop your kids off with your parents and go join him in living on the streets in penance for letting lust choose your husband.
yurble
I think I've read this story before, could you maybe have posted it in the past? Either that or this wtfuckery is pretty damn pervasive.

I'm surprised she didn't hear something like this: It is your own damn fault for marrying a heathen, so drop your kids off with your parents and go join him in living on the streets in penance for letting lust choose your husband.

It sounded familiar to me too, but so many stories like these are so similar and commonplace I can't be certain!shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I love about how the WOMAN safety is completely irrilevant. Only the children's safety matters.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
You know, for all the fundies’ talk of men being the big, strong providers of the household, they unknowingly cast them as weak, pitiful creatures whose egos must be assuaged at all times. All the advice I’ve ever seen given to fundie wives when they’re having husband trouble always boils down to them walking on eggshells lest their husband’s fragile ego be damaged.
alana
You know, for all the fundies’ talk of men being the big, strong providers of the household, they unknowingly cast them as weak, pitiful creatures whose egos must be assuaged at all times. All the advice I’ve ever seen given to fundie wives when they’re having husband trouble always boils down to them walking on eggshells lest their husband’s fragile ego be damaged.
Yeah, that is what I noticed too. The men have to be coddled, the men can't be 'under' a woman and so on. very often it's in the 'complementarian' or 'the woman submits' type Christian marriages. (The other one is the equal Christian marriage, where this male ego stroking is far less common and even frowned on.) I have a suspicion that this ugliness in that marriage is going to drag on for a while.
"I am glad that god made me a husband and not a wife".

YOUR DICK DOES NOT SHIELD YOU FROM JUDGEMENT.

This is why I absolutely never call myself a Christian, I am not getting married and I exiled myself from the Christian religion years ago. These people are so stupid! Clearly they don't realize any of the biblical shit behind this. He is not a man of god thIs boyfriend, so beat his ASS. AND WHY IN THE FUCK SHOULD SHE OBEY THIS HEATHEN ASSHOLE!? It says that the two can't be unevenly yoked! The reverend should have told her to leave his ass if he want to go with the fundie way. It also says in the New Testament of the bible that in Christ there is no male or female, therefore, there can be no husband or wife, the are equal and thus the wife is a free agent, GET A JOB YOU BUM! They keep spouting this Old Testament shit and it drives me FUCKING NUTS. You can't be a believer in Christ and still working with Old Testament law. It just. Doesn't. Work. That. Way.

Under Christ a woman becomes a "man" in the sight of god and the man becomes a woman. They are no longer gendered and all become heirs under god's law. That is how Christianity is SUPPOSED to be. That's how Jesus had commanded it! And this fuckupery is why I can't stand fundies and their BACKASSWARDS FUCKING ILK! Oh my GAWD! I just! LITERALLY! CANT! EVEN! :sbx
Catharsist, you said it better then I grinning smiley
That is some real mental illness happening. When you have to justify bad behavior, you know something isn't right.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Clearly moo should dump the lazy bastard.

But, since she's apparently not willing to do that and is content to let him sit on his ass, then why doesn't SHE go out and get a job outside the home and let him play stay-at-home-duh?

I guarantee if he's stuck with the kyds 24/7, something will change fast. Either he'll be chomping at the bit to find a job just to GTF away from them; or he'll end up leaving moo/kyds, which would be an improvement for them anyways at this point.
I've read this story before, a few years ago. I think it was on some fundie forum that we were all horrified at. If I were this woman's parents, I would tell her that she could only bring her kids over to eat if she agreed to look for a job and file for divorce. And what shitty advice - sneak over to the parents' house ONCE A DAY and "eat heartily"? That doesn't work for little kids with little stomachs. They can't eat a bunch at one sitting without getting sick, and three hours later they are hungry again. Then what? Another clandestine food run?
Oh, yes, Gawd forbid duh go without his poon entitlement while his family is homeless. I'm sure this idiot's parents would be MORE THAN HAPPY to house and feed their adult daughter and her three kids while duh visits every once in awhile from the homeless shelter to eat their food and screw their daughter. Sounds like a fantastic plan!
gymrat
I've read this story before, a few years ago. I think it was on some fundie forum that we were all horrified at. If I were this woman's parents, I would tell her that she could only bring her kids over to eat if she agreed to look for a job and file for divorce. And what shitty advice - sneak over to the parents' house ONCE A DAY and "eat heartily"? That doesn't work for little kids with little stomachs. They can't eat a bunch at one sitting without getting sick, and three hours later they are hungry again. Then what? Another clandestine food run?
When I copy-pasted the link and saw the site itself, I thought 'No wonder..."

It's the Pearls, a pair notorious for the book 'To Train Up a Child' that advises parents to use plumbing tubing for a whip to discipline a child.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login