Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Diaper Bank Opens in Springfieldconfused smiley

Posted by kidlesskim 
Diaper Bank Opens in Springfieldconfused smiley
July 25, 2014
http://wwlp.com/2014/07/24/diaper-bank-opened-in-springfield/?hpt=us_bn7

INDIAN ORCHARD, Mass. (WWLP) – While food banks have long helped families in need, a new donation center of a very different sort will provide parents here in western Massachusetts with an expensive necessity: diapers. The Journal of Pediatrics recently reported that three out of ten families can’t afford to buy enough diapers. With that need in mind, western Massachusetts’ first “diaper bank” opened Thursday morning in Springfield’s Indian Orchard neighborhood. 30% of breeders can't afford diapers? FFS, WHY are they having babies then? I suspect the number is higher, but many probably have enough cash left over after WIC-SNAP-Medicaid, Section 8, etc....to pay for the damned things!thumbs updown

Krista Jones of Indian Orchard told 22News that she was thrilled to hear that the diaper bank would be opening near her home. The mother of one, who is expecting her second child, said that she hopes to take advantage of the resources the bank will provide. She said that diapers can cost about $25 per package, and any assistance with that expense would be helpful.“It could really help me very much. I can’t afford diapers on my own, so it will help me,” Jones said. She ALREADY has a loaf she can't afford and got knocked up with ANOTHER one?angrily flogging with a whip

Some 4,000 diapers donated by Boston Medical Center have been delivered to the bank, located at the Community Survival Center on Main Street.Taj-Kamau Robinson is a member of the Springfield Diaper Task Force. He knows from experience how quickly packs of diapers can go.“My daughter would go through 10-12 diapers in one day, so when it comes to the whole week, the cost would be right up there,” Robinson said. Exactly, with each loaf using 75 a week, that 4000 stock won't last a day!:headbrick

The task force intends to come up with a plan for distributing the diapers to needy families. Their immediate problem is replenishing the diapers that are expected to go fast. They’ve asked everyone who can donate diapers to bring them to the diaper bank at the Community survival center, 240 Main Street in Indian Orchard No, the IMMEDIATE problem is all these fucking losers pumping out kids they can't afford! How about a CLOTH diaper bank and they recycle them after they're done loaf shitting, although that might BE a couple of decades.angry smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: Diaper Bank Opens in Springfieldconfused smiley
July 25, 2014
You know what's cheaper than 2-3 years' worth of diapers if you can't afford them?

A FUCKING ABORTION.
July 25, 2014
Or a bag of condoms.

I am disgusted by this. None of is against welfare or aid to the truly needy. Plenty of people are on public assistance due to being ill or having fallen on hard times. But these fucking cows are pregnant with kids they can't afford. They did it to themselves and the village is expected to step up.
July 25, 2014
The Springfield Diaper Task Force?

Somewhere, there's a S impson's take on this just dying to come out. I'm picturing some H omer foolishness which actually reveals how a lot of people really feel about all this diaper donation urgency, maybe some cracks about Mr. B urns in adult diapers, as well as some poop jokes and shitty diapers lit on fire and left on people's porches from B art. (Wrong Springfield, but I just had to anyway grinning smiley)
July 25, 2014
kidlesskim

The task force intends to come up with a plan for distributing the diapers to needy families. Their immediate problem is replenishing the diapers that are expected to go fast. They’ve asked everyone who can donate diapers to bring them to the diaper bank at the Community survival center, 240 Main Street in Indian Orchard No, the IMMEDIATE problem is all these fucking losers pumping out kids they can't afford! How about a CLOTH diaper bank and they recycle them after they're done loaf shitting, although that might BE a couple of decades.angry smiley
That's what I'm wondering too, why not cloth diapers? But I'm betting then they'll whine 'But it's too haaard." And you know where all of these 'emergency' diapers are going to end?

In a landfill. :lips
July 25, 2014
Yeah, let's organize a community effort so these idiots can further trash the Earth.

There are documentaries made about how evil Monsanto is--diaper companies should be right up there with them. They've funded pediatricians to agree with this chyyyyld-led potty training bullshit and recommend that kids be potty trained at later and later ages, which of course means MORE PRODUCT FOR THE SHEEPLE TO BUY and consequently TRASH THE EARTH.

I found this phrase interesting:

The Journal of Pediatrics recently reported that three out of ten families can’t afford to buy enough diapers.

Note the use of the word "enough." The number I see routinely for cost of diapers, properly used, is between $1800 and $2000 per year. "Enough" means tossing out soiled diapers, so that means people who can't afford to change them leave their kids in nasty diapers, which has to be bad for the kid's skin and overall health. These selfish assholes have kids they can't afford, and then they don't take care of them properly.

Cloth diapers cost less and they have the added benefit of letting the kid know when he/she is wet, which helps with the bowel control and potty training. When kids know when they are wet they can start to figure out the cause and effect. My mom trained all of us prior to 16 months old. Most Moos back then wanted to get their kids out of diapers as early as possible. Makes sense but modern Helicopter Moos don't think that way.
July 25, 2014
Back in the Before Time, when I was a hatchling, Mom and Dad used cloth diapers. I think it was about the mid-60s when Pampers came out, but my parents still used cloth. They were both very frugal, and disposable diapers would have seemed just plain wasteful. Yeah, it takes more effort to dump contents of cloth diapers, wash, dry, etc., but having kids entails a lot of work (duh). By all means, though, let's give people everything they need so they can all be parents!:eyebrows

"Oh, reason not the need!" said King Lear, but he wasn't talking about endless freebies.

It takes a child to raze a village.
July 25, 2014
Eh.. I say that if we are all going to the 'land of green' andbeing all concerned about the climate and soforth... Let's just outlaw disposables and then they'd HAVE to use and recycle the cloth ones. Would put the 'diaper dan' guys back to work. See... less waste and more jobs.
Okay....bring on the next national problem.

I do agree that with cloth the kid knows how uncomfortable wet and stink is and will potty train faster. I remember that me and all my cousins I grew up with (there were 6 of us) were trained (for the most part) before 18 months. Now they have kids in diapers till they're FIVE!!!!
July 25, 2014
Maybe if these idiots cancelled their internet, they could afford diapers FFS! Oh but posting naked pics of their brats on Facebook is a necessity, don't you know?

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
July 25, 2014
See what happens when you sleep with a loser deadbeat? PICK BETTER MEN TO RIDE BAREBACK!!!!! Or better yet, DON'T SHIT OUT KIDS YOU CAN'T AFFORD!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
July 25, 2014
Okay, this has gone too far. It's common knowledge that every baby has basic needs: food, diapers, attention. If you cannot afford or are unwilling to give any of those before it's even born, you have no business breeding. Every breeder that goes to the "diaper bank" should be put on a list, more social workers hired, and said social workers just be all up in each breeder's ass. Maybe when you start getting treated and shamed like the unfit parent you are, you might be motivated to become a little better.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 26, 2014
NEWSFLASH!

Downtown, the sperm bank has exploded! It is feared the whole city has been overcome...

kidlesskim
http://wwlp.com/2014/07/24/diaper-bank-opened-in-springfield/?hpt=us_bn7

INDIAN ORCHARD, Mass. (WWLP) – While food banks have long helped families in need, a new donation center of a very different sort will provide parents here in western Massachusetts with an expensive necessity: diapers. The Journal of Pediatrics recently reported that three out of ten families can’t afford to buy enough diapers. With that need in mind, western Massachusetts’ first “diaper bank” opened Thursday morning in Springfield’s Indian Orchard neighborhood. 30% of breeders can't afford diapers? FFS, WHY are they having babies then? I suspect the number is higher, but many probably have enough cash left over after WIC-SNAP-Medicaid, Section 8, etc....to pay for the damned things!thumbs updown

Krista Jones of Indian Orchard told 22News that she was thrilled to hear that the diaper bank would be opening near her home. The mother of one, who is expecting her second child, said that she hopes to take advantage of the resources the bank will provide. She said that diapers can cost about $25 per package, and any assistance with that expense would be helpful.“It could really help me very much. I can’t afford diapers on my own, so it will help me,” Jones said. She ALREADY has a loaf she can't afford and got knocked up with ANOTHER one?angrily flogging with a whip

Some 4,000 diapers donated by Boston Medical Center have been delivered to the bank, located at the Community Survival Center on Main Street.Taj-Kamau Robinson is a member of the Springfield Diaper Task Force. He knows from experience how quickly packs of diapers can go.“My daughter would go through 10-12 diapers in one day, so when it comes to the whole week, the cost would be right up there,” Robinson said. Exactly, with each loaf using 75 a week, that 4000 stock won't last a day!:headbrick

The URGENT problem is teaching these worthless cows how to use burth cuntrul or easing the path to sterilization and stemming the tide of these worthless unwanted loafs!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 26, 2014
I remember when my youngest sister was born in 1970 and, even though disposable diapers were the rage and they could afford them, my mother stuck with cloth diapers because they were MUCH MUCH cheaper and more comfortable for my little loaf sister. All you have to do is dump diaper turds in the toilet, rinse, and toss the diaper in a diaper pail where they could marinate in a little bleach water. The pissed ones didn't even have to be rinsed. Then, once a day, usually first thing in the morning after the early morning diaper dump. she'd toss the whole pail full in the washer. Diapers don't even have to be folded, although they generally were and it only took a few minutes. Our house rarely had that rancid diaper pail stench because the shit was rinsed out and regularly cleaned.shrug

So, WHY can't these cunts today do the same thing? ANY self respecting person WOULD use cloth before they went to a fucking diaper bank! This entire diaper bank shit is ABSURD. eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 26, 2014
kidlesskim
I remember when my youngest sister was born in 1970 and, even though disposable diapers were the rage and they could afford them, my mother stuck with cloth diapers because they were MUCH MUCH cheaper and more comfortable for my little loaf sister. All you have to do is dump diaper turds in the toilet, rinse, and toss the diaper in a diaper pail where they could marinate in a little bleach water. The pissed ones didn't even have to be rinsed. Then, once a day, usually first thing in the morning after the early morning diaper dump. she'd toss the whole pail full in the washer. Diapers don't even have to be folded, although they generally were and it only took a few minutes. Our house rarely had that rancid diaper pail stench because the shit was rinsed out and regularly cleaned.shrug

So, WHY can't these cunts today do the same thing? ANY self respecting person WOULD use cloth before they went to a fucking diaper bank! This entire diaper bank shit is ABSURD. eye rolling smiley

And... the above routine with dumping, washing and folding would have those lazy moos toilet training a lot earlier too. This would also cut down on the environmental nightmare of these freeking disposable pieces of crap. the moos do this because it's 'eeeeezier' to put loaf, toadler, preskrewler in to disposables because....1) no washing 2) it can poop and pee more between changings because of the 'suuuuper absoooobancy' 3) they're just lazy moos.
July 26, 2014
Over the course of almost the last 35 years, I have been involved with various ecological projects and have come to know all the fellow tree- huggers from my local area (and beyond).

Part of the reason that I have backed away from those involvements are that most tree-huggers are not living very ecologically themselves and most projects ended up being meetings after meetings and no real action.

One couple in particular, was preporting to be one of the most ecological pair in the region.
As I came to know them more personally, I could see that they theorized and researched a LOT, but did not really do much that was 'green lifestyle'.
They had been unemployed or underemployed (ie part-time work at minimum wage) for all of their lives.

One day, I got a pregnancy announcement from them.
As we were all quite involved in local ecological groups, and we had developed a personal relationship, I decided to over-ride my normal aversion to all things baby.

As a gift, I offered to make them a full set of custom cloth diapers, complete with liners and covers. (This is 20-30 diapers plus accessories for newborns at a value of about $300- 500 )
Such a gift would cut all diapering costs in half compared to usual cost to start cloth diapering as they would only have to pay for detergent and utilities, which could be lower if ecological laundry methods are utilized.

Getting free cloth diapers would also be about half the diapering cost of disposable diapers.
The cost of disposable diapers is about $2000 until toilet-trained or about $60 per month.

When you are done with them, you can also resell cloth diapers for 50-70% of their original retail value.

They declined.
It was the last time that I was in any attempt at contact with them.

If the really broke 'super tree-huggers' are squatting out a kid that they absolutely can't afford, without regard to the ecological consequences AND refuse to make the effort when FREE custom ecological diapers will appear on their doorstep, then what more is there to say ?

Perhaps all breeders should be made to keep all these used disposable diapers (7,000 to 8,000 until normal toilet -trained age) in their living space, indefinitely, so they can truly live with the consequences.

=======================================

Analysis of Direct Diaper Costs ( Fabric vs Disposable)

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/cloth-diapering-a-real-world-analysis/

http://www.squawkfox.com/2012/07/09/cloth-diapers/

(the above analysis only discusses direct daily dollar values and not ecological issues)

Diapers Ecological Costs

"This post may be about saving money with cloth, but there’s an environmental impact to keeping disposable diapers out of the landfill. A few diaper facts to consider:

From U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:
In 2010, disposable diapers accounted for 3.7 million tons (2.3% total) of municipal waste.

From Environment Canada:
1.7 billion disposable diapers are used each year.
Disposable diapers represent 3% of residential waste.
Over 4,000,000 disposable diapers are discarded per day in Canada.

From Green Living Tips:
Disposable diapers take about 450 years to break down in the environment, possibly much longer in a landfill."
July 26, 2014
Plus landfills tend to have seepages if/when the seal under them breaks down over time, and I think they've said that all of that human waste in the diapers is also a health hazard and stuff because it's not treated.

I think the reason why most babies potty train earlier in cloth diapers is because most creatures instinctively dislike soiling themselves, and a infant/toddler feeling itself in it's waste (not wicked away as in disposables) is given incentive to learn quickly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login