Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Grand Parents Won't Babysit"confused smiley

Posted by kidlesskim 
"Grand Parents Won't Babysit"confused smiley
August 01, 2014
http://www.city-data.com/forum/grandparents/1606134-grandparents-wont-watch-grandkids.html

I'm a SAHM now with a 2 1/2 year old, a 15 month old and I'm 7 months pregnant, my husband is incredibly supportive and we have a great relationship. My children are not ill behaved in any way, they are very well mannered (for being toddlers) and listen to what you tell them. The problem lies in our families. Riiiiight, "for being toddlers". No, the "problem" lies with the fact you keep pumping out kids like a fucking Pez dispenser and are pissed no one wants to baby sit your brats while you fuck off! Watching your kids is YOUR job, and no one else's.:litebulb

My parents both drink way too much and we don't feel comfortable with them watching our kids. Also, neither of us have any close friends or relatives that are available to watch the children... We have thought about care.com, etc. but would hate to leave the kids with a stranger. TOUGH shit! You knew your parents drank too much, that no other relatives, who likely have their OWN brats, would want to babysit YOUR brood, and you knew that childcare was expensive and that the baby sitters would be "strangers".. So, WHY keep shitting loaves? Why do you NEED a baby sitter anyway? It isn't like she has a job or any commitments other than fucking without birth control and she seems to have PLENTY of time to do that! :bayybee:bayybee:baybie1

My sister in law has 5 kids who have no sense of discipline and refuse to listen to anyone. My husbands parents will watch her kids for 2-3 days at a time, with a moments notice. They always buy them clothes and shoes, bikes and toys (just randomly, not for bdays or anything).... When we ask them to watch my 2 kids (2 weeks in advance even) I always get a answer that eventually leads to a "no". They never think to buy our kids anything... etc. They obviously favor my sister-in-laws kids. Oh, HERE'S the problem:Moo competition and petty jealousy. This cunt thinks her brats are perfect and everyone else's are unruly. I am SO glad I don't have to live this mama drama horse shit.:BS

The few times they have watched them, they call us at exactly two hours saying we need to pick them up. I am stressed out of my mind because I just want to be able to have a date night where we're not limited to 2 hours on the dot. Now, recently, with having the new baby due in a couple of months, we're worried about who we can leave the kids with while we're giving birth in the hospital. (They watched my first child when I had my second but and everything was okay....) I'd say it's a big red flag you shouldn't keep popping out kids you can't afford a baby sitter for if NO ONE is "available" to watch the REST of the kids WHILE you are in the hospital cranking out ANOTHER one! What, why can't her husband take care of his own kids while Moo is bizzy beefing out the next? confused smiley

I need some serious advice but I don't know how to approach it with his parents and my husband doesn't feel like he can say anything either (I think he doesn't know how to go about it). We deserve to have some time together and I take it extremely personally that they won't watch our children. How do I handle this? Our kids LOVE my husbands parents and when we're all together everything is perfect so I don't know what the issue is...God, the sense of entitlement just oozes through the computer screen. Who wants to bet the grand parents have been taken advantage of SO MUCH by this cow in the past they finally drew the line? When she giddily announced this last inpigness they probably rolled their eyes.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: "Grand Parents Won't Babysit"confused smiley
August 01, 2014
I'm thinking that their daughter's five kids have already worn them out and taught them a valuable lesson about learning to say no. Now that their son's wife has started popping them out, they have learned to steel themselves and tell her "NO!" They aren't going to get trapped a second time around.
August 01, 2014
Good God, the entitlement. Once your kids are grown up and independent, any future loaf sitting or other forms of help are entirely at the parents' discretion. I don't think anybody should think to expect that they can just drop their brats off at a moments notice for as long as they feel like, never mind who it is they are imposing on. Do these entitlemoos ever stop tothink tthat their own parents might be over the child rearing thing and have decided they are entitled to some time for themselves once they're older/retired without having to mind the grandbrats every five minutes? Of course it's fine when they take the kids to visit and they're all together, because the main onus for looking after the kids is still on the parents - the grandparents aren't having to worry about stopping Shitleigh Darwinising himself or wrecking their house on their watch. You just know if something went wrong, where Moo would point the finger.

Grandparents have a right to set limits, too. One of my breederific cousins shat a third brat last year, and had clearly been told that her 70 y o parents were not up to caring for a third like they had with the first two who are now 4 and 7.- cousinmoo worked part time and grandparents had them 2-3 days a week from age 1 to kindergarten age. She had the third brat anyway and now is all butthurt that they don't seem as interested or aren't bonding with it as much as the other two and she is always whinging about the childcare costs. Another cousin is baking a third and her parents are worried they'll end up caring for the new loaf as well as the 2 and 4 y o, because she's said she can only afford the minimum mooternity this time and wants to go back when the fresh one is 6 months.
August 01, 2014
These moos who shoot loaves and expect the rest of the fambly to take care of them make me want to hurl...two faces puking I don't feel any responsiblity to any related loaf.
August 01, 2014
First of all, she's a SAHMoo who is cranking out kids to renew the pregnancy-new baby attention and to ensure that she has a continued excuse to not get a real job. There's no reason to need anybody to babysit.

Second of all, she only wants the grandparents to babysit because it's free. All breeders want to whine about not having a stranger babysitting their kids (yet certainly have no qualms about that when they send their kids to fly on their own, leave them in a park all day, abandon them in a store so they can fuck off, and generally expect The Villageâ„¢ to play babysitter for free) when really it's because they would have to pay the stranger to watch the brats for a few hours. And babysitting babies and toddlers is more expensive than school-age potty-trained kids.

Third of all, if you think you and your husband "deserve" some time together, you all should have planned that out before the first kid was conceived, let alone the next two. Having kids is like the one thing in life you can actually plan for and society really needs to stop perpetuating the idea that children just spontaneously form. Even if the pregnancy was "unplanned" (usually bullshit in the first place), there's still a 40-week gestational period. You can't plan shit in nearly a year? And hell, it seems like half of these fucking kids born are Frankenbabies created in petri dishes and test tubes, so how the fuck are you going to act like you could not have possibly planned for a damn thing?

Fourth of all, if somebody says no to babysitting, that's it. Don't start whining, writing letters to agony aunts, and posting on moo forums. All that does is justify the reasons why you were denied what you want. Maybe you should take the opportunity for introspection and think why you were told no, while your SIL gets the free babysitting. Oh, but wait, you have two infants and inpig with another; you're too far a "busy mom" to think.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 01, 2014
Oh they "deserve" date time? How do they figure that? They would've had date time any time they wanted if they didn't have to sprog; much less for the 3rd time.

The entitlement burns. No, you don't "deserve" free time once you decide to breed. That's part of the shit you have to give up when you birth your little burdens. Just like you don't "deserve" to go out to fancy restaurants when your kyds can't behave. Just like you don't get to whine and beg for someone else to pay your bills because you just had to have a baybee when you have fuck-all in financial security.

If they could be bothered to hire a baybee-sitter, they could actually go out sometimes. But, the reason why they want grandma and grandpa is because they're free. That's exactly why they don't want to use Care.com. Not because they don't want to leave Sprogley with a stranger, but because they don't want to have to pay anything, much less a fair wage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login