Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, I need help I guess. confused smiley

Posted by catharsist 
So, I need help I guess. confused smiley
August 20, 2014
Okay, so everyone knows about my pain the ass knocked up co-worker now. Recently I heard that she got a damn ultrasound so she will undoubtedly be shoving it my face tomorrow, which pisses me off. But I overall have a problem. I'm (and I hate using this word), tokophobic.
I fucking hate that tokophobic is even considered a thing. Pregnancy and childbirth is flat out repulsive, period. And fear of childbirth is SMART not disordered. So the psychology department can fuck off with this one. Rant off.

Anyway, I need some help or some techniques on disguising my disgust. I feel as if whenever she comes over to me to talk about her little infection, I know I make a face and act awkward and sometimes bitchy honestly because I couldn't give a singular rats ass if she wants to ruin her body/life/future prospects/sanity. And ALL SHE DOES is talk about this and talking about how huge she's going to be, which is literally nauseating to me. I have tried to stay away from her but she keeps coming to where I work in the store to talk about it to the people around me, even though she shouldn't be in the front of the house.

And even when I go fucking ANYWHERE in my workplace she always seems to be there yammering on and on about this. So, if I have any fellow tokophobics here, how do you guys handle shit like this? This is the first time I've had to work with a brainless teen-breeder and it probably won't be the last. fainting

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: So, I need help I guess. confused smiley
August 20, 2014
catharsist
she shouldn't be in the front of the house

Maybe take it from there... preferably with her line manager devil with smile
August 20, 2014
I think the best thing to do is to tell her, the next time she brings up something personal, that you prefer to keep your relationship on a professional level and you're not interested in discussing her private life, only work.
August 20, 2014
I'm an asshole so I tend to tell moos exactly what I think of birfing and loaves and all that. :biggrin2 But you can only do that when you have nothing to fear or gain from the person you're saying it to or if it's someone you'll never see again. Because this is a co-worker it's a bit trickier, but I would go with both sausage and yurble's advice and remind her that she's at work, not at home.
Maybe you could also keep changing the subject when she starts going on about her bebbeh stuff?

'I'm gonna be huge, I'm gonna have a babbeh, wah, moo...'-'I heard (insert location) is really nice this time of year.'

'
August 20, 2014
Hearing about this makes me glad that my inpig coworker never tries to draw attention to herself or her inpig state, is super pleasant, spends her entire shift working hard, doesn't make excuses, and doesn't subject her colleagues to endless blathering about all things loaf-related. (Some of our female coworkers who are friends with her talk about it constantly, but she kind of laughs and goes back to working, so I won't hold it against her.)

catharsist
Anyway, I need some help or some techniques on disguising my disgust.

Don't. winking smiley
August 20, 2014
I would just ignore anything she says that is baby related. If she is talking about her pregnancy to a group, just say hello to the group and walk on by. If she comes up to you and starts babbling on about baby, you can respond by telling her that you need to finish, complete, start these work tasks and don't have time for chit chat right now.

I deal with this shit non-stop at work. When the moos bring in their newly baked loaves to work to attention whore, I say hello to the moo, look straight at her, and walk by. I never, ever acknowledge the loaf. When they start the baby talk, I find an excuse to leave the area, or I just ignore it if I cannot get away.

If you show your disgust, then it will bring you trouble. I speak from experience on this. Do your best to ignore it, disengage from the baby gossipers, and you'll be fine. Pregnancy, tit feeding, and all that nastiness is so repulsive to me. I just disengage with a smile, and it works.
August 20, 2014
I'm happy that most of my coworkers are all college kids that care about their future. Her talking about this shit is honestly getting on everyone's nerves especially since compared to the rest of us she's well.. Fucked.. And everyone knows it. If I wanted to see trailer trash bleating about their parasites, I'd watch teen mom.. And I DONT. I would love to be able to just be myself, but that's a no no. If I show too much disgust I'll be in hot water. I think I may actually just go ahead with the whole "change the subject" thing. Although hilariously, the last time I tried that the topic went to weight loss... NOT something fat-ass pregnant chicks want to hear. Lol! She was pissed and I was like: smiling smiley, :eyebrows, doh face OOPS!

That and I feel like whenever I change the subject, it goes straight into shit that only non-pregnant and childfree people can do, such as lose weight, enjoy free time, sleep, go to bars, read a book leisurely, drink, look forward to my last year of college, vacation.. Literally you name it, I can't change the subject without receiving some butthurt comment. I just can't seem to win here! :smn
August 20, 2014
6 weeks? Should be a 2 dimensional black and white that looks like a jalapeno pepper. Think of it that way.
August 20, 2014
This woman would drive me up the wall... at my workplace four people have sprogged since I arrived, and they've all been pretty discreet about it- the three women didn't even announce and just waited until they were far gone enough for people to figure it out! There were certainly no baby scans being passed around and absolutely no discussion of the physical things!

Right now we've got a spate of people getting married- again most people have been pretty discreet, there's just one woman whose wedding is a year away and who has already turned into a bit of a Bridezilla. She's already got the dress and is now going to the Pretend We Give A Shit About Religion classes so she can secure a church wedding even though she's not religious, but even she's pretty bearable. I'm thankful this is all I have to deal with!
August 20, 2014
evilchildlessbitch
6 weeks? Should be a 2 dimensional black and white that looks like a jalapeno pepper. Think of it that way.

I hate to be rude but.. *ahem* dafuq?

Oh WAIT, you mean an ultrasound or something?! LMFAO! spewing water due to laughing
August 20, 2014
Why can't you just be honest? If she waddles over to you waving her loaf-gram, stop her in mid-waddle and tell her you can't handle pregnancy stuff. If you want to be more delicate or avoid a stink, use the word "medical" or "bodily functions" instead of "pregnancy". People have aversions to all sorts of biological things - blood, hospitals, illness - it's perfectly normal. If she insists on waving it in your face after that, she's a cunt. An impolite cunt, at that. Remove yourself from the room - you have every right to avoid things that disturb you and the rude cunts who foist it on you.
August 20, 2014
Have a quiet word with her on the side, and make out like you're looking out for her - tell her the manager's on the,warpath because there's been too much personal chitchat at work and he/she thinks people are getting distracted. Tell her you wouldn't want her to get into any trouble, especially not in her condition grinning smiley
August 20, 2014
I have a real problem with the term 'tokophobic' being used in reference to childfree women. Fear of childbirth might be a genuine issue for women who do want to have kids, but fear is not what I have ever experienced; it's always been a simple and total lack of interest in any of it.

I do find the whole gestating and birthing process to be disgusting, but then again the surgeries I've had have also been pretty gruesome and no one has ever attempted to attach 'phobia' to my reluctance to have them. It's just another way to classify childfreedom as something abnormal that begs a 'cure.' I'm not broken, so there's nothing to fix.
August 20, 2014
Take the picture and introduce it to Mr Shredder.
August 20, 2014
stillwaters
Why can't you just be honest? If she waddles over to you waving her loaf-gram, stop her in mid-waddle and tell her you can't handle pregnancy stuff. If you want to be more delicate or avoid a stink, use the word "medical" or "bodily functions" instead of "pregnancy". People have aversions to all sorts of biological things - blood, hospitals, illness - it's perfectly normal. If she insists on waving it in your face after that, she's a cunt. An impolite cunt, at that. Remove yourself from the room - you have every right to avoid things that disturb you and the rude cunts who foist it on you.
This sounds like a good way to handle the situation. It's true that many people want to discuss their surgical procedures (why, I don't know), but that doesn't mean you have to listen if it bothers you. Same with listening to pregnancy talk. Your co-irker should get the message unless she's really dense.

It takes a child to raze a village.
August 20, 2014
barbur
I have a real problem with the term 'tokophobic' being used in reference to childfree women. Fear of childbirth might be a genuine issue for women who do want to have kids, but fear is not what I have ever experienced; it's always been a simple and total lack of interest in any of it.

I browsed a few tokophobia forums before deciding they weren't for me and coming here instead. The reason being that it isn't pregnancy and birth that I fear, it's the lifetime after that which worries me! I don't see pregnancy as a process which ends in a cute little smiling gurgling baybee (they're not even cute for a start), I see it as one which produces a resentful and distant teenager who then becomes a resentful and distant adult and remains that way for the rest of your life, giving you a world of stress which never really ends even when/if they eventually leave home.

Hell, most of us will have to go through some unpleasant medical procedure at some point when we get old, how is childbirth any scarier than that? The only real difference is that childbirth leaves you with the responsibility of caring for a human for at least half of your life, at worst growing old and childfree will just leave you to die with a few scars at the end of a life well-lived!
August 20, 2014
When she whips out the ultasound whip out a print of this:

not the ultrasound she was thinking

or this

or this pain in the ass

yummynotmummy
Have a quiet word with her on the side, and make out like you're looking out for her - tell her the manager's on the,warpath because there's been too much personal chitchat at work and he/she thinks people are getting distracted. Tell her you wouldn't want her to get into any trouble, especially not in her condition grinning smiley

This right here.

You're an excellent strategist Yummy! Downright Machiavellian devil with smile
August 20, 2014
I quite frankly am tokophobic by definition, but I use it in the sense of a preference such as homophobia or any other disgust-phobia. I seriously feel Ill talking about shit like that. I just want to take the bus home the moment she opens her mouth. Also, I have been brutally honest and even downright bitchy at her total lack of any knowledge on pregnancy or childbirth anything. She as a whole disgusts me because she's just so damn stupid and BREEDING. Seriously, she told me that epidurals cause Down syndrome... I shit you not. See, I know a ton about this shit because I RESEARCHED it.

I am disgusted by pregnancy because I know too much about it and after you see something for what it is (a massive, maiming, parasitic infection) it's hard to unsee. That's why I hate it when moos are like, "it's wrong to think pregnancy is gross" and I'm like YOU MADE ME THIS WAY. They're the ones who over share and let their big trashy gut flop out whenever they feel even the slightest bit special. Seriously, it's because of my knowledge, plus my being around brood sows that has combined to make me the person I am today (on this topic).

And still waters, I'm thinking about just going ahead and being honest. It will save me a bunch of headache in the long run when another stupid cunt gets knocked up. I'll probably use the term "bodily functions" because it sounds more apt. I just need to disguise my disgust while doing it. Wish me luck because I have to work with this cunt tomorrow and I have no clue if she is one of those EVERYBODY MUST SEE MY SPAWN assholes.

Thom c: lol! How in the hell do people think that putting bottles into butts is a good idea? Lol!
August 20, 2014
thom_c, thanks for giving me the "I wants" because that beer thing looks fucking awesome. I am a huge beer lover. :beer
August 21, 2014
screaming sausage
[I don't see pregnancy as a process which ends in a cute little smiling gurgling baybee (they're not even cute for a start), I see it as one which produces a resentful and distant teenager who then becomes a resentful and distant adult and remains that way for the rest of your life, giving you a world of stress which never really ends even when/if they eventually leave home.

Many women (like my mother) really only want babies. They're completely unprepared to have adolescents or teens or adults with minds, wills, and lives of their own. Mom didn't know what to do with kids who were so different in temperament from hers, and she never managed to make the connection that her disillusionment was the reason we were those distant adults. There certainly weren't that many positives I observed in her parenting experience, and definitely not enough that I ever imagined it would be even remotely worth it.
August 21, 2014
barbur
screaming sausage
[I don't see pregnancy as a process which ends in a cute little smiling gurgling baybee (they're not even cute for a start), I see it as one which produces a resentful and distant teenager who then becomes a resentful and distant adult and remains that way for the rest of your life, giving you a world of stress which never really ends even when/if they eventually leave home.

Many women (like my mother) really only want babies. They're completely unprepared to have adolescents or teens or adults with minds, wills, and lives of their own. Mom didn't know what to do with kids who were so different in temperament from hers, and she never managed to make the connection that her disillusionment was the reason we were those distant adults. There certainly weren't that many positives I observed in her parenting experience, and definitely not enough that I ever imagined it would be even remotely worth it.

See, this is why I almost feel sorry for moomoo. She was going on and on about how she'll do okay with the baby because she worked in a daycare.. I'm thinking sure, if you like that sortof thing, but have you ever worked in a penitentiary? Juvi? A public high school? But that's where it ends, I can't be sorry for someone who was dumb enough to breed too early without understanding the realities of the world.
August 21, 2014
The thing I really don't get about this is the fact that teenmoo-to-be seems to find it perfect alright to discuss gynaecology in the workplace- I don't loudly discuss my smear tests, contraception and menstrual cycle at work, and even the parents here kept quiet about all the medical stuff when they were sprogging- does she not even realise how impolite it is???

catharsist
I quite frankly am tokophobic by definition, but I use it in the sense of a preference such as homophobia or any other disgust-phobia. I seriously feel Ill talking about shit like that... I am disgusted by pregnancy because I know too much about it and after you see something for what it is (a massive, maiming, parasitic infection)

Tokophobia is completely the wrong word for it- a phobia is an irrational fear of something harmless (gay people, clowns, spiders etc), while 'tokophobia' is a perfectly rational fear of a biological process where the possible complications include DEATH, not to mention the rest of the whole horrible pregnancy package for those who manage to survive sprogging.

Even people who really want to spawn can suffer from tokophobia and moos-to-be will usually feel at least a bit apprehensive, calling this a "phobia" like it's a silly irrational thing belittles women and is just another example of propaganda used by the pro-natalists to try as push as many women as possible into spawning.

The really irrational people are the moos who fear spawning because they have a condition which makes spawning a risk, or they have something like bipolar disorder or cystic fibrosis managed with drugs which they'll have to come off for nine months, or they had PPD, pre-eclampsia or haemorrhaging with their first sprog and run the risk of having it again... and who then decide to "conquer their fears" and do it anyway. The baybee isn't going to survive if the moo doesn't, and it isn't "selfish" to accept this!
August 21, 2014
screaming sausage
The thing I really don't get about this is the fact that teenmoo-to-be seems to find it perfect alright to discuss gynaecology in the workplace- I don't loudly discuss my smear tests, contraception and menstrual cycle at work, and even the parents here kept quiet about all the medical stuff when they were sprogging- does she not even realise how impolite it is???

catharsist
I quite frankly am tokophobic by definition, but I use it in the sense of a preference such as homophobia or any other disgust-phobia. I seriously feel Ill talking about shit like that... I am disgusted by pregnancy because I know too much about it and after you see something for what it is (a massive, maiming, parasitic infection)

Tokophobia is completely the wrong word for it- a phobia is an irrational fear of something harmless (gay people, clowns, spiders etc), while 'tokophobia' is a perfectly rational fear of a biological process where the possible complications include DEATH, not to mention the rest of the whole horrible pregnancy package for those who manage to survive sprogging.

Even people who really want to spawn can suffer from tokophobia and moos-to-be will usually feel at least a bit apprehensive, calling this a "phobia" like it's a silly irrational thing belittles women and is just another example of propaganda used by the pro-natalists to try as push as many women as possible into spawning.

The really irrational people are the moos who fear spawning because they have a condition which makes spawning a risk, or they have something like bipolar disorder or cystic fibrosis managed with drugs which they'll have to come off for nine months, or they had PPD, pre-eclampsia or haemorrhaging with their first sprog and run the risk of having it again... and who then decide to "conquer their fears" and do it anyway. The baybee isn't going to survive if the moo doesn't, and it isn't "selfish" to accept this!

I've already covered the topic of tokophobia not really existing. Pregnancy and childbirth are serious medical conditions that no one short of a complete dumbass would willingly undergo when there are alternatives. Not liking it, and even fearing it, is totally rational. I only use the word in public to make it seem like I can't control it so I don't look like a bitch. That I don't know of any other terminology that would properly cover the extreme distaste I have for the process. That's all. Now, the people who are really fucked up are the people who have one, experience the bullshit first hand, and then do it AGAIN.
August 21, 2014
"I am sorry, but I think it's tragic when a teen gets pregnant so young since statistically it's generally nothing but bad things to come for mother AND child. I do wish you the best though", or maybe something along those lines if the Inpig girl continues to press you for a reaction. Perhaps if she thinks you feel sorrow for her rather than joy she might be less likely to keep pestering you. That, and if she's the type who enjoys bothering people because she thinks they are jealous or whatever, that comment should lay that assumption to rest. It also bursts that Moo Wanna Be bubble because it forces her to realize no one is buying into her immature giddiness. I mean, think about it. WHAT GOOD ever comes from a teen inpigness, other than a handful of rare success stories, but even those are rife with struggles and heart ache.thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login