Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Great Reason for CF Flights--Plane Diverted Over Chyld Custody Battle

Posted by MerlynHerne 
Her's another great reason to have CF flights. A whole damn flight diverted over a kyd custody battle. But of course, CF are the selfish ones.

United Airlines Flight Diverted Over Custody Battle

"The pilot came on board and said we were experiencing mechanical problems," Bailey said. "After they left, the pilot came back on and said that he deliberately mislead us, he thought that, in his judgment that it was the best thing to do, given the circumstances of potential abduction that that's the reason we had diverted."

So the pilot felt it was better to mislead the entire flight into thinking that there were mechanical problems rather than...what, exactly? What did he think this woman would do if she knew that they'd been alerted about her? She was on a fucking plane, she wasn't going anywhere.

If I were one of the passengers, I'd be pissed off both by the diversion, and the completely unnecessary stress from being lied to about mechanical problems.
alana

So the pilot felt it was better to mislead the entire flight into thinking that there were mechanical problems rather than...what, exactly? What did he think this woman would do if she knew that they'd been alerted about her? She was on a fucking plane, she wasn't going anywhere.

If I were one of the passengers, I'd be pissed off both by the diversion, and the completely unnecessary stress from being lied to about mechanical problems.

QFT*

Why wouldn't the pilot just say they had to be diverted for legal reasons they couldn't go into detail about? It's way more honest than stressing people out over possible mechanical failures.

* = Quoted For Truth
I would be PISSED if that happened to me. I just can't believe how unnecessarily burdensome parents can be in almost every situation. I couldn't imagine my life inconveniencing others in such a manner. I would simply die if I caused and entire plane to TURN AROUND just because I had a personal issue.
All this because two people should have fucked each other with birth control and moved on, instead of birthing a brat and dragging other people through their drama.
bell_flower
All this because two people should have fucked each other with birth control and moved on, instead of birthing a brat and dragging other people through their drama.

Correct. How many business deals were delayed, or worse, failed to materialize at all because this flight was diverted? I have to travel for work a couple of times per year and I would be pissed beyond belief if this kind of nonsense is what stopped me from getting a project completed.
So this cost 178 people 5+ hours of their time? (Not including however much time they spent rebooking, waiting for another flight, re-boarding, etc.) Say that, conservatively, 8 hours were wasted for this. 8 hours x 178 people (which obviously excludes flight crew and employees on the ground) = 1424 hours wasted. the world 'fail' on flames

They shouldn't have turned around. They could have detained the woman and kyd as soon as they got off the plane instead of hugely disrupting the other 178 passengers' schedules. What about the people on board who may have been traveling on business and missed meetings for this? Or the people who just, you know, don't like to have their time wasted?

Fuck those breeders. They should have to pay for all those people's flights.
rudeawakening

They shouldn't have turned around. They could have detained the woman and kyd as soon as they got off the plane instead of hugely disrupting the other 178 passengers' schedules. What about the people on board who may have been traveling on business and missed meetings for this? Or the people who just, you know, don't like to have their time wasted?

Fuck those breeders. They should have to pay for all those people's flights.

And by the way, when you leave for a business trip it's pretty much understood that you have "x" amount of time to get there, get done what you need to get done, and get back and back into your regular routine. Business travelers don't have a lot of "free time" built into their trips, generally speaking.
I have a few opinions about the whole incident that lies outside the scope of childfree topics so those will be spared.

But I do agree that we need childfree flights - no kids at all on board as they cause the most trouble on airplanes.
I can't travel, and considering the horror stories I hear on a regular basis, I am beginning to consider myself fortunate.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I haven't traveled by airplane since 2003, the longest stretch (11 years) of my life (including my childhood) without having flown. And with everything I see and hear about flying in the last 11 years, especially from NYC's delay-ridden airports, I don't give a shit if I never fly again.
Re: Another Great Reason for CF Flights--Plane Diverted Over Chyld Custody Battle
September 08, 2014
When Crippen murdered his wife they managed to send a telegram to have police waiting to arrest him when the ship arrived, they didn't send someone out to turn the ship around. You'd think with a significantly less serious crime and instant communications they could have dealt with it at the destination with minimum inconvience to the other passengers.

The fact that they lied about it proves that they knew damn well people were going to be pissed off about it, so they figured they'd rather have them frightened...I hope the airline gets sued for handling it this way.
Oh my dog! I would have been FURIOUS, had I been on that flight! Why can't these idiots sort out their problems without it affecting so many people around them? And why is it such a big deal if one parent takes the kyd with them? I mean, come on, they decided to divorce, and now duh can't live without the kyd or what? Pathetic!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login