Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shitting loaf turns moo into ugly troll (Prudie)

Posted by aliceblue 
Shitting loaf turns moo into ugly troll (Prudie)
September 11, 2014
Moos hates how she looks post-loaf. Sounds like she has more body issues than just her loaf-ravaged parts, but all the more reason not to add to one's distress with loafing.

LINK

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2014/09/dear_prudence_after_having_a_child_i_m_no_longer_beautiful.html
Re: Shitting loaf turns moo into ugly troll (Prudie)
September 11, 2014
It sounds as if this woman could be suffering with BDD.

Telling her to get cosmetic surgery will NOT fix the problem.

She needs psychological help, and maybe antidepressants to help her worry about her appearance less.
September 11, 2014

A couple of years ago I worked very hard and lost 40 pounds through moderate exercise and religiously counting calories. But I was miserably hungry most of the time and my body shape was just a smaller version of the disgusting new apple-shaped me. Within a few months of coming off the diet I gained all of the weight back.

If she gained all the weight back - she has poor eating habits.

Healthy diet. Exercise. And if you have a "bullfrog neck" you might want to get your thyroid checked.

I read something once a long time ago - that pregnancy changes the metabolism. Another reason to avoid it. But, if this woman lost weight once - clearly she *can*. She will just have to work harder and adjust her eating habits. Miserably hungry most of the time? You're eating the wrong foods. You need more fruits and veges. She's probably shoveling in the chicken nuggets and mac n cheese because that's what the kid wants.

Call me cynical but after Prudie's last BS thing we picked apart here - I'm beginning to suspect that alot of her letters are fake. Notice that the Unhappy Moo here talks of stomach, neck, and nose - three very common areas for plastic surgery. She even uses the word panniculus.

I would think the average person would use something else - fat flap maybe. I have to wonder why also - Prudie didn't tell her what I said - because clearly she *did* lose weight once. Instead - she launches right into plastic surgery and mentions her own eye bags. I think she wanted to talk about plastic surgery and contrived this 'letter'. You'd think she'd mention healthy eating (esp. "for the whole family! set an example! for kiddie!) and BDD. But no - she goes right into discussing plastic surgery. Even mentions Joan Rivers. I will bet she was cooking up a plastic surgery lecture since Rivers passed and concocted this letter to discuss it.

I will bet also that eventually she DOES get her eye bags done too.

Edited to fix typos, while I went and checked the link for the spelling of panniculus - I thought I'd watch the vid there to see just how saggy and baggy Prudie looks. Yeah, the eyes, she's got a big enough nose too, I can't quite tell how saggy her neck is. Looks a bit saggy. What stuck out at me though - her non existent speaking skills. Too forced at stilted. I'm a Shakespearian Actor in comparison. Erg. Hire a communications coach Prudie, or stick to writing. (In this vid she advises the questioner looking to elderly neighbors to babysit to start up a neighborhood listserv. smile rolling left righteyes2 They ain't gonna know what the fuck that is, and it's just advising them to hide behind something. Walk up to their doors and *ask them*. Communications coach Prudie, seriously.)
September 11, 2014
mumofsixbirds
It sounds as if this woman could be suffering with BDD.

Telling her to get cosmetic surgery will NOT fix the problem.

She needs psychological help, and maybe antidepressants to help her worry about her appearance less.
That's what I was thinking, too. If the problem is how the writer sees herself, it's not something surgery will fix. And if she actually lost the weight before, why can't she do it again? But yeah, Prudie swings and misses with her advice (again).

It takes a child to raze a village.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login