Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder whines about being reported for neglect Moooooo!

Posted by bunny 
Breeder whines about being reported for neglect Moooooo!
September 18, 2014
I have not seen this posted here yet:

http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/15/child-services-to-mom-who-did-nothing-wr

Basically moo allows Bbatliegh to wander around unattended, a kind stranger returns bratliegh home safe, moo doesn't get that she shouldn't allow her spawn to be free-range so stranger rightly reports her to CPS. Moo lows "Why is this happening to me???"

It was posted in a CF FB group, but the overall tone was "How sad." I think this should happen more often.

1. The media neglected to mention what bratliegh was up to that made the stranger take action. I seriously doubt he was sitting innocently, twiddling his thumbs.
2. I don't care who you are, if your 6yo spawn in unattended, you want it gone. 6yo brats should not be out and about unattended.
3. The whole thing paints this moo as innocent of any wrongdoing because she "did nothing"... This floors me. Since when is doing nothing to care for your chyld is a good thing?

I'm just disgusted by the response.
Re: Breeder whines about being reported for neglect Moooooo!
September 18, 2014
I read this article from the other perspective...some kid went to play at the park near their house, like ALL my peers did when we were kyds, and some busybody got into the "omg kids can't be alone for two seconds and you must be with it always" mollycoddle line of thought.

This kind of thing, in my opinion, is part of why today's kids are 12 going on 7. Also, it feeds into the "if you're a woman, you can't work or have hobbies or a social life because omg if bratley is left to her own devices and plays outside while you have a life, you are neglectful!" anti-woman philosophy...sort of like how the attachment parenting push seems to be about getting women back in the kitchen.

Just my take.
September 19, 2014
thundergirl85
I read this article from the other perspective...some kid went to play at the park near their house, like ALL my peers did when we were kyds, and some busybody got into the "omg kids can't be alone for two seconds and you must be with it always" mollycoddle line of thought.

This kind of thing, in my opinion, is part of why today's kids are 12 going on 7. Also, it feeds into the "if you're a woman, you can't work or have hobbies or a social life because omg if bratley is left to her own devices and plays outside while you have a life, you are neglectful!" anti-woman philosophy...sort of like how the attachment parenting push seems to be about getting women back in the kitchen.

Just my take.

Children aren't NEARLY as unable to take care for themselves as society make them out to be, and no, life today IS.NOT. more dangerous than in the '80. If anything it is LESS so -numbers of crimes are way down-.

A kid of 9 or 10 can full well stay in the house alone. A child can go at the park alone if it is close by.Even a 6yo if it is with other friends -which likely include older children- and in a known enviroment.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
September 19, 2014
Good to see CPS doing its job. WHAT THE FUCK did Mootard think was going to happen if she neglected her sprog like that? What was the stranger supposed to do? Ignore it? Don't neglect your kyd like that and there won't be a problem. You know--like Will Smith says in Men In Black: "Don't START nothin', won't BE nothin' ". spanking with a whip on the ass
September 19, 2014
Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
September 20, 2014
I agree with Thundergirl. I don't get why a kid can't go outside to play on his own street, during the day, with his house nearby. Doesn't CYS have more serious matters than this to investigate? Every day in the news we hear stories of horrible abuse and neglect, and come to find out, CYS HAD been called NUMEROUS times, and didn't do anything. Then the kid ends up dead, or beaten, or starved, or all three. Some mother lets her kid out to play on his own street, and CYS makes two or three visits? What a waste of our tax dollars.
September 20, 2014
thundergirl85

Just my take.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. This is just another tripe from the "babies are nature's ball-and-chain!" mentality. This reminds me of a book that I saw at the thrift store forever ago. It was an autobiography all about a BFing woman coming to terms with her new life as a- get ready to puke- "human canteen". AND she was a stay at home mother. I see a connection here, and I'm happy I'm not connected to it.
September 20, 2014
I was a free range kid at age 6. We'd all knock on our friends' doors on Saturday morning and ask them to come out and play. I would wear a bathing suit and walk 30 minutes to the town pool, on a busy street. And I grew up in a busy, crowded suburb. We were never in the house in spring, summer, and fall. Mom left us to our own devices. In my neighborhood, the kids are free range, and nobody is out there, salivating over the thoughts of them.

It won't hurt kids to be free range. If anything, they learn independence. There isn't more crime today, but there IS the internet, where everything is public. There are anti-feminist groups, that would like nothing better than to take away our rights, and put us to work scrubbing, cleaning, cooking and fucking upon demand for a husband, with no bodily autonomy at all.

Fear is about control. Make people afraid that some pervert is around the corner, ready to molest their kids, and you control the parents, who are the majority of society. Notice that childcare falls mainly on women, and all these expectations, and laws today governing kids, DYFS, etc... Look at the stereotype of every man alone as some sort of pedophile. Make society afraid, and you can control them.
September 20, 2014
I think one reason why kids are 12 going on 7 is because of how adults are portrayed...only Mom and Dad are safe adults that you answer to. Everyone else is either a potential molester or a non-entity to be dismissed because only Mom and Dad are in charge of you. And since Mom and Dad can't be everywhere at once, supervising at all times, kids' lives are containerized and dumbed-down.

At age six I didn't free range super-far by myself, but front and back yard, neighbor kids' houses and yards, and the woods near my house were all fine, as long as I told mom where I was going. In company of other kids I was allowed to go further...longer bike rides, playing in the creek and ravine across the street, going to the drug store, walking to/from school, etc. At age nine or ten I was expected to get to and from school by myself, and on weekends I could pretty much ride my bike wherever I wanted, as long as I told my parents where I was headed, and got back at the expected time. That kind of life meant I got experience at planning, watching the time, negotiating with others, making decisions, budgeting my teeny allowance, etc. Kids today SUCK at those skills.

If the six year old was causing problems, then report him to Mom. If he's so far away from home that he can't tell where Mom is, then yeah there's probably a phone call in order.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login