Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm childfree! Until I change my mind.

Posted by writer44 
I'm childfree! Until I change my mind.
September 22, 2014
I thought this was a good piece until the end. If you think you might change your mind, you can't call yourself childfree!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/09/22/millennial-women-do-not-want-kids
Re: I'm childfree! Until I change my mind.
September 22, 2014
How disappointing. It started out well, then went downhill from the last paragraph or so.
September 23, 2014
Well, at least she didn't use the term "childfree" to describe herself.
September 23, 2014
She's definitely a fence-sitter, that one.

I also hate how the word 'selfish' is tossed around to describe anyone who doesn't want to have kyds. How is NOT wanting something selfish? I just don't get it. I don't believe there is anything MORE selfish than forcing a human to exist for your own fulfillment. That, to me, is the ultimate definition of selfishness. Not traveling the world, not having a great career, not wanting to be wise with money.

She will likely go on and breed, and regret her decision.
September 24, 2014
I've been thinking a lot about the word "selfish" lately. I think that selfish is an accurate description of the childfree, but not in the usual sense of the word. In this case, "selfish" is more in line with a strong sense of self. We know who we are and what we want out of life. We're not shifting along aimlessly and become reliant on the idea that somebody else (e.g., a child) will give us meaning and direction. We've done a fair amount of introspection to come to the conclusion that childrearing is not something that would enhance our lives and have enough internal strength to hold ourselves to that, despite the majority of society trying to get us to succumb to pressure through vilifying the CF for things they're not responsible for (e.g., Li'l Sizzler Duh), bingos, snide comments, and unfair employer practices.

*And I literally fell asleep in the middle of making this comment, hah.*

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 24, 2014
Everyone is selfish. If you do what you want to do, you are selfish. Breeders AND CF are selfish. In the same bag. Not because of their choice of breeding or no, but because they are HUMAN. Granted, the breeder's selfishness is being felt on a wide scale and is usually more vulgar than that of a CF person, but there is still selfishness just the same.

Disclosure: when a breeder tells me I'm selfish or I "don't know love", I take on a worldly, sanctimonious air and proudly proclaim that they know nothing of the world, open your eyes and you will see that everyone is selfish, not just I, LOOK AT YOU! And don't even get me started on their lack of knowledge concerning love! Shit, they think there's only ONE KIND! Ain't that a knee slapper?

Two can play that game bitch.
September 24, 2014
I was with her till the end, and now I'm like Ugh, that was stupid. She contradicted her whole point!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 24, 2014
In the strictest sense of the definition, "selfish" means nothing more than being concerned with one's own best interest. Nothing wrong with the word in my opinion, But somewhere down the line it became pejorative and now, I rank it up there with the same mentality of those that say, "Don't be so judgmental" (is there something wrong with being judgmental? Isn't that what humans "do"? Isn't that the purpose of having a higher functioning brain than an animal running on pure instinct? Is it bad that I am judgmental about not having children I can't afford?) and don't forget, "Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes". Ugh. Really, if this was even possible, there'd be some kid in Bum Fuck Egypt with pancreatic cancer and the new iPhone 14 would be on the shelves for giftmas.

Edited for spelling
September 24, 2014
I'm CF until I change my mind?

It's just like the URL - chicago.cbslocal - on TV this is on channel 2. Unless it's on channel 26.

Lardheppus! I think this might mean that Dr. Phil is our new Overlord! :goggle
September 26, 2014
Miss_Hannigan
I was with her till the end, and now I'm like Ugh, that was stupid. She contradicted her whole point!

EXACTLY. I thought that's what made it the worst.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login