Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders at the library

Posted by selidororous 
Breeders at the library
October 04, 2014
This happened to me this morning as I was returning an armful of books to the library and getting some new ones to read. After spending a few minutes in the New Nonfiction section and picking up "Wonder Woman Unbound" by Tim Hanley, I head to the checkout stations. Well, all 3 stations were being occupied so I patiently wait my turn. While I am waiting, I hear a woman's voice to my left, where the Circulation desk is located. She has two small boys with her and the kids are actually very well behaved. The words from this woman's mouth:

"This is inappropriate!" she says rather indignantly to the man behind the circulation desk, as she is waving a book at him.

"This is from the Young Adults department," the man replies. "You might try the Juvenile section." He is looking at a few books the boys selected, one which is about sharks. The boys look about age 5 and 6, not exactly young adults quite yet. Moo had no clue where to find age-appropriate books for her sons even though the departments are very clearly labeled at the library.

What book was the breeder complaining about? Who the fuck knows. Could have been J D Salinger for all I know.
Florida breeders are the dumbest on the planet.
Re: Breeders at the library
October 04, 2014
Cow probably had no inkling what books interest her brats.

I never followed an "age appropriate" guideline as a kid, I read anything laying around that had words. Even "The Happy Hooker," a copy of which I found in my aunt's bathroom, which I later learned was supposed to have been hidden behind the towels. IIRC, I was 12. Didn't understand a lot of what I was reading, but it was fascinating stuff devil with smile

Too much is made of protecting their Precious's sensibilities. The cows seem to have forgotten just how robust, curious, and prurient the minds are of reading age kids.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login