Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Duggars Just Keep Getting Creepier

Posted by gymrat 
The Duggars Just Keep Getting Creepier
October 22, 2014
I wach "19 Kids and Counting" once in awhile because I am morbidly fascinated, and because I am watching for some small, subtle sign of rebellion from one of the minions. Last night, the "creep factor" moved up a notch: Jill and Derek, the engage couple, were moving furniture into their home. The wedding is less than a week away. Derek tried to sit next to Jill on a chaise lounge, and one of the creepy little brothers ran over and sat betwen them. Then he got on camera to say that if he saw them disobeying the courtship rules, he would "report them" to Michelle and JimBob. Well...then what? What happens if a Duggar gets reported? A whipping? A forced Bible reading? So weird...Jill is 23. Why doesn't one of these adult children tell the parents to MTOB?
Re: The Duggars Just Keep Getting Creepier
October 22, 2014
If it's anything like what I dealt with, then they merely get their reputations smeared to anyone who will listen. But when you're not allowed friends outside the group and much of your business is also conducted within the group, this social punishment can be pretty devastating.

Yes mom, you're so right to accuse me, I was inappropriate with boys in third grade. As in, you can't imagine being friends with anyone of the opposite gender, therefore I must have spread my legs for him at age 8. Couldn't possibly have been ...a friend, hanging out like friends do. No way.
Oh, true, you have no friends so you don't know what friends do in the first place.

That rumor followed me through middle school and high school. After high school, she used to confront me about being a "troubled teen". Couldn't be because she was a cunt to me my whole life, no....
Why the hell would I want to be close to someone who had been deliberately sabotaging my reputation my whole life?

They call it "tough love", and it is supposed to make the accused come crawling back begging to get back in their good esteem again.
What it actually is is emotional abuse, and it made me want to distance myself from them forever.
October 22, 2014
gymrat
I wach "19 Kids and Counting" once in awhile because I am morbidly fascinated, and because I am watching for some small, subtle sign of rebellion from one of the minions. Last night, the "creep factor" moved up a notch: Jill and Derek, the engage couple, were moving furniture into their home. The wedding is less than a week away. Derek tried to sit next to Jill on a chaise lounge, and one of the creepy little brothers ran over and sat betwen them. Then he got on camera to say that if he saw them disobeying the courtship rules, he would "report them" to Michelle and JimBob. Well...then what? What happens if a Duggar gets reported? A whipping? A forced Bible reading? So weird...Jill is 23. Why doesn't one of these adult children tell the parents to MTOB?

This grandiose cult litter has incest written all over it.
October 22, 2014
The girls are always insisting that they are all "best friends." Well...yeah. They don't know anyone else!
October 22, 2014
I am thinking that I have not seen any of the Duggar shows in at least 2 years, maybe even longer. Did I miss anything at all? Doubtful. drinking coffee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login