Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just something I noticed about weekends away...

Posted by randomcfchick 
Just something I noticed about weekends away...
November 01, 2014
So this weekend Mr. Random's been out of town with a friend.

Every now and then, one of us will do that. We also take vacations together, too.

And I never think twice about being left with "everything", because for us it's no big. We each do our own laundry, and a weekend isn't enough for his chores to get really out of hand if left undone. When he's away I get the whole bed to myself, hang out with friends, and so on. I never really think much about it.

Last weekend, though, someone I know on FB posted about how hectic and out-of-whack her childed life was without her husband. He went away for a weekend, and she was left tending to both kids on her own. She managed fine, but what she said about how she managed leaves me with the impression that she does a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to kids in the first place. Funny how relationships can seem very egalitarian from the outside, but add a couple of small kids and things get tipped pretty badly sometimes. And often not in the woman's favor. I am seeing more and more signs of subtle sexism and manipulation in their relationship. Probably not worth saying something, though.

I am so glad that my spouse and I can go have adventures without feeling like we're shitting all over the other person for it.
Re: Just something I noticed about weekends away...
November 01, 2014
Looking after the kids herself for a weekend couldn't be much different from full days she watches them whilst her husband is at his job and when he comes home, everything for the kids is done and they're in bed.
Re: Just something I noticed about weekends away...
November 02, 2014
Actually, they both work outside the home. But she does get stuck with more of the work.

But when he's away for a weekend it throws a spotlight on that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login