Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Election Results

Posted by louiedalump 
Election Results
November 05, 2014
The Republicans won. This probably means that any form of women's rights is doomed.
Re: Election Results
November 05, 2014
louiedalump
The Republicans won. This probably means that any form of women's rights is doomed.

We had Dems in there for some time now and women's rights were discarded at a very fast pace. Maybe this will be a lesson to Democrats to start actually fighting for women's rights, unlike how they did for the last few years. Maybe now, Dems will have to do something to be noticed and they still can make a difference even if they are a minority. Sometimes, when people are in the office for too long, they stop working. They now actually HAVE to do some real work to be able to get back in.
November 05, 2014
Well, there is one bright spot, PA got rid of Corbett. NO ONE liked Corbett.

At first, I thought Corbett might win after all because Tom Wolf is ugly.
November 06, 2014
True dat. The Dems have been pretty ineffective with regard to preserving rights. One thing pointed out in an op-ed piece is how quickly the Dems cut the President loose and distanced themselves. This may have been a bigger tactical error than they thought.

I wound up agreeing with Boner Oompa Loompa....this is the time to get to work and prove yourselves rather than celebrate a victory...he is the only one who sees the ramifications in 2016 if they screw the pooch. And they will because their hatred for the President will override any semblance of common sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
November 06, 2014
Corbett might be gone, but Colorado elected this moron:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/meet-dr-chaps-gordon-klingenschmitt-colorados-new-anti-gay-demon-hunting-state-legislator

They elected a fundie exorcist who is also racist, homophobic, intolerant and probably misogynistic to boot. The good news? Ths asshat stays in the Colorado state government.

What is happening to this country??
November 06, 2014
I was reading a thread preelection and one of the rubes in this state commented that Obama was evil and brought ebola here on purpose to kill off all the good Christians so Muslims can take over.

First I looked for a link to the Onion. Then I double facepalmed and thought "fuck, America is imploding."

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login