Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We really need kid-free shopping times in supermarkets

Posted by yummynotmummy 
We really need kid-free shopping times in supermarkets
November 03, 2014
I fucking hate going to the supermarket after work. Every bloody pahrunt seems to go there, dragging their hungry, tired and cranky brats there with them after daycare/school, whatever, and it is just HELL. Kyds running round in the aisles, screaming, that horrible high-pitched kyd-sound, toddler meltdowns, hysterical baybees, and zombie-faced moos and duhs pushing trolleys trying to zone out the noise their horrendous brats are making, and generally not bothering to do anything about marauding spawn. I had one run straight into my basket, it fell down and started screaming. I stepped over it and went on with my shop, I have zero sympathy with out of control brats running around on slippery shop floors, and even less sympathy with their handlers who bring them to do the weekly shop at a time when it is at its busiest, noisiest, and most hectic - i.e. the most inappropriate time for small children.

There is nothing more guaranteed to put me in a bad mood than being followed around by the ear-piercing shrieks of hellbrats after a long day. Not only do we need to start having kid-free cafes, bars, and restaurants, we also need kid-free shopping zones. Whenever I complain about this, people say to me go late at night, but even at 10pm, I have seen fuckwit parents dragging kids round the aisles. Plus, all the marked-down bargains have gone by then!
Re: We really need kid-free shopping times in supermarkets
November 03, 2014
I usually go shopping for food after 10pm - if there are any people there, they usually don't step over each other. Most kyds are in bed by then so no issues there. I love 24 hour places grinning smiley
November 03, 2014
Ugh, I feel your pain. :drkbddy I've found that late evening on a weekday is usually the best time to go, but you're right, it really defeats the purpose if breeders drag their crabby kyds out past their bedtime.

I was at Target on Saturday evening (bad idea, I know). There a number of shrieking brats, but the absolute worst was one toadler that was screaming bloody murder; I felt like it was screaming right in my ear even though it was at least several meters away. And the moo kept trying to talk to it, EXTREMELY LOUDLY, to placate it, saying shit like, "Do we need a new vacuum? I don't think we need a new vacuum today. We're shopping; isn't shopping FUN, snotley?" and I just wanted to walk up to them and tell her to STFU because it was obviously just making it worse! :complaining about a brat

I saw the same assholes when I was checking out. They were 2 lanes over from me and the kyd was still shrieking its head off; and then I saw that moo also had a hideous, patchy-haired, freshly-shat loaf strapped to her chest in one of those ridiculous carriers. So she's got two hellions. eye rolling smiley She wasn't far behind me as I was walking out to my car (kyd still screaming) and I could still hear the damn kyd after I got in my car, shut the door, and turned the engine on; that's how fucking loud it was. I wanted to run their asses over but I settled for giving moomy a dirty look which she didn't see because she was distracted.
November 03, 2014
I normally wake up at 3:15 to make it to work at 5, so I naturally wake up early on the weekends too. I'm usually at the grocery store when they open their doors at 7am. No sprogs or moos to be seen - just regular, sane, quiet people trying to avoid the chaos that comes later in the day. I wish the store near me opened earlier - moos and sprogs generally come oozing out of the woodwork by 8 or so.
November 03, 2014
Breeders will say we should shop at some obscenely late hour, as if we don't have jobs, but here's the rub: I go to 24hr. stores at 2AM sometimes and there will still be breeders dragging young children, toddlers, and babies along. And of course they're upset because it's 2AM and they're not in a nice, dark, quiet room in a comfy bed asleep, but in a overbright noisy giant store.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 03, 2014
Shops here are only open until 8, and aren't open every day of the week. I have yet to find a good time to shop. I just try to plan my weekly meals around one shopping trip per week, because I know grocery shopping will make me extremely irritable.
November 03, 2014
I really wish there were designated CF times/places. Almost all places make accommodations for children, but nearly none do for those who want to avoid children.

I'm in college. I'm at dinner right now and there was a crying toadler with its famblee here who just left not 45 seconds ago. I don't know what business they have being here but loaves do NOT belong on college campuses.

Ugh, sorry, I'm crabby today. /end threadjack
November 03, 2014
Here is my opinion working on front lines in retail. Don't bother from 10AM-7PM. This is my busiest shift. The peak busy period is from 11AM to 6PM. I would try to go shopping in the hours from 8PM to 8AM.
November 03, 2014
yurble
Shops here are only open until 8, and aren't open every day of the week. I have yet to find a good time to shop. I just try to plan my weekly meals around one shopping trip per week, because I know grocery shopping will make me extremely irritable.

Some places are like that. I have been to a few and what I ended up doing was go during the times when it is generally not busy. For example, at 9am on a Tuesday. Even if there are people who are a nuisance, there at least would not be as many of them. One place that I have been to, their grocery stores had like a 1 hour break during the day - going in right after the break would mean it would be packed.
November 04, 2014
As an early retiree (and for several years before that, I worked part-time), I am able to go shopping during the late morning on weekdays when there is (a) light traffic, (b) easy parking, (c) stores, particularly supermarkets, are well-staffed (many checkout lanes), and (d) few people in the stores including kids.

When I worked full-time, I had to do most of my shopping on evenings and weekends. In the evening, the supermarkets were not usually very crowded but there were few checkout lines, the deli department was closed, and the selection of meats was small because the meat department was closed. Other stores such as those in shopping malls, were already closed. On weekends, there were big crowds. I rarely shop in those times any more. Having kids around was the least of my problems back then.
November 04, 2014
I had this happen to me yesterday. I normally know what times are good to go but I made a mistake last night. 10 minute in and out job turned into something more. It was mobbed, first there were senior citizens everywhere, mostly older couples shopping together, walking slow and blocking the aisles with their shopping carts. That's ok, I can navigate around them. Then there were the breeder shopping brigades to deal with.

I could almost block out the shreiking babies and kids running all over the place, but what really pissed me off was a duh with a kid sitting in a shopping cart. I was coming around the corner and he was coming around it the othe way. The duh actually said "BEEP! BEEP!" to me, so basically he told me to GTFO his way as if he was talking to his kid. If I wasn't in such a rush to get the hell out of the store I would have lit his ignorant ass up.
November 04, 2014
Any store near you have this Vons Online Grocery Shop online and we'll deliver groceries right to your door.

I'm amazed this isn't used more often.

Techie
I usually go shopping for food after 10pm - if there are any people there, they usually don't step over each other. Most kyds are in bed by then so no issues there. I love 24 hour places grinning smiley

I go at 8am, before the Cows with nannies get out of bed, or those without are getting brats ready for school. The home-schooling cows apparently sleep in too.

I use the first patient in the door rule for doctor's appointments too, to beat the snot nosed shits and their cows too. Generally I only see them as I'm waltzing out the door.

I admit being on disability gives me advantages on Cow dodging over those who must work, but please don't envy me, my assbergers make snotlings and their neglectful handlers painful, not just annoying.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 05, 2014
I WISH they had brat-free shopping times. I really do. When we lived in AZ, the one thing nice about Basha's supermarket was that they had a brat corral and that kept the crap to a dull roar. Now, in CO, we have breeders with brats at 3 in the morning when we do the monthly shopping. I mean, screaming brats in the middle of the night because their handlers HAVE to go out at that hour. It's gotten so that there is NO good time to go shopping, NO TIME that you can avoid the breeder/brat bullshit.
November 05, 2014
MerlynHerne
I WISH they had brat-free shopping times. I really do. When we lived in AZ, the one thing nice about Basha's supermarket was that they had a brat corral and that kept the crap to a dull roar. Now, in CO, we have breeders with brats at 3 in the morning when we do the monthly shopping. I mean, screaming brats in the middle of the night because their handlers HAVE to go out at that hour. It's gotten so that there is NO good time to go shopping, NO TIME that you can avoid the breeder/brat bullshit.

I don't know what part of CO you live in, but if you guys have something like Sprouts, Trader Joes or some other smaller grocers, those have fewer unruly childryns. And, on Monday and Tueday nights, Costco is actually relatively empty - smooth sailing.
November 05, 2014
I wish there wer CF stores where no one under 21 was allowed. It would be so awesome but you know the cow brigade would low about it.
November 05, 2014
addiea raine
I wish there wer CF stores where no one under 21 was allowed. It would be so awesome but you know the cow brigade would low about it.

In some states, back in early 1990's, places that sold booze, they did not allow anyone under 21 in there. Used to piss me off because I could not buy my Doritos there smiling smiley
November 05, 2014
Techie
MerlynHerne

I don't know what part of CO you live in, but if you guys have something like Sprouts, Trader Joes or some other smaller grocers, those have fewer unruly childryns. And, on Monday and Tueday nights, Costco is actually relatively empty - smooth sailing.

We live in Pueblo. Nuff said, yes? This place is a shithole.
November 05, 2014
MerlynHerne
Techie
MerlynHerne

Not as bad as Cañon City grinning smiley
November 05, 2014
I would LOVE childfree shopping hours. Hell, even over-16 hours would work. Older teens aren't a problem in the store, I've found.

I tend to shop on weekdays before 8 or 9 AM, when the parents are still busy taking kids to school, and the ones without school-age kids may have been up since 5, but still haven't gotten out the door. The other good time slot seems to be late evening, but there tend to be more kiddies then for some reason. Seriously, it's 11 at night. Go put that poor kid to bed, he clearly seems overtired.
November 05, 2014
MerlynHerne

Come to think about it, at the very least you don't live around Phokus On The Fam-billy. Nuff said. LOL grinning smiley
November 05, 2014
Techie
MerlynHerne

Come to think about it, at the very least you don't live around Phokus On The Fam-billy. Nuff said. LOL grinning smiley

Grew up in CO. So I can honestly say, "I'm sorry" to both of you. But yeah, MerlynHerne...could be worse. Could be the Springs.
November 06, 2014
Techie
MerlynHerne

Where I live it is the land of the Christian Nut Hut.

Charismatic Christians and Republicans were chearing the Republican victory in the pool at the YMCA today.

doh face

And the Christians, every last one is pro life from the little egg on.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 06, 2014
craftyzits
And the Christians, every last one is pro life from the little egg on.

From what I have been seeing, that has been changing. At the very least some of the priests are starting to be quiet about being anti-choice. I also know that church memberships are dropping too. Many church goers live together without being married.

Hopefully it is not just a local fluke.
November 06, 2014
A grocery store chain in my area is offering FIELD TRIPS for kids!

http://www.fieldtripfactory.com/Program?event=178&banner=1004

In a way, it's a good idea. The kids can learn about nutrition and it's advertising for the store. Yet another thing to be on the lookout for! I'd guess they'd be there mid day when they'd normally be in school.

On the other side of the coin - isn't this type of stuff really the PARENT'S responsibility? What the old timers called 'home training'? And I'm sure their parents drag them through enough of stores AS IS.

Instead of 'child free' - this is the inverse - encouragement to drag MORE of them in there! YIKES!

And "Field trips create memories that last a lifetime" ? Really? A field trip to a grocery store? smile rolling left righteyes2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login