Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Working Moos plea to the President :rolleyes2

Posted by aliceblue 
A Working Moos plea to the President :rolleyes2
November 06, 2014
Anyone recall the moo who oopsed her husband into having a 4th child he didn't want because she "knew" that their family was incomplete and babby was needed to fill this "emptiness."? two faces pukingLINK

Well sheees baaaack. This time it is with a woe-is-moo pity party article about having to go back to working after shitting loaf4. :bawl I wouldn't mind it so much if she just made an argument for paid maternity leave of some sort. However it is more about her aching hear and how the mean world keeps her from watching first steps and kissing boo boos. :Violin She further makes it a whine fest when she boo hoos about how her toadlers start sniveling each day when she leaves them and how she has to pry their sticky little tentacles off her neck to get away.
Tomorrow, I will wipe away tears, pull toddlers off of my legs, unclench tiny, little fingers from around my neck and pass over a very new baby. I will not be able to kiss boo boo's that happen throughout the day. I will not be able to lay the babies down for their naps. I will not be able to feed my newborn when she cries for me.

Once again, I will have to try to pretend Mommy isn't hurting or an emotional wreck inside and make my best attempt to put on a brave face for the sake of my babies. But knowing myself, no matter how courageous I strive to be, undoubtedly, tears will stream down my face. My children will see the pain in my eyes. Despite my best efforts and complete preparation, tomorrow morning will be terrible.smile rolling left righteyes2:Violin:BS

Sorry bitch, but WTF does that have to do with maternity leave --- unless you think it should go on for 3 or 4 years??? the world 'fail' on flames A good number of people in the comments think she's a selfish ass but too many are all "it's a moo thing" or "As a moo, I understand) Turn them all into hamburger if you ask me. LINK2
Re: A Working Moos plea to the President :rolleyes2
November 06, 2014
Read both articles. She has a lot of God shit in her writing. What a surprise. Also, I thought most public school teacher get paid maternity leave. Even at my job you get paid maternity leave.

She's gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
November 06, 2014
What a selfish cow, baking the 4th loaf regardless of what hubs wants. :cen

capcha: 773vd

LOL
November 06, 2014
jmc
Read both articles. She has a lot of God shit in her writing. What a surprise. Also, I thought most public school teacher get paid maternity leave. Even at my job you get paid maternity leave.

She's gross.

And she probably voted as right as she possibly could, even though it the most -liberal- countries that generally allow longer mooternity leave and better options for childcare.
November 06, 2014
We don't get paid maternity leave as teachers (USA). Where I teach, maternity leave is unpaid, up to 6 months or 1 year, if tenured. I'm not sure about the length of time, I never needed mooternity vacation. drinking coffee
If you go on mooterntiy leave, you have to use the district's disability insurance. After one cycle on disability (3 months), the district cuts your health benefits and you go on cobra. Most teachers here come back from moo vacation within 3 months.

That being said, what is she doing cooking 4 kids?? She is a moron. 4 kids costs a lot of money. It's unfair to push all the financial responsibilities of 4 kids onto the duh. She chose to have them so she needs to work to support them.

It's the old story, don't breed whatcha can't feed.
November 06, 2014
stillwaters
jmc

She's gross.

And she probably voted as right as she possibly could, even though it the most -liberal- countries that generally allow longer mooternity leave and better options for childcare.

A school teacher voting right? A guess possible but not all that likely. With that said, people on the extreme left breed too, maybe not as much or as often, but they do breed and get some heavy duty breeder pleasing.
November 06, 2014
HuffPost
Today, I can't thank God enough for tuning me in to my maternal instincts, because without a doubt, I knew there was one more child to come... someday.

Raging hormonal nutcase. This is the same thing as a horny 20's male not being able to think about anything but sex. Our society at least attempts to educate men, they don't seem to want to educate women like this one to control her breeding rage. I feel bad for the husband.

HuffPost
How dare he feel this way?

Basically, how dare was he to challenge your desire to breed. Wow, woman, you are messed up!

HuffPost
That is one of the reasons I married him, because I knew how much family meant to him and what kind of parent he would be.

So, you only married him based on what YOU were going to get out of the relationship. Lady, marriage rate is at all time low and YOU are one of many reasons.
November 06, 2014
I like the response that went something like:

Dear Moo, Sorry to hear about your problems but you people just voted in a bunch of republicans. Good luck with that!
November 06, 2014
JoJo

Dear Moo, Sorry to hear about your problems but you people just voted in a bunch of republicans. Good luck with that!

Elected officials and entitled mommies are inconsequential when it comes to the power of economics, productivity, and simple math.

Business exists to make a profit. For every hour of maternity leave, an hour must be made up in profit or productivity, somehow.

This could mean hiring additional personnel, reducing wages and compensation of other workers, or shifting the monetary burden onto consumers and taxpayers.

Here's the reality, in terms of pure generalities:
1. Consumers do not want to pay more for goods so mommies can sit at home longer.
2. Taxpayers are tapped out and can't afford to finance maternity leaves for the mommies. Many taxpayers including the ones on this website, have absolutely no interest in subsidizing mommies anyway.
3. Co-workers do not want to finance maternity leaves.

This all comes down to a group of entitled mommies who in their hearts believe that everyone else should be paying them to stay at home, while the rest of us bust our butts at work everyday. They believe that they are special citizens, and don't give a damn about their employers, their colleagues, or the taxpayers at large.

They have no clue what the term "opportunity cost" is all about. They really believe they can (and SHOULD) "have it all," and they do not care about the destruction being inflicted on all of those around them, the folks who actually PAY for them to "have it all."
November 06, 2014
JoJo

Repugs love breeders - if anything, 4 kids is not enough...
November 06, 2014
Based on informal personal observation - many on both the far right and far left tend to have extremely breederific or breeder-pleasing tendencies.

I truly do not understand the rationale behind paid cow leave. People say the U.S. is one of three countries without it like it's a bad thing. One should not feel entitled to be paid for work one did not perform. If pahrunts feel forced to choose between affording child care and staying at home they were not in a position to breed in the first place.
November 06, 2014
Maybe she teaches at a private fundie school... In which case she shouldn't be asking the government for shit. I like that first comment that said "uhhhhhh.....shouldn't this letter be addressed to Congress
Hahaha...ignorant cow doesn't even know how our government works!!! And she teaches kids!!!!! Haha cow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
November 06, 2014
rudeawakening

I truly do not understand the rationale behind paid cow leave. People say the U.S. is one of three countries without it like it's a bad thing. One should not feel entitled to be paid for work one did not perform. If pahrunts feel forced to choose between affording child care and staying at home they were not in a position to breed in the first place.

People say that shit because they don't have one iota of economic sense.

The next time you hear, "Mommies should have paid maternity leave!," simply ask, "Paid by whom?"

There's no free lunch. It has to be paid by somebody.

So who should pay?

Taxpayers, in the form of increased taxes upon ALL of us?
Consumers, in the form of increased prices for everyone?
Colleagues, in the form of reduced wages and/or additional assignments without pay?

Mark me down as a guy who is completely unwilling to pay. I have no interest in paying for mommies not to work. I find it completely abhorrent when do-gooders and entitled mommies tell me, you, and everyone else, how OUR money can better be utilized by handing it over to them. It's outrageous.
November 06, 2014
HuffPost
Yes, I have toughened up. Yes, I am thankful I have a job. And yes, I do have a wonderful schedule as a working mother.

Then what exactly are you whining about? You already have all that you wanted and all that you have extorted. Most working mothers don't have an easy ride like you do. If you did not have an easy ride, you would not be popping out 4 kids.

HuffPost
But here I am, preparing myself to yet again leave my very new baby.

One of the things that ACA has mandated was 100% coverage for female sterilization. If you have health insurance, and you better have health insurance, it would have covered your tubal ligation 100%. It was YOU who chose to not get your tubes tied. It was your choice. There are no buts about it.

HuffPost
It simply makes me a decent person.

Very little makes you a decent person. In your own blog, in your own words, you have shown that you are as selfish as one can be. I hope you are working a whole bunch of hours and are helping your husband pay for your wants.

HuffPost
So I ask you, Mr. President, why is the United States the only developed country without laws providing paid maternity leave? In fact, why we're one of the only countries without any paid maternity leave?

Lady, have you ever been to Eastern Europe? How about no government assistance of any kind at all? Can you imagine that? Millions of people do.

Lady, tell me something. Why should us, the taxpayers, pay you for something that you would do anyways? No paid maternity leave did not stop you from having kids and it will not stop anyone else. You chose to be a parent and you need to be an adult about it. Stop asking someone else to pick up the tab. I am not asking you to pay for any of my stuff, do I?

HuffPost
But, Mr. President, wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to be a gladiator... just yet?

How you live your life is your choice. If you cannot afford to raise your kids the way you want to raise them, well, those are your choices that you made. You sound very childish when you bother our leadership with your stupidity. You sure don't sound like an educated teacher.
November 06, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
There's no free lunch. It has to be paid by somebody.

Right wingers say that God will provide.

Left wingers say that government will provide.

Both are breeders and both expect someone else to pay.
November 06, 2014
rudeawakening
Based on informal personal observation - many on both the far right and far left tend to have extremely breederific or breeder-pleasing tendencies.

Our birth rate is not declining because of lack of some breeder perks. There is no need to give incentives for something that people are going to do anyways.

Yes, I have the same observation about the left and the right. Example: Gore and Romney - one left, one right, both have large families. Justification for breeding exists on both ends.
November 06, 2014
Techie

Right wingers say that God will provide.

Left wingers say that government will provide.

Both are breeders and both expect someone else to pay.

I agree. But setting aside those who are partisan, we've got a whole glob of people in the middle who aren't of either ideology. And this mass of people is largely economically illiterate.

When they hear about something like paid maternity leave, they think, "Well, okay, that sounds like a good idea. I (or my wife) could benefit from that."

They need to be told the truth--that the money must come from somewhere. Ask them if they're okay with money being taken out of their paycheck to subsidize those who don't work. Essentially that's what's going to happen via increased taxes, decreased wages, or increased responsibilities with zero compensation.

"Take home pay reduction" is something they will surely comprehend.
November 07, 2014
The whining paid maternity drives me batty for several reasons:

1.) Having kids is a CHOICE. Not only is it a choice, it's one of the few things in life one can plan for. Save up money, line all your ducks in a row before even thinking about conceiving. If you want to take a year off to play mommy, then you need to have a year's salary in the savings account before conception. Don't give me that unplanned shit. There's no such thing as an unplanned pregnancy or unplanned child. There's an unplanned conception, but you can abort and try again when you're ready. If you choose not to abort, then nothing past that point is unplanned. If you don't have A Year To Fuck Off savings, then you don't get to fuck off for a year. Them's the breaks, sweetie belle. I don't get this crap that people are supposed to save up for shit you can't predict like accidents and severe illnesses, but suggest that you should plan and save for children and people lose their minds. Like the stork just shows up at your house one day out of the blue with a baby and not like we have a fair amount of contraceptive choices and prophylactics to prevent pregnancy (and abortion when accidents happen).

2.) Moos seem to not understand the employer-employee money transaction deal. The employee works a set amount of hours for an agreed-upon rate and the employer pays the employee for those hours on an agreed-upon schedule, usually bimonthly. The employer gives money and in return gets results from the employee (whatever those results may be, depending upon the job the employee was hired to do). Now if the employee is not there working for a year and it's not due to unforeseen circumstances, why is the employer expected to still pay the employee?

3.) But all these other countries have a year of paid moo leave and the USA is one of the few countries that doesn't! Well first of all, the USA has an $18 trillion debt to take care of and is essentially owned by China currently. Second of all, those other countries with a year of paid moo leave like France, Canada, Sweden, Australia, Japan, etc.? Look at what else they have: free or reduced college and post-graduate education (meaning that they don't force their young adults to take on a 5-6-figure debt at the start their careers), a healthcare system where one doesn't go bankrupt if moderately sick or injured (let alone severely/chronically), a livable minimum wage, more vacation time, more sick leave, etc. And all for a total tax that's not much higher than the USA's. Get me free healthcare, a free Ph.D., eight weeks vacation, three weeks sick leave (that rolls over to the next year so it accumulates over the span of my working life and I can cash it out at retirement), no student debt, and a yearly salary that allows me to live comfortably and leaves plenty of disposable income, and I MIGHT be a little amenable to the idea of paid moo leave.

4.) As a correlation to the above, there are a lot of things that need to be rectified and resolved before we even entertain the idea of paid moo leave. That's the problem with these assholes: it's all about them and what will enhance their lives, fuck everybody else. Paid moo leave is not a right and it should never be considered one. And maybe the USA should be out of debt, not under Chinese control, and offer all that good stuff listed above before paid moo leave.

5.) There needs to be some give and take here. If you want a year of paid moo leave, then some other breeder bennies are going to have to be taken away in order to pay for it. Child tax credits can go. Breeders are held to a higher and harsher standard in the workplace. Prove to your colleagues that had to pick up your slack and your bosses who had to pay you for not working that you're still worth something. You don't get to have everything for nothing.

6.) Not to mention, how would such a thing be regulated so an employer is not horribly taken advantage of? Does the year of moo leave not kick in until wannamoo has given at least two years of service? How many years of service in between moo leave? Otherwise, you'll have moos getting knocked up within weeks or months of hire, taking their paid year off, and get knocked up at the midpoint so they come back to work for a few months before they go on another paid year off. An employer could end up paying a moo for five years but only get a year of actual work out of it.

7.) Quite frankly, if a year of paid leave is going to be offered for a life choice, then it should be offered to everybody for anything. Not just for breeding. There is no justification for that. Give everybody a paid year off with which they can do what they wish, whether to breed, travel, write a book, just sit and chill at home, etc. But actually, I prefer the In Case Shit Happens year of paid leave. That is there as a safety net for the shit that you can't and don't see coming. If you're diagnosed with cancer or get hit by a car and have to have your leg amputated, you have a year of paid leave in case you have to travel for treatment as well as being able to rest and not have to worry about work and not have a paycheck coming in. If a loved one falls ill or is injured, you have that leave to take care of them. I believe workers would be more effective with that peace of mind.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 07, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
But actually, I prefer the In Case Shit Happens year of paid leave. That is there as a safety net for the shit that you can't and don't see coming. If you're diagnosed with cancer or get hit by a car and have to have your leg amputated, you have a year of paid leave in case you have to travel for treatment as well as being able to rest and not have to worry about work and not have a paycheck coming in. If a loved one falls ill or is injured, you have that leave to take care of them. I believe workers would be more effective with that peace of mind.

This is a great idea, but one that any individual can already have through a.) a savings account, and/or, b.) disability insurance.

Personally, I believe in having both.

"B-b-b-b-but I can't afford both of those!" That's fine, then you can't afford to have a kid.
November 07, 2014
Paragon Schnitzophrenic: " I don't get this crap that people are supposed to save up for shit you can't predict like accidents and severe illnesses, but suggest that you should plan and save for children and people lose their minds."

This. People are also under increasing pressure to save big bucks for retirement as the last employers with traditional pensions continue to proceed to end them, replacing them with a 401(k) plan funded by employee contributions—or simply replacing them with nothing at all. This is at the same time we're hearing noises about means testing Social Security, meaning that if you do somehow manage to save those bucks for retirement, you just might get fucked out of Social Security benefits if some politicians have their way.

Parents have also long been under the gun to save for children's university, and the system is set up to enforce this. If your parents don't fill out the financial aid forms, you get no aid at all, even though you are no longer a minor once you hit 18 and begin university.

So you have all this pressure to save, save, save. Yet shitting out children without any money in the bank is considered perfectly fine. How does this make sense?

PS also says: "Not to mention, how would such a thing be regulated so an employer is not horribly taken advantage of? Does the year of moo leave not kick in until wannamoo has given at least two years of service? How many years of service in between moo leave? Otherwise, you'll have moos getting knocked up within weeks or months of hire, taking their paid year off, and get knocked up at the midpoint so they come back to work for a few months before they go on another paid year off. An employer could end up paying a moo for five years but only get a year of actual work out of it."

These forums have had threads about the overgenerous benefits that moos in Britain receive, which essentially allow all of just that at the employer's expense. Some recent articles have mentioned that employers there increasingly choose not to hire women of childbearing age because of the potential cost and liability.

Here's an irony: President Obama seems not to have a lot of sympathy to this moo's cries. He said in a speech in Rhode Island several days ago (unfortunately while advocating to spend more money for child care options): "And sometimes, someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that’s not a choice we want Americans to make." The "choice" he means is being a stay-at-home moo. The Left has long frowned on that choice anyway, and this is one area with which I agree with them. Regan Long is about to find out that the President needs her to work so he can get her tax dollars. Would-be SAHMs have a big surprise coming...
November 07, 2014
The costs of things ~

There are all sorts of 'behind the scenes' issues that (most) people do not think of. I don't wanna go into any long, boring, biz things.

An easy example would be - if there are lack of jobs, less money in circulation - yes there is an imbalance. Things stagnate. A worrisome thing to me is that the US economy is 70% based off of consumer spending - and there is little mfg. left.

Another thing that bothers me is Agra and water issues (US and world wide.) To be clear - I do work in commodities - metals and plastics though, I don't 'do' Agra. But of course I have to watch it all too. You have to watch pretty much everything. And I've been thinking of getting into Agra.

The US (and world wide) prices on these things are weighted in certain ways due to gov subsidy and trade restrictions. Long story short? It's a fekkin MESS! Oooog. Not for the faint of heart.

These issues affect what people eventually purchase, the cost of living, etc.

As example, since I was just talking about my Hot Rod elsewhere - Sugar Diesel is the most cost effective and efficient, it takes less water and processing also. But - Corn Diesel is cheaper on the retail end. Why? Gov subsidizes. Artificial price structures. Lobbyists say: Thanks, Gov Friend! Here's a briefcase full of cash as a token of my appreciation.

A small handful of people control the US sugar markets. They're not citizens, nor do they live in the US, Google 'Fanjul brothers'.

And then of course there are trade restrictions. Such as Brazil sells much Sugar Diesel to Japan and there are various restrictions on who else may trade with them, or anybody - it's exceedingly complex. Not to mention that the US has few Diesel vehicles. Commercial vehicles and such, yes. But compared to the amount of cars -
And there are basically NO Diesel engine cars in the US.

A market purposefully controlled, also. By those with specific interests.

Bored yet? Yes, I am boring you! grinning smiley FEW people think about these things though. And it translates into what people buy, do, even how much they breed and eat.

All those CORN products! Easy and cheap and loaded with Gov breaks for Big Agra. Grow fat on the corn and BREED! EXPAND my profits Ye Brooders!

A HUGE PROBLEM in all this is - they're doing it most all of it now in the quick and dirty way. Virtually NO ONE (IMO) is looking at the long game here.

And a HUGE disturbing thing is - we are running out of water! World wide. And there is stupid waste too ( such as food waste, to production things like they should be converted to drip irrigation. Which is not all that complex, or labor or capital intensive.) So WHY don't they do it then?

Why isn't anyone moving to compete against them?

The Subsidies. The restrictions. The bigger money. The Old Boys Network. Which is basically running the / many and various governments.

They want people to breed to keep their various pyramid schemes going.

Many of these issues are complex and almost esoteric in many ways, and it all 'shifts' constantly. And it's my Aggravating Job, too! YAY!
But as I said - I do metals and plastics. Alot more straightforward and easier to deal with. Of course there are all sorts of issues with this too, such as various taxes, MUCH shipping issues *do not get me started* - but 'issues' are more of these things - the markets do not fluctuate wildly, there are not all manner of bizarre restrictions on trade, MUCH boring and complex paperwork and re working of things? Yes.

I suppose my point here is - these are underlying things that people do not think of. And - any and ALL of it - affects how people live. And breed. And die.

Irish Potato Famine - Irish farmers shipped 'em out per Rule Brittania - while they stood there and starved. The trade schemes there and then. And then some crops failed. But - they were still shipping the good potatos out. And they started to starve ~
And then all the crops failed ~

I have read several books about this and it shocked me, stunned me, literally broke my heart. Awful. Heart wrenching.

Let us remember the past. And 'big pictures', and other issues. And underlying boring stuff too.

Many places world wide are running out of water. HEADS UP.
This has a cascading effect ~
November 08, 2014
"I was teaching full time, writing a column, writing a book, started my own photography business." Perhaps writing column and book could wait after you got over the "bonding period". Stretching oneself every which way does not help when short of time. Go cry to a man far busier than you, moocow.:Violin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login