Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo buys brat an EvilStick. Moo is surprised when EvilStick turns out to be evil.

Posted by screaming sausage 
Well, what did she expect for a dollar, and so soon after Halloween? The clue's in the title, moo:

*TRIGGER WARNING*- self-harm imagery:

Disturbing image hidden in a toy purchased at dollar store

More on this from Snopes, with pics of other creepy images found hiding in Evil Sticks:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/evilstick.asp

Instead of raging at the store which sold her a product clearly labelled "Evil Stick" maybe she should be raging at the factories which pay workers a few cents per hour to mass-produce this crap with no quality control and no concern for the workers' wellbeing. And then stop buying this crap for her sprog.

All that said, I kind of want one for myself now :redface
This is the first time I've heard of Evil Sticks. They sound like they could be tasers.

It's only a gag gift not marketed as a gag gift. It's brilliant whilst creepy. smile rolling left rightsmile
I only go to the Dollar Tree to buy items to fill my Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Third world kids do not know the difference. Many of their toys are mediocre to junk.Their Barbie dolls are stiff and hollow with weird necks. Their stuffed animals look strange with the exception of the monkeys and teddy bears. If moomy really loved Bratalina, she would buy something of quality.

I try to buy American as much as possible, but my OCC shoeboxes are my exception to the rule.

My captcha says fuc, which moo does not give about buying junky toys. waving hellolarious
Can this moo read? It says "Evil Stick" on it! Just because it looks like a princess wand at first glance, she bought it without further inspection? That's especially egregious since she was at a dollar store where the quality of the toys cannot be expected to be top notch anyway. Also I believe the news report said she bought it for her 2-year-old, but the packaging does state it's not suitable for those under 3 years old. She just didn't read the packaging at all or just didn't care until she found out it had a scandalous image inside.

I don't like that item and think it's inappropriate for children, but the packaging had ample warning for anyone who can read mangled English that it really isn't for 2-year-olds so I can't really fault the store. It does make me wonder what is going on at places that manufacture this crap, though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login