Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I propose a change in the CF vocabulary

Posted by catharsist 
I propose a change in the CF vocabulary
November 16, 2014
Seeing as how we have vocabulary that distinguishes between the good and the bad in regards to parents (ergo breeder and parent, PNB, BNP), I propose that we do the same thing for children and the institution of parenting as a whole. I have elected to put this here because you are the best and the brightest on the net regarding such an issue and I know that you will critique me fairly and not blow rainbows up my ass. My proposal is this:

Instead of just the myriad of slang words to speak of children, I propose that well behaved children be called just that and shitty little brats be called savages. I chose this term because that literally sums up their behavior to a T. This can be summed up by CNS and SNC respectively. (This does not, in any way, imply we scrap the fun slang because it's funny as hell, also I like CNS because it implies that the well-behaved child has a fucking brain to speak of winking smiley read: Central Nervous System)

I also propose that Parenting be replaced with the word Civilizing. Because parenting, shit. What does that even MEAN anymore? To parent a child means to make the thing civilized enough to engage in society in a healthy, respectable and productive manner. As we can plainly see, in this new modern age of idiocracy and chicken fingers at low-low prices, all we have are fat, stupid, and spoiled additions to our ever-deteriorating whore of a society. And this is all thanks to the new wave of "parenting". Parenting means NOTHING anymore. As the world changes, so too must language.

I realize that the word "savage" is a loaded term with a history, and this is my MAIN hangup in adopting the term in such a sense. However, I feel it will deflect from those wrongfully called such a derogatory word and direct it more towards patterns of behavior and not a state of being based on factors beyond one's control. I understand that this also smacks of neo-colonialism, but truthfully, that's what parenthood is, it's a form of colonialism.

What do you think? Is this one lexicon worthy? Tear it up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: I propose a change in the CF vocabulary
November 16, 2014
I just looked it up and so long as you aren't referencing a CULTURE and are instead referencing individual behavior it should be fine. Although, doubtless there will still be hangups.
November 16, 2014
The words we use go back the origins of the Childfree's online presence.

The Lexicon of Spawn goes back nearly 20 years to the days of Geocites.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/support/childfree/faq/

Dumping this would be dumping part of our "culture" as a specific group IRL and online. This is one reason why the Cultural Thread Sticky was made. It's almost a museum of our online history. Tossing the Lexicon would be like tearing down the HOLLYWOOD sign. :bawl

Ok I'm better now. drinking coffee

The lexicon and words in it helped define CF in the days of Netscape, AOL, thunderbird and outlook express - before forums when Usenet was cutting edge. It was a keystone of the process to build these (meaning more than just Bratfree) CF communities and helped build an identity. Those same word served and as jumping off point for the original forum BRATS and then when it folded this one. It's our ancestry our history our founding rock. this is our language. We need to keep it.

OH NO! I'm not saying to scrap the lexicon at all! I thought it put that in my post! I was saying to ADD some words. That's all. The lexicon of spawn won't be going anywhere, I mean like you said! That's our culture. But I see no issues with adding words hence asking if the words would be lexicon worthy. Unless adding words is just as bad then I'll withdraw the proposal.
November 16, 2014
Use what words you like. If people like them, they'll use them too. If not, they won't. On the whole we are not a movement (at least not here), so a directive approach won't work.
November 16, 2014
yurble
Use what words you like. If people like them, they'll use them too. If not, they won't. On the whole we are not a movement (at least not here), so a directive approach won't work.

That makes sense. I'm too big for my britches. Now I feel like a dummy, lol! Welp! Ignore me folks! Nuthin to see here! :GOMIIMOG
November 16, 2014
IMO many kids ARE savages! Adults too!

This brought to mind - it was some old, old, TV show - some "Western" such as Gun Smoke or Bonanza or something. And I caught an episode of it where some Cow found a kid - that was literally FERAL. Wasn't really paying attention to it, did notice that the kid - literally was a "wild animal".

Yes, if they are not Parented / Civilized - they ARE like wild animal savages!

There's loads of info on this - incidents of Feral Children IRL. It's fascinating reading.

Yes and there is a 'term' for these - that is exactly what they call them - "Feral Children".
November 16, 2014
before forums when Usenet was cutting edge.

Yea, that was some serious going "Into the Heart of Darkness" there.
November 17, 2014
the noodler

alt.fan.karl-maldens. nose

alt.usenet. kooks

Usenet performance art and the Meowers

oh yes, the Godfathers of trolls

Usenet was hilarious. ASCF was fun for lurking. It was a hell of an intro to CF groups.
November 17, 2014
thom_c
the noodler

alt.fan.karl-maldens. nose

alt.usenet. kooks

Usenet performance art and the Meowers

oh yes, the Godfathers of trolls

I only really delved into the world of soc.men
sadly I actually have a very close relative who is a "card" in the usenet kOOk card deck.
And by card I don't mean he's a funny guy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login