Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sentimental Parents and Other Things

Posted by efsb 
Sentimental Parents and Other Things
January 03, 2015
Wooo! So glad the hellydays are over. Anyway, my grandmother said something at Christmas that got me thinking.
I can’t remember what we were talking about that made her blurt this out, but this isn’t the first time she has said this.
“I wish you guys were little again.” You guys meaning myself and my brother.
I’m curious as to why anyone would wish we were shrieking, tantruming, pants-shitting toadlers again. My brother was a holy terror at that age and almost got kicked out of daycare for cursing so much – which was totally my fault. I taught him to swear. We were not always so sweet and innocent, in fact I’d say we were little assholes between the ages of 2 and, let’s say, 6 or 7. Why would any parent want to go back to those days?
Furthermore, I find it rather disrespectful when parents or other relatives feel it’s necessary to tell my friends really embarrassing shit I did as a kid, like my bathroom habits, for example. I’m sorry, that’s not cute. It’s rude and no one else needs to know about that. And they wonder why I don’t really want to bring any of my friends around them
Re: Sentimental Parents and Other Things
January 03, 2015
Eh.. my grandmother used to reminise about me and my cousins being young again when we all hit our 20's and 30's. Then there was my father who enjoyed repeatedly telling realitives how my male cousin peed on the wall in the diningroom of our old house when my mother was changing him on the 'sideboard' in there. Worse yet.. he never replaced that piece of walpaper or put furniture in front of it. There was always alittle yellish brown dribble spot down that wall. Disgusting! yet.. my parents.. and the parents of my cousin.. AND my grandmother.. charished that spot. Sheesh! OH.. and I remember one time when my father told my cousin's WIFE about it when they were visiting (different house ofcourse so he couldn't do show and tell... or he would have)
Re: Sentimental Parents and Other Things
January 03, 2015
This is about the only thing that would inspire Nostalgia with my Drunken Relatives -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83xxWCel8g
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login