Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schadenfreude

Posted by deanad 
Schadenfreude
January 31, 2015
My husband's best friend (J) is one of three brothers. The youngest brother (R)is a chauvinist, J is a little bit but not as bad. The middle brother (cool smileyis very, very famous. I've never met him, but I found out he had heard about me due to an incident.

Me, hubby and J, along with a couple of other people were eating one night. More people joined us, and eventually, brother R walked in and sat down. R is married to a dingbat and the father of three. The subject of babies came up and R asked me why we hadn't had any. "We didn't want any" I honestly told him, expecting that to be the end of it. "Then why did you get married?" he persisted. "Because we wanted to spend our lives together". I answered, with uncharacteristic patience. "Do you think that made sense?" came the next inquiry.

I saw J's eyes get big and him trying to tell his brother to lay off. "It did to us, and since it's lasted (at the time) 22 years. I think it can be called a success". This was a dig; he had a divorce under his belt at the time.

"Why bother though?". I felt my blood start to boil. "What the FUCK and you trying to say, that only people who have kids should be allowed to marry?" This came loudly. I was livid.

"Well, you should at least be open to the idea".

"Perhaps...just PERHAPS not everyone wants what you've got". I ended it. It was only the second time I ever left a restaurant without eating my meal once ordered. My husband left with me.

We got home and his cell rang. It was R. Saying he wanted to talk to me. Hubby said I had not interest in anything he had to say. So R suggest he "make her talk to me". Hubby laughed out loud and hung up on him.

I found out later that J had called his famous brother and was told to tell me that HE was sorry for what his brother did. That was nice.

Recently I found out that R has gone into rehab and his wife left him. Even more recently I heard that the above incident was cited at his intervention as the beginning sign of his alcohol problem. Maybe, but it wasn't the beginning of his asshole problem.
Re: Schnadefruede
January 31, 2015

Wow. That's really stupid. Like damn.
February 01, 2015
Don'tcha just love it when people who have NO clue how to run their own lives start preaching to you about how you should run yours?

How fucking RUDE of him to discuss your personal reproductive decisions! I am sorry you had to go through this, and I'm so glad that your husband shut this asshole down. People like this need to STFU and deal with their own issues.

I married my husband because I love him. Not because I want to sluice his loaves. If anyone dare question me WHY I married him, or ask me what the point was in marrying him, they risk having a very angry M6 get all up in their grill and tell them to mind their own stinkin' business.
February 01, 2015
Once.. about 20 years ago.. I got the comment 'it's too bad you went through geting married and then were unable to 'sluce a loaf' (have a kyd) "

We were on the fence when we married. We were young (early 20's) but as we got a bit older and thought more we decided we liked things the way they were and did not need a kyd to make us any more of a fambly. That's when some of our aquaintences assumed that we wanted them and, after 'going through the trouble of getting married' were unable to have them. I had one busy body chick ask me(after my hyst 22 years ago) 'So, are you going to stay together now or let your husband move on?"

WTF goes through some people's minds???? I have to feel sorry for some people that their relationship with a spouce is so fragile that only a kyd can hold them together..or all they get together for is to procreate more leaches of society. What is wrong with 2 people being legaly married just because they LOVE EACHOTHER??? And, surprise people, that love CAN last a lifetime...without the aid of some screemin' soul sucking leach brought into the mix.
Anonymous User
February 01, 2015
Can't fix bad spelling, either. Schadenfreude, y'all.
Re: Schadenfreude
February 02, 2015
mumofsixbirds
How fucking RUDE of him to discuss your personal reproductive decisions!

This is something I have noticed about breeders. They really are fucking RUDE. They have no sense of privacy or boundaries, and they think that just because they ruined their lives by sluicing, they have the inalieable right to quiz everybody else on their private lives.
February 02, 2015
telecat
Can't fix bad spelling, either. Schadenfreude, y'all.

The correct term is you all.

Which is also colloquial and would be more properly stated as all of you. Or everyone.
February 03, 2015
yummynotmummy
This is something I have noticed about breeders. They really are fucking RUDE. They have no sense of privacy or boundaries, and they think that just because they ruined their lives by sluicing, they have the inalieable right to quiz everybody else on their private lives.

I guess that comes from their sudden inability to realise what is Too Much Information once they've spawned- breeders, I don't want to know what colour little Jacob's poo was this morning, and you shouldn't want to ask me anything whatsoever about my uterus.
February 03, 2015
Perhaps 'you all' is the grammatically correct form.
However, I'm perfectly all right with 'y'all'. It is simply an accepted contraction.
Go down I-75 south and cross into Kentucky, few miles in, you see a water tower (think it's a tower)
with 'Florence, y'all' instead of Florence Mall. There is a mall there but they decided to put that up.
Grammar aside, the one real bingo I got many years ago was from some breeder dude with a wife and three kids. The guy was a philandering scum bag.
Divorced the wife after a number of years and managed to screw her over in the divorce. At least the kids had the decency to drop dear old dad like acid and cut him out of their lives.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login