Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commence mooing in 3...2..1 FDA flames keepsake ultrasouds

Posted by thom_c 
Commence mooing in 3...2..1 FDA flames keepsake ultrasouds
March 04, 2015
Common sense but the moos will be pissed at the ebil gobmint...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-d-ultrasounds-cause-concern-for-obgyn-doctors-and-fda/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

CBS NewsMarch 4, 2015, 7:00 AM
FDA warns against "keepsake" ultrasounds

There is no doubt that ultrasounds provide doctors with vital information about the condition of an unborn child.

As the images get clearer -- and three dimensional -- more and more women are getting optional "keepsake" ultrasounds. But while those images may be precious mementos, the FDA is waving warning flags, reports CBS News medical contributor Dr. Tara Narula.

At the Lakewood Center Mall in Southern California, there's a place called Meet Your Baby. It's where 26-year-old Donquesha Williams had an ultrasound performed.

"These are going to go in my photo album. I get to actually see him... so I'm excited and everything," Williams said.

Meet Your Baby is one of a growing trend of facilities offering 3-D fetal images of unborn children as keepsakes.

"We use the same machine as the doctor," owner Michael Horan said. "Our techs spend a little more time to get a more enjoyable session out of it."

But more time, and multiple visits, are part of what concerns the FDA and some doctors. While ultrasounds are considered safe, they are known to raise the temperature of exposed tissue, and can even create small bubbles known as cavitation.

"I know that they are exciting, but I don't think women should abuse the medical technology for their entertainment purposes," board-certified OBGYN Dr. Rebecca Brightman said.

According to a recent consumer update, the FDA says: "The long-term effects of tissue heating and cavitation are not known. Therefore, ultrasound scans should be done only when there is a medical need."

Regarding ultrasound machines, they said: "They are not intended for over-the-counter (OTC) sale or use, and the FDA strongly discourages their use for creating fetal keepsake images and videos."

rest at link

God baby's are squishy mushy gross looking things already, why the hell would anyone want to see it let, alone a photo/video of it, in its most gross mushy ugly state before its even garentued to survive being born?

"All of a sudden, it's not a black and white: you see the features, you see a baby's face and the biggest thing here is the nose," Orozco said. "Everybody talks about the nose. 'Who's nose is that? Is it daddy's nose? Is it mommy's nose?"

saying 'wtf' .... Seriously: what the fuck
Re: Commence mooing in 3...2..1 FDA flames keepsake ultrasouds
March 04, 2015
Who the fuck cares? All fetuses look the same and, barring skin color, all babies look more or less the same too. I've never heard of these BS cosmetic ultrasounds, but it sounds like typical Moo behavior to expose her fetus to unnecessary potentially harmful procedures so Moo can have a happy. What if the ultrasound doesn't satisfy Moo? Will she insist on getting ten more like it's a photo shoot?

What part of pignancy won't a breeder try to preserve? Bronzed baby booties, belly casts, babby hand and foot casts, drying and eating of placenta, keepsake ultrasounds, miscarriage cremation. What's next? Moo saving all her vomit from morning sickness in a ten-gallon jug? A cast of her vasshole (as if she'd forget about it)? Keepsake X-rays so Moo can remember Junior's beautiful in-utero bone structure?

Is it normal/legal for anyone to have an ultrasound machine outside of a medical setting?
March 04, 2015
Why is there such a huge demand for black and white pictures of grainy, blurry potatoes?
March 04, 2015
Cambion
A cast of her vasshole (as if she'd forget about it)?

LOL! Id wager at least 1 moo out there has immortalized it.
March 04, 2015
Cambion
What part of pignancy won't a breeder try to preserve? Bronzed baby booties, belly casts, babby hand and foot casts, drying and eating of placenta, keepsake ultrasounds, miscarriage cremation. What's next? Moo saving all her vomit from morning sickness in a ten-gallon jug? A cast of her vasshole (as if she'd forget about it)? Keepsake X-rays so Moo can remember Junior's beautiful in-utero bone structure?
I don't get it, it is unnerving!
March 05, 2015
Oh look everyone, it's the doppler radar, storm's on the way. Expect some erosion as the storm heads south.

Good on Dr. Rebecca Brightman for telling it like it is. You know she is a woman and is supposed to be all on the side of moos.

Hell if the cow brigade wants to further cavitate themselves I say who cares.

So the FDA warns against OTC ultrasound machines, is that a thing? Moos buying ultrasound machines and using them like an iPhone, posting three hundred self made ultrasound pics on fakebook....who even knows anymore.
March 05, 2015
seamstress
Why is there such a huge demand for black and white pictures of grainy, blurry potatoes?

The 3Ds give you a picture of a creepy looking smooshed almost-baby.

And there is a reason ultrasound techs go through a lot of training...OTC machines? Dafuq?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 05, 2015
This is the start of The Hills Have Eyes: Real Life Version.
March 05, 2015
I hope someone has explored any possible connection between the quantity of ultrasounds and the rise of autism. They love to look at the face ("the nose!"), so they have that thing directed at the lump's brain... Just saying...
March 05, 2015
seamstress

Wait -

You don't do this with your potatos?

grinning smiley
March 05, 2015
On a serious note -

I saw this most interesting documentary about Sink Holes the other day ~

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/sinkholes.html

Ultra Sound can be used to detect these.

US can be used for other things. There are many applications.

I was also thinking about those here looking for 'tech work', this looks interesting and there's a need for it.
March 05, 2015
Zzelda
seamstress

Wait -

grinning smiley

Of course! How else do you think I am paying for college? grinning smiley
March 05, 2015
blondie
So the FDA warns against OTC ultrasound machines, is that a thing? Moos buying ultrasound machines and using them like an iPhone, posting three hundred self made ultrasound pics on fakebook....who even knows anymore.

Oh jeez. If someone created an ultrasound app, can you imagine what would happen??
March 06, 2015
Presto
I hope someone has explored any possible connection between the quantity of ultrasounds and the rise of autism. They love to look at the face ("the nose!"), so they have that thing directed at the lump's brain... Just saying...

tahts actually a really interesting point, was just discussing it with mr exile, we reckon they cant say that it causes damage because they'll lose money, and then it'll make moos untrusting of hospitals, causing them to sue anytime a hospital needs to ultrasound them for something while pregnant, because it'll damage the baby.

randomcfchick
Oh jeez. If someone created an ultrasound app, can you imagine what would happen??

yeah if it actually did work, youd have moos complaing that they keep giving birth to defective loafs, why didn't the doctors pick this up on ultra sound, the dr's could be like, why didn't you in the several months you've been watching it non stop while damaging its development and dna.

Zzelda
seamstress

Wait -

grinning smiley

phft lol, mr exile and I had our day made with this one remark waving hellolariousbouncing and laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login