Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder cow is.. A breeder!

Posted by catharsist 
Breeder cow is.. A breeder!
April 02, 2015
So, remember the coworker who threatened me with unwanted children whilst being pregnant with her first mistake at the ripe ol' age of 19? She is back from moo leave and is SO BREEDERIFIC! She is pissing off everyone by showing everyone pictures of the kid and no one is interested. I have not had the opportunity (read: misfortune) to work with her since her return, but I know she's going to be insufferable.

She even has an hours request sheet that says "help a mama out with some hours". Already? Trying to use your breeder status to get more hours? Ain't gonna work here sweet pea. She only gets two days a week now and they won't schedule her any more. Sux to be her.

Edit: anyone got any advice? I feel like I'm going to not be able to hold my tongue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: Breeder cow is.. A breeder!
April 02, 2015
All I can tell you is to hold your tongue, and do your best to stay away from her. Try to disengage from her whenever possible. She is going to be using her newly hatched loaf to get all kinds of perks and bennies at work. Be prepared.

Sorry you are going through this. I have been in your position and it sux.
April 02, 2015
Wait a minute. A breeder wants more hours? Really?
April 02, 2015
In all honesty I'd love to see what you eventually say to her when you are forced to be around her, but I agree, hold in the reveling in CF glory as much as possible or she'll claim discrimination or harrasment. From being to butt hurt over not turning you around like she thinks she will.

Although, I'd probably say something like, start out sounding like you care and want to know, like how are you sleeping? Getting enough? Then wait till she answers all surprised and heart warmed that you should ask, then turn not on its ass with, oh well get used to it, be about 5 more years before you can have a decent nights sleep, and forget about ever having time for sex again.

But you know sassyer, or more wity.
April 02, 2015
I honestly am going to try my best. She also is going to flip when I get my top surgery (she doesn't like that I'm Trans* *snark*). I don't know if she will be a bitch about that or what, and I don't give a damn, but I think she's using that as the reason why she dislikes me even though I know better and it makes no sense (making yourself look like a bigot to make people like you?). I'm just wondering if she's actually going to try to attention whore to me since she KNOWS that I'm not into that.

I don't think I'll have any issues with her if she tries to engage. I'm good at saying terrible things in a polite and disarming fashion. Goes right over her head. And after her new contribution, I would love to study her intellect and sleep deprivation. And to study the psychology of knowing you f*cked up. She is a thorn in my ass but she is fascinating to me as well, such an opportunity!

And BTW, epic announcement!:

I have officially contacted a psychologist and I am on my way to receiving a letter for my surgery. While I hate the rabid disregard for my bodily autonomy and can't help but analyze the repercussions of such a costly method of obtaining treatment I'm doing pretty good and my alcoholism has improved! It's pretty good.
April 02, 2015
kman

Just because she wants more hours doesn't mean she intends to put in more work. She just wants more hours for the bigger check, but oh, don't expect her to actually do extra work. Like most Moos do: "I'mma do two days' worth of work, but I want four days' worth of money" and "I'm allowed to do less for more because MOOOOO."
April 03, 2015
If she tries to show you the photos, just tell her that it's unprofessional and you are both there to do a job (implying that she's not doing hers). Cut her off every time she starts on some of that bullshit.
April 03, 2015
Help a mama out with hours? Because she has a chyyyyyyuld, so the rest of you better give her your hours, because she neeeeeeds that money more than you do? Typical selfishness.

I am just allergic to these parasitic "Look at the new pics of my bayyy-beeee," "Wanna see a new pic of my bayyyy-beee?" people. What pests they are. Nope, you've got work to do, you have to get this or that done, you don't have time to see it, you have to make a phone call, you have to run to the restroom, etc. every single time she whips out her phone to make you look at pics. Or, each time she tries to make you look, pull your phone out first and insist she look at pics of whatever you've got on there.

If she makes any derogatory comments about you with your surgery, then you should be able to report that, because you have a right to not be subjected to a hostile work environment that makes you feel intimidated and uncomfortable based on sexual discrimination. Not saying you necessarily personally feel that way, but it would be your right to say so based on principle. (I've been off the board for a long while and just back this week, so not up-to-date on your story, so I'll have to do some back reading).

Hold your tongue so she can't use anything against YOU. Run to the restroom with your phone and vent it out here! Haha. It gets you away from her, you get the relief of immediately getting to vent about it, and we could certainly use the laughs at her expense.
April 03, 2015
Cambion
kman

Just because she wants more hours doesn't mean she intends to put in more work. She just wants more hours for the bigger check, but oh, don't expect her to actually do extra work. Like most Moos do: "I'mma do two days' worth of work, but I want four days' worth of money" and "I'm allowed to do less for more because MOOOOO."

Oh yeah, she's absolutely worthless. She was worthless while inpig. I was surprised that my job basically fired her from her job as hospitality (changing tv channels, doing samples, and celebrating events) to cashiering. That's a 3 dollar pay dock, and they're only putting her on for two days a week. Meanwhile, my managers can not WAIT until I'm more free so they can schedule the hell out me! Lol!

I will do the honor of looking at one (1) photo. In all honesty, it is a person's special thing to show pictures of their child. But I'll only look at one, as a courtesy. Then I can say "no offense but it's a baby, you've seen one picture you've seen them all." The emotional value of the child to her is possible far beyond the amount I care, but she still cares and out of respect for basic human dignity I can't deny her one showing. Call it my over-active justice complex.

And Night Owl, you haven't really missed anything. I haven't been talking about it much here, but I'll fill you in.

1.) I came out here awhile ago. I had no qualms about doing so because you guys are THE BEST people I know other than close friends.
2.) I've been struggling with gender dysphoria (I have an aversion to my chest), and since I've unfortunately had difficulty eating and my drinking is getting bad. I went to class tipsy yesterday (a total first) and that's NOT a good look.
3.) I need a letter from a psychologist to get top surgery so I can get my life back on track, but I resent it to my core because bodily autonomy is a hot button issue for me.
4.) I've been asked to appear as a guest speaker for an LGBT Rights and Issues conference for a women's engineering student org. I am OVER THE MOON. I already did a small test run with the planning committee and it definitely changed the way people view gender, to the point that they have even felt the need to contact the guy who had me show up so they can continue the conversation. I am beyond flattered. The guy who is planning it even changed the title of the meeting from LGBT Rights and Issues to "Be Authentically You" (something I say often in my blog - cue the expansion of my already-unwieldy ego).

So yeah that's it! Thanks for the advice. I really need it. I need to get myself together before seeing this person in.. Person.. I am too much of a loud mouth and I speak my mind without shame (not a good thing sometimes). I have tact, but since has tact ever gotten anyone anywhere with a breeder?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login