Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SIL pissed about cake

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
SIL pissed about cake
April 01, 2015
SIL talked me into making a birthday cake for my 2 year old niece. I made the cake, and told her I can't get to her house and i'm in pain (endometriosis) so won't be able to bring the cake (5 hours before party). She asks why can't i just get on a bus with the cake, I told her i was in pain and she got mad saying 'so now I have to get my daughter dressed (11am) and go to the store to buy a cake?!" I told her it doesn't matter, I will just get a taxi and bring the cake. An hour before the party, I was in agony and told SIL that I can't come to the party, but I'll bring the cake tonight instead. She went nuts and tried to make me feel guilty "my daughter won't have a cake for her party". I told her she won't know or care because she's TWO, she went nuts again and started bitching to my brother about me.

All of my family are telling me I was wrong, that I should've let her get the cake the first time. She fucking guilt tripped me so I agreed, but the pain got worse and I couldn't sit at her house with a bunch of toddlers screaming and jumping and climbing all over me.
Re: SIL pissed about cake
April 01, 2015
Your SIL sounds like a real POS. :BS I would've told her to go fuck herself, but that's just me. angry flipping off I'm sure I got cake when I turned two, but I sure as fuck don't remember if I did. shrug

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
April 01, 2015
I'm sorry that you are in pain and that your SIL is so entitled. If it were me, I'd have stayed home and ate the cake myself.
April 01, 2015
Why didn't SIL get in her car, or on a bus, and go to your home and pick up the cake that you were generous enough to make for her? Does she know you have endometriosis and that the pain an be very debilitating?

This is why I never do any favors for parents, family or otherwise. Give an inch, and they try to take a mile.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2015
She doesn't drive either and you know "but i have two young kids!!!" always using them as an excuse. She does know about it but I don't think she cares or understands
April 01, 2015
What an entitled POS your SIL is. So much for parenting making someone a better person. She obviously has no compassion for your situation, and is more than happy to take advantage of you, despite your pain.

This is why I don't do favors for people, either. I used to, until I realized that most people are ungrateful assholes with high expectations. If I couldn't deliver on something, they would guilt-trip me like crazy.

Like seamstress, I would have eaten the cake too, and then called her and told her how delicious it was.
April 01, 2015
seamstress
I'm sorry that you are in pain and that your SIL is so entitled. If it were me, I'd have stayed home and ate the cake myself.

Me too, and sent a photo of every delicious cakey mouthful.
April 01, 2015
Yeah, fuck'em. You were nice enough to make the cake, and I for one believe that it's the intent that counts. She can eat shit.
April 01, 2015
Cut the cake into delicious pieces and share it with a bunch of people.
Take a photo of every grateful person eating it.
Send the dozens of photos as attachments in an email to the ungrateful moo.
Bonus points if some people are holding signs such as "Thanks" "Delicious" etc
April 01, 2015
I would go to her house somehow and throw the cake in her face
April 01, 2015
Or leave the cake outside her house so that "someone left the cake out in the rain"
April 01, 2015
mr. neptune
Or leave the cake outside her house so that "someone left the cake out in the rain"

And You'll never have the recipe again

thom_c
mr. neptune

All of a sudden I have the urge to roller skate.
April 02, 2015
the noodler
thom_c
mr. neptune

This is all so over my head. I'm just going to sit here and smile. smiling smiley
April 02, 2015
catharsist
the noodler
thom_c
mr. neptune

This is all so over my head. I'm just going to sit here and smile. smiling smiley

"someone left the cake out in the rain
And You'll never have the recipe again"

MacArthur Park was a 1968 hit song that had surrealistic lyrics and was lengthy (over 7 minutes) for it's era.
Roller skating rinks were also big at that time and frequently played that song.

(corrected date error)
April 02, 2015
Sucks that your family can't see that you tried. Lesson is, don't ever do that again - be guilted especially if you are dealing with your own problems. They should be more worried about you being in so much pain, than a stupid cake.
April 02, 2015
What an entitled bit(h your SIL is. I am sorry you have to deal with her drama. Especially when you feel shitty from endo. friendly hug That's the epitome of every saying about friends being better than family. Your friends here appreciate you more than relatives ever will. friendly hug :beer
April 02, 2015
Ungrateful brats (the adults) ! Don't ever make them a cake again and make sure everybody you do bake for knows you don't have transportation and they will need to pick it up themselves.
April 02, 2015
cassia
catharsist
the noodler
thom_c
mr. neptune

MacArthur Park was an early 1970's hit song that had surrealistic lyrics and was lengthy (over 7 minutes) for it's era.
Roller skating rinks were also big at that time and frequently played that song.

Ooh nice!
April 02, 2015
catharsist
cassia
catharsist
the noodler
thom_c
mr. neptune

MacArthur Park was a 1968 hit song that had surrealistic lyrics and was lengthy (over 7 minutes) for it's era.

Ooh nice!

Macarthur Park (song) Wikipedia entry

MacArthur Park (song) Richard Harris first and original version

MacArthur Park (song) Sammy Davis Jr. version

MacArthur Park (song) Donna Summer version
April 04, 2015
Bitch should have got in a taxi with the sneauflakes if it was that important for the kid to have the cake. More entitled moomy bullshit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login