Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti Vaxx gets a hard lesson or 7

Posted by thom_c 
Anti Vaxx gets a hard lesson or 7
April 10, 2015
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/conditions/anti-vaxxers-child-gets-whooping-cough-she-now-supports-vaccinations

Anti-Vaxxer's Child Gets Whooping Cough, She Now Supports Vaccinations

By Michael Allen, Fri, April 10, 2015

Tara Hills, a Canadian mom of seven children in Ottawa, Ontario, was a strong opponent of childhood vaccinations until her 10-month-old son came down with whooping cough.

Hills told CBC News that all seven children have shown signs of whooping cough and were told to take antibiotics and stay home.

Hills claims her first three children had been partially vaccinated, but then she chose to stop based on negative press about vaccines.

After her infant got whooping cough, Hills reversed course, but claimed that she previously decided to do so.

Hills stated:

"It's very sobering and it's very raw because we had just recently made a more fully informed decisions about vaccinations. We had just defected from the anti-vaccination camp.

But it was, for whooping cough, it was too late. I mean, it's so ironic and I'm not beating myself up for it. I just hope that we can use this very painful experience to encourage other people like us to maybe re-examine the issue."

Hills is worried extended family members may have also been exposed to whooping cough from being around her children.

Hills wrote about her anti-vaxxer experience in a blog posting on TheScientificParent.org:

"We stopped because we were scared and didn’t know who to trust. Was the medical community just paid off puppets of a Big Pharma-Government-Media conspiracy? Were these vaccines even necessary in this day and age? Were we unwittingly doing greater harm than help to our beloved children? So much smoke must mean a fire so we defaulted to the 'do nothing and hope nothing bad happens' position

rest at link

Pfft. Yah, it's small comfort when anti-vax idiots get their comeuppance when they are endangering the lives of everyone around them.

I wish they could be quarantined and they can die in isolation from the rest of the population.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Re: Anti Vaxx gets a hard lesson or 7
April 10, 2015
What did she think was going to happen? Oh right - she was hoping for the best.

If all those kids smile rolling left righteyes2 get it her home is going to sound like a pen full of barking Walruses.

At least she gained some sense. Of course it took a sick child to bring her around. It is encouraging to see someone speaking out about this - maybe other parents will re think the anti vax idiocy.
Anonymous User
April 10, 2015
thom_c
Hills told CBC News that all seven children have shown signs of whooping cough and were told to take antibiotics and stay home.

Let that sink in for a bit: SEVEN brats. Why? Is Canada a third-world shithole with a high infant mortality rate? Is this 1801 and gol-durnit, someone's gotta help with the harvest?

There is no reason to bring SEVEN kids into this world. If you love babies so much, become a pediatric nurse. Otherwise, you're just a narcissistic asshat who can't figure out how a condom works.

thom_c
Hills is worried extended family members may have also been exposed to whooping cough from being around her children.

Anyone not related to them, however, can hork up a lung or two. No worries. thumbs upwink

You just KNOW most if not all of those little vermin were marching around in public while they were contagious, coughing and hacking with mouths wide open, grabbing everything they could touch with mucus-spattered little paws. Which is a disgusting concept, whether or not you're immune.

thom_c
"We stopped because we were scared and didn’t know who to trust. Was the medical community just paid off puppets of a Big Pharma-Government-Media conspiracy? {...}

I do have to sympathize with Moo here-- it can be difficult sometimes to figure out what is valid health information and what is the drivel of corporate shills.

However... knowing as you did that the world is like this and getting worse... you still desperately needed to bring SEVEN new lives into it?!

SMDH.
April 11, 2015
Too bad it wasn't polio! :biggrin2

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 11, 2015
So nice to know she's not beating herself up over it. She made an ill-informed, hysterical decision but she's not going to blame herself for the bad outcome.
April 11, 2015
yurble
So nice to know she's not beating herself up over it. She made an ill-informed, hysterical decision but she's not going to blame herself for the bad outcome.

(Sarcasm)

Whew !!
That is a total relief !
I was very worried that the moo might have a brief case of 'the sads' for potentially infecting hundreds of people who were exposed to her SEVEN non- vaccinated germ-vectors with whooping cough.

(/Sarcasm)
April 12, 2015
cassia
yurble

(Sarcasm)

Whew !!
That is a total relief !
I was very worried that the moo might have a brief case of 'the sads' for potentially infecting hundreds of people who were exposed to her SEVEN non- vaccinated germ-vectors with whooping cough.

(/Sarcasm)

Yeah, I mean, it's not like she could have prevented it or anything! She totally wasn't told of the possible consequences, like, at all!
April 12, 2015
Earlier today -

Early evening, I went to the store with friend. I mention the time because it was not during the day or right after school. There were still kids in there.

We go to get in line. Friend is eyeing the Self Checkouts. That is a flat out NO for me! I do not do self check out. I HATE THIS! You're (the store) making money off of me and then you expect me to WORK on top of it? NO. Plus these things never work right, you have to call for booze*, the attendant has to call another person, if something goes wrong you have to call the attendant, and then they have to call a supervisor, the things are DIRTY - just take a look at the surfaces on those things, ACK.

This is just an all around NO to me - I won't do it, I hate self check out.

I want a regular cashier who does that. They do it faster, it's more efficient, and they clean their areas.

So we go looking for a short line. Friend spies one - it's got a kid in a cart seat in it. Which is coughing. She points to that one, lets go to that one, it's shorter, she pokes me a couple of times and repeats this -

And I said - NO WAY - LOOK AT THAT KID THERE THAT'S COUGHING! I put this in caps because I said it LOUD AND CLEAR too - and I did not give ONE FUCK who heard me, either. And plenty did, too. Including the woman in front of me who laughed nervously.

I'm not about to pick up germs to save 2 minutes.

THAT KID IS COUGHING! Yes indeed I bellowed that right out. And EVERYBODY in the lines near us heard me. In fact the Moo tried to quiet the kid and said to it 'Don't do it on purpose'. Whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. Probably guessed that the kid kept coughing for attention, which Lurving, Nurturing, Moo would've likely kept providing - if she hadn't over heard what I said.

I remembered this thread, too. And Whooping Cough.

I will be dipped in dogshit before some ignorant Cow makes ME sick!

Yes, I'm badass and I shout things like this right out! Being tall (= Intimidating) helps immensely grinning smiley

* = one of these days, if I'm forced to use the self check out - I'm going to BELLOW 21! At the TOP OF MY LUNGS! grinning smiley
TWWEENNNNYYYYY WWONNNNNNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooo, I think I just found myself something to do for tomorrow aft. grinning smiley
April 12, 2015
gnocchi
Let that sink in for a bit: SEVEN brats. Why? Is Canada a third-world shithole with a high infant mortality rate? Is this 1801 and gol-durnit, someone's gotta help with the harvest?

There is no reason to bring SEVEN kids into this world. If you love babies so much, become a pediatric nurse. Otherwise, you're just a narcissistic asshat who can't figure out how a condom works.

Yeah, unfortunately here in Canada there are morons walking having huge litters. Usually their adherents to bronze-age tribal god images. smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
April 12, 2015
Reminds me of all these granola moos, feeding their young loaves raw milk. NATCHURAL OMG. One of my fields of study is human parasitology with special interest in parasitic protozoa. A while ago there was an outbreak of cryptosporidiosis, a nasty parasitic disease caused by the genus cryptosporidium. As with many other diseases, those who will be most severely affected are the elderly, children, and the immunocompromised. When I say severely affected, I mean that they may die. In any case, this outbreak was due to raw milk contaminated by cryptosporidium. One 3-year old boy died, because omg his moo had to be all natch. Fucking stupid bitches. If you behave like a brainless cuntbag, it will come and bite you in the ass. Same goes for these anti-vaxx moo whores. It's just shitty that innocent kids die due to moo stupidity.

BUT OMG VACCINES CAUZ AUTIZM OR WHATEVZ! Even if it was so, and there is no real scientific evidence to support this, would they really rather have their kids crippled by polio? Suffer mumps? Have measles, and possibly measles encephalitis due to long-term infection? Or rubella, which has components that may develop into viral pneumonia?

Well, I guess it's just fine and dandy to have your kids suffer and perhaps die needlessly because anti-vaxx idiot moos are selfish and arrogant enough to believe that their spawn will be healthier without vaccinations. Yep, keep thinking that, moocunt, and let your brood swill on raw milk. It'll come back and bite you in the ass, and the only thing I lament is that it's your kids that will pay the price, and not you. And that in your endless arrogance and stupidity, you put the public at risk for viral diseases that were nearly extinct. Fucking sadistic, uneducated, endangering breeders.
April 12, 2015
yurble

That struck me, too. Heaven forbid she take responsibility.
April 12, 2015
I wish she could be charged with reckless endangerment—for her brats and everyone else she exposed.

At the very least, sterilize the bitch and the dumbass who knocked her up 7 times.
April 12, 2015
thom_c
"We stopped because we were scared and didn’t know who to trust. Was the medical community just paid off puppets of a Big Pharma-Government-Media conspiracy? Were these vaccines even necessary in this day and age? Were we unwittingly doing greater harm than help to our beloved children? So much smoke must mean a fire so we defaulted to the 'do nothing and hope nothing bad happens' position

And this is what happens when anti-intellectualism is pushed, and people stop learning about the scientific process and critical thinking. You get people like this who believe that they have made an informed decision when all they have done is react hysterically to unscientific anecdotes perpetuated by a media which conflates neutrality with showing all perspectives, even if they are only held by a few people and are demonstrably false. Since ignorant morons appear to balance 'evidence' based on frequency of exposure, this media trend is as irresponsible and harmful as breeders who fall for the anti-vax nonsense.
April 12, 2015
yurble

Oh phew, that's a relief. Poor thing, she's obviously Suffered EnoughTM. I'm sure she didn't get sick with whooping cough because she probably had her childhood vaccinations.

I'm glad this stupid cunt learned something, but it sucks that it had to be at the cost of her brats' comfort. Pertussis isn't just a little annoying cough like bronchitis either. You can cough so hard that you can't breathe, vomit, have blood vessels burst and even ribs break. But this is, sadly, what it's going to take to make these anti-vaccination idiots take off the crunchy natchural blinders and understand that vaccines are not poison. And even then, it will only sway some parents; the rest will shrug and say it's better that they now have natural immunity rather than ebil, murderous, autism-causing shots.

Her ass should be grateful that her kids all got something that won't cause permanent damage.
April 13, 2015
keeper of traken
gnocchi

Yeah, unfortunately here in Canada there are morons walking having huge litters. Usually their adherents to bronze-age tribal god images. smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah, I was going to ask, Mormon or Catholic?
April 13, 2015
Sadly, Canada is generous at handing out welfare to famblees. The more brats one has, the bigger the check is. Plus healthcare is free. If snowflakes get horrible diseases, the gubmint ponies up the hard cash, Not the idiot genitors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login