Advanced

Excellent take on today's childrearing

Posted by JoJo 
Excellent take on today's childrearing
April 29, 2015
I came across this blog and enjoyed this article on today's parenting:

Link
Here's an excerpt:

When You Think God's Light Shines Out of Your Kid's Asshole.........You're Raising a Brat
(And Why It's Not Doing Your Kid Any Favors)

I have a friend who has a pithy way of describing certain adults. It's "That's someone who thinks God's Light shines out of their kid's asshole." It's a phrase he uses for parents who think their child is so great they let the kid do anything he/she wants to do. I love the turn of phrase because it's pointedly accurate. It's a criticism, not of the bratty kid, but of the piss-poor parenting which is what it takes to turn out a bratty kid. Brats are not of their own making. They're made by the adults around them.

Here's another link to a good article on that site:

Linky

Excerpt:

Truly Odd Parents:
Parents Who Take a Hard Job and Make It Harder

When it comes to modern parenting, there's one question that I have to ask. Do today's parents like to make extra work for themselves?

Because that's exactly what they do. They work and work and work to create more work for themselves. Parenting is a hard enough job as is. Why do so many of today's parents make it even harder?
Re: Excellent take on today's childrearing
April 30, 2015
That's a pretty good read, I enjoy stories where people stand up to dumb breeders mistakes
Re: Excellent take on today's childrearing
April 30, 2015
I absolutely think that breeders make much more work for themselves, specifically by being lazy parents. Take gentle discipline, for example. If the kid misbehaves, you yell at him or smack him. The more you use real discipline, the less often you'll have to use it because the kid will learn to fear what happens when he acts up. When you gently discipline (which isn't discipline at all), the kid learns that nothing happens when he acts like a shit, he keeps doing it, Moo constantly does her whole, "Please don't do that, Derpleigh. Thank youuuuu!" crap and the kid continues being a brat indefinitely.

Modern breeders refuse to discipline their kids (or even expect things from them) for a variety of reasons: fear that their child will hate them, being "scarred for life" from being disciplined by their own parents, or just plain laziness. As a result, they make tons more work for themselves compared to if they just slapped the kid across the face the first time it misbehaved. Parents don't tell their kids what to do anymore, they ask them to do things. Parents indulge their kids' bad habits in order to avoid arguments, explanations and tantrums because it's easier short-term (like giving a kid several choices for a meal versus you eat what I make or you starve).

This one line says it all:

They just won't because they don't have to, because their parents don't expect them to... Usually these are the same parents who inflate their children's egos. They think their kids are great, smart, talented, etc.

Bingo. Kids won't do shit because their parents don't have any expectations and don't hold them to standards. They're Mommy's pweshus widdle gifts from Gawd, and Mommy would much rather spoil and serve her darlings than establish rules and boundaries. My mother did similar shit with me. Needed someone to wake me up for school because I guess I was too dumb to know how to do it myself. She did my homework for me because she thought I couldn't handle it. I was never shown how to cook because I was seen as being too dumb to know how. And the best part is, despite never being shown any of these things (or not being allowed to learn when I wanted to), she would turn around and make fun of me or yell at me for being unable to do them. It was my fault that I "needed" her to do my homework for me, or why couldn't I be like Katie the farm girl and cook three-course meals? Why'd I have to be so stupid/lazy/useless? She refused to properly do her job and then blamed me for the outcome.

Not saying parenting is easy, but it could be easier than what the average breeder of today makes it out to be. Holding a child to standards isn't cruel or mean, nor is letting a kid learn shit the hard way and falling on his ass now and then. Breeders think they have to shield their kids from everything, ranging from a sense of responsibility to failure, and the end result is a kid who can't fucking do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login