Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That moment when...

Posted by aes sedai 
That moment when...
May 01, 2015
.....you think you've evaded all the breeders at Bobby's Burger Palace. You've grabbed a chair 2364327 light years away from the nearest brat and you can't help but smirk to yourself. You've got a Crunchburger on the way with a side of peace and quiet......

.....until some moo plants a screeching toadler right. The fuck. Next. To. You.

And just as you're going to stuff that orgasmic potato-chip-smothered burger in your mouth, not one but two piggos waddle into plain view.

And you happen to be tokophobic.

And said toadler needs multiple forms of entertainment before it puts a single bite of grilled cheese anywhere near its mouth.

And you realize you would have rather been home, reheating pizza and watching hockey in your slipper socks.
Re: That moment when...
May 01, 2015
This is why I never leave the house anymore. I'm paler than Dracula.
May 01, 2015
I need to know more about this place ~

So I looked it up. DO WANT ALL HAMBURGERS NOW!

We have Portillos here - throwing this on because they have now expanded, including to the 'US West' -

http://www.portillos.com/

And just look at that Italian Beef Sammich! Anyone here who cannot access the Italian Beef is being deprived of an *extremely important* dietary component!

It will put you into a food coma, too. Or, the double cheeseburger with everything. With that you want the onion rings, with the Italian Beef I usually get fries.

These places have a '50s theme', the one closest to me does and it's *always crowded*. And noisy. But - they have a drive through! Which is actually 2 lane and also so crowded that they have out door employees working it, the whole 'order board' / talk to the menu speaker has been bypassed by these people with head sets and mobile credit card readers. It's crazy. They do have *really good food*.

Would I want to go in there and eat? Not if it's crowded. And it pretty much always is.

And of course your 'burger places' are usually Famblee Friendly - so you can just guess who's going to be in there ~
smile rolling left righteyes2

Drive Through!
May 01, 2015
stillwaters
This is why I never leave the house anymore. I'm paler than Dracula.

You need an Italian Beef Sammich. Sweet peppers, double dipped.

thumbs upwink

This may be a 'regional thing' and restaurants in various areas may not have it. No worries, you can get it at the store -
One example -

http://www.papacharlies.com/?p=4

This looks kind of 'regional' also. There are other brands out there. Just Google 'Frozen Italian Beef'. All you have to do is thaw it and boil it up on the stove. You will also need green bell peppers and french bread (or sim). Slice up pepper and let it boil with the beef. Once heated enough - put on French bread or sim roll. Be sure to 'soak it' with the juices, also.

It's good for what ail's ya!

thumbs upwink

Good stuff!
May 01, 2015
Why did I have to go ahead and look at the Portillo's menu.....I think I just gained ten pounds through my eyeballs.

None of the really good burger places here have a drive-thru! Only McDonald's, Burger King, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with eating at those once in a blue moon either. I have a secret love affair going with McNuggets. But no drive-thru for Shake Shack, Smashburger or Bobby's. Sonic has it, and however much I love Sonic I have to steer clear because I've gotten sick every single time I've eaten there. I was actually planning to stay home tonight with my parrot and my slipper socks, but my cousin invited me out to the Booby Burger (which is what we call it because I heard, from someone who met him, that Bobby Flay is a total boob). Next time I ought to put on a space suit and noise-cancellng headphones before I go to those places.
May 02, 2015
aes sedai
Why did I have to go ahead and look at the Portillo's menu.....I think I just gained ten pounds through my eyeballs.

It's moving Westward ~
Be on the look out ~
May 02, 2015
my god YES I've been here in that moment so many fricken times, I could just up and slap the new moo who wants to plonk her kids next to me and leave it while she go's and stands in line, when its just me, and this happends, I walk off, then watch from far away as she turns to look back at the brats from in line, and freaks out when her designated random bystander babysitter has vanished, and new less appealing bystander sitter has moved into nearby seats to the unattended children.

these days when im with others and cant move, I just take to saying my thoughts on the idiot and her brood loud enough for her to overhear, if she stays, I bust out the most inaproriate foul mouthed storys I can think of, just to make sure the little ones learn a few new words that they'll say on repeat to everyone they meet over the next few days, this normally just gians me foul looks from the moo as if she's trying to say "clearly there are children present why would to say such things" even though I was there first and gave verbal warning.

other more with it moos actually get up and say to their kids "its a bit noisy over hear, lets move to another seat", at which point I change my conversation to a more enjoyable one, and end up with yet another moo sit down nearby, and start again.
Anonymous User
May 03, 2015
exile
my god YES I've been here in that moment so many fricken times, I could just up and slap the new moo who wants to plonk her kids next to me and leave it while she go's and stands in line, when its just me, and this happends, I walk off, then watch from far away as she turns to look back at the brats from in line, and freaks out when her designated random bystander babysitter has vanished, and new less appealing bystander sitter has moved into nearby seats to the unattended children.

these days when im with others and cant move, I just take to saying my thoughts on the idiot and her brood loud enough for her to overhear, if she stays, I bust out the most inaproriate foul mouthed storys I can think of, just to make sure the little ones learn a few new words that they'll say on repeat to everyone they meet over the next few days, this normally just gians me foul looks from the moo as if she's trying to say "clearly there are children present why would to say such things" even though I was there first and gave verbal warning.

other more with it moos actually get up and say to their kids "its a bit noisy over hear, lets move to another seat", at which point I change my conversation to a more enjoyable one, and end up with yet another moo sit down nearby, and start again.

I'll definitely try this the next time such a situation arises. waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login