Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

23 Responses to 23 Awful Statements Made to Childfree People

Posted by gnarler 
23 Responses to 23 Awful Statements Made to Childfree People
June 06, 2015
The title of this sounds like every silly CF "feature" that has come out since 10+ years ago. But, I found this really entertaining and well-written. I like this.

http://bigthink.com/against-the-new-taboo/23-responses-to-23-awful-statements-made-to-childfree-people

Sorry if this is a repeat, I've never seen this before.
"The size of that house and just the two of you? It's a waste of space."

I would point it out that she could have a big house too if she didn't spent all her money on kids grinning smiley
Re: 23 Responses to 23 Awful Statements Made to Childfree People
June 06, 2015
VERY GOOD!!!

thumbs upwink
It's all very good.
I especially like the HuffPo follow up.

I would like to add one too.
I had an unpleasant encounter with a really idiotic he-breeder.
He was nasty, he told me shit like he did something for the future
and for the country because he had a daughter and I avoided the
responsibility, saved my money and had no chyld.
I only told him that this is all bullshit.
Later, I got an idea what to say in a such situation.
I should have said: I know your daughter, she is always outside, riding a bike.
She better doesn't have a serious accident. Then she would die and you will be
without chyld like me!

When someone tells me "I have chyldren and you don't", I will tell
him something along those lines.
The worst fear the hardcore breeders have is that their chyldren die
and they won't be having anything to carry as their badge of honour.
Re: 23 Responses to 23 Awful Statements Made to Childfree People
June 08, 2015
My responses.

1. "Bad decision" is very subjective.
2. The meaning of life is live life to the fullest. It is the deadliest STD after all. Just make the most of it.
3. I have always have cats ever since I was a baby. I've been around cats from day one. Life without cats is loveless and empty with more depression. Cats have unconditional love.
4. Again "selfish" is very objective. Isn't donating money to charity selfish because it makes you feel good? Or what about giving your time to a non-profit because that makes you feel good too.
5. Bitch please a symptom of bipolar depression and or PMS is tiredness.
6. I have never played with baby dolls ever. I have no maternal instincts at all. The right man er I mean person of an unidentified gender identity will be asexual/low sex drive and no parental instincts.
7. Aren't we all just waiting for our time on this rock orbiting the sun?
8. My mom has always wanted children.
9. Stop being so subjective! The best things in life could be anything. It could be an American doctor saving lives of Africans with ebola, a search and rescue pilot, or a therapist for the suicidal on a hotline.
10. No comment.
11. You mean heteronormative cisgender woman thing. Just because I have two XX chromosomes, breast, a vagina, and am femme presenting does not make me a woman. I am not a woman, but a person.
12. Regret passing on my severe astigmatism, early onset bipolar, and autism. Lol no!
13. Again "normal" is very subjective. Please stop being so subjective! I'm happy the way that God made me.
14. No comment.
15. I am a train wreck, two airplanes colliding, a hurricane, an earthquake, and an atomic bomb all at the same time when I stop taking my meds. I was telling my new psychologist about before I was medicated, so that brought up a lot of memories that I would like to forget. Even medicated I would be very strict. No TV.
16.LOLWUT? You have not been listening this entire time.
17. I don't think so. Again are you even listening to me?
18. Please shut up. Stop reading from a script.
19. I might have a husband or wife. Really kind of depends what they want to be called. I would want to be called spouse or something gender neutral
20. No comment.
21. I love my parents, my brother, all of my cats--deceased and living.
22. I never had THAT kind of biological clock. My other one is kind of messed up due to swing shifts and being a night owl.
23. I am a very independent woman just like my mom. I plan on living to be a centenarian. I know about living a healthy lifestyle. My 401K will take care of me. It keeps on snowballing. I have so much fun watching it grow. My return rate to date is 15%.

Bonus round.
1. Me, myself, and I. My 401K plan. I plan on living a healthy lifestyle and being active every step of my life. There are many aliments that we can prevent as we age.
2. I hate dumb, selfish, greedy, ignorant, materialistic, stupid, apathetic, present thinking people if that is what you mean AKA sheeple. I am disappointed in humanity because we have so much potential for good and great things, but yet we chose not to use it.
3. I am an environmentalist. I never liter, use reusable bags, have a sodastream, eat less meat and dairy, pay bills online, buy second hand electronics, etc. I care about future generations and what their life would be like because this is the only planet we have. I heard that living on Mars, the moon, and in space sucks.
4. I am trying to make the most of what God has blessed me with and what He gave me.
5. What part of early onset bipolar, autism, and severe astigmatism don't you understand. I now like wearing my glasses thanks to the anime Bleach. My meds have made me near normal.
6. No comment.
7. I may be a biological woman, but I identify as genderqueer.I may look like a woman on the outside, but on the inside I am more manly. I would love to be genderneutral. I want a genderneutral name so fucking bad.
8. I haven't even tried at all.
9. My mother would rather have my brother and I be childfree because we have no parental instincts whatsoever. She would have to take care of them.
10. Shut up.
11. I have a mom, dad, and a brother. Aren't they my family?
12. My mom would slap you if you were to say that to her. As she always says that women are a lot more than baybee machines. My mom doesn't like big families. I have noticed that American breeders have more brats have many kiva borrowers in third world countries without birth control.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login