Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Men deserve more contraceptive options

Posted by yurble 
Men deserve more contraceptive options
July 02, 2015
This article discusses the need for men to have more options to ensure reproductive freedom. Many of the reasons given are rather natalist ones, but that's no surprise given that the piece is trying to sell the idea to a broader audience.

The points that I think are important are that condoms have a high failure rate compared to female contraceptive options, men have few contraceptive options, and vasectomies don't have to be covered by health insurance in the U.S. For the CF man the last point is most likely to be relevant, but I'd still like to see men have more options (a) because it is about reproductive freedom, and (b) so there will be no legitimate reason to complain about oopsies and we can call it reproductive abuse when it happens.
Re: Men deserve more contraceptive options
July 02, 2015
If there is any opposition to the concept of more male contraceptive options, it'll be coming from Moos and wanna-Moos who can no longer oops their partners. It does suck for the guys when their only options are condoms or the snip - condoms take away a lot of sensation (though I have heard female condoms are a little better feeling-wise for men) and a vasectomy can cost money the guy doesn't have and/or he might just not want to breed right this second. Though I think the condom failure rate of one in six is kind of steep. Then again, that goes by "normal use" and not "perfect use." Most people seem to think that using a condom six days out of the week is effective and that they can go bareback on day seven with no consequences because they're stupid.

You'd think with all the other things medicine and science can do for us and our health, they'd have come up with more male contraceptives a long time ago. It's about time guys are able to take control of their fertility without having to hope their girlfriends aren't lying, baby-rabid cunts who are flushing their BC pills when he's not looking.

I think when we see reliable, affordable, readily available male contraception, we might also see a much needed decline in birth rate. No more oopses, no more "happy accidents," nada. There may even be a decrease in the number of abortions. I mean, men will have to actually use these things for them to be effective, but if they do it right, there might be a few less unwanted bastards in this country. But there will probably be a lot more mooing from women whose men won't give them any babbies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login