Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"As a mum" bingo response

Posted by trekkie monster 
"As a mum" bingo response
July 23, 2015
I've heard the best response to the "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS" bingo, or its variation "AS A MUM..."./"AS A FATHER..."/"AS A PARENT...".

You preface your response with "As a retired child...", and then rip the whinging moron to shreds.

Example:
- Shitley won't eat healthy food, I have to take her to McDonalds, so that she can have something to eat.
~ Just take the junk food away, and explain to the kid, that it won't be getting junk food, unless it eats regular food as well.
- As a mum, I can tell you that there is nothing that can be done, when a child refuses to eat his food!! You'll understand when you have kids of your own!!!
~ As a retired child, I must object to your assessment. ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Re: "As a mum" bingo response
July 23, 2015
Ha, I love it! I'll have to use that the next time grinning smiley I don't come across the 'As a mum' type very often, but when I do, I'll remember this.

Similarly, whenever someone says to me "oh, it's for kyds really, isn't it?" when referring to video games or Xmas or anything fun, I always say "Well, we're all someone's kyd..."
July 23, 2015
I think typical moos' understanding of the fact that everyone who once was a kyd can at least somewhat understand what a kyd maybe be feeling flies out the window as soon as they squat one out. No, I don't pretend to get parenting because I have no interest in doing it myself. But if you moan to me that your spawn has PTSD and I try to reason out loud what BrayJayLeighTon is going through, don't shake your finger at me and tell me I'm trying to parent your pweshus. I told you I have no interest in parenting; rather, I lost my dad very young and went through PTSD myself. Could it be (shock) that even as a CF person I actually understand something about your kyd that you don't--not as a breeder or wannabreed, but as a human being?

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
July 23, 2015
Parenst like that don't realize that everyone was a kid once. Apparently they don't even remember their own childhood. There must be some pregnancy hormones that erase all remnants of their pre-pregnancy existence from their minds.
July 23, 2015
I have noticed that the types who rush into parenthood seem to have a rather poor memory of their own childhood. They often remember it as sunshine and roses, or at least that is the impression I get from some of the exceptionally stupid things they say. Since they've completely forgotten what childhood is actually like, they probably do think no adult can have clear memories of childhood which they are able to analyze from the perspective of adulthood.
July 23, 2015
Yeah, I remember my chyldhood and I sure as hell didn't want anyone like me under foot. LOL
July 24, 2015
sure i had amnesia for a year at 18 thanks to a bad crash, so i cant remember much of my teens, but i can remember my childhood clear as day, i do mean as clear as the day i lived it, i know how much my sibling and i put our parents though, its a miracle we never set the house on fire or wound up in hospital for the crazy dangerous stuff we did.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2015
Of all the bingoes out there this has to be the one that winds me up the most. The worst is when they wade in with the 'as a parent' on a subject that has nothing to do with parenting, like it gives them some kind of authority. Give me a break. It makes me very stabby, so very stabby.

I might try this tactic in future or preface my response with something irrelevant such as ' as a right handed person, I think that.....'.
July 24, 2015
"As a mum..."

- Thank you for the disclaimer - I now know that your opinion can not be unbiased. All that you say will be relevant to your kids and not the kids of others. Very few parents are able to make an unbiased opinion because let's face it, after having a kid around someone 24/7, very few can survive without changing.
July 24, 2015
"and it is parents like you who reinforce my decision to remain childfree."

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login