Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:faint "How dare she yell at me for not stopping my crotchfruit from stealing?"

Posted by ouabain 
Looks like people are learning from that larcenous moo from Wail-Mart...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/whats-with-all-of-the-grumpy-old-mothers/story-fnet08ui-1227456446386

And so began the Great Grape Debate*.
Me vs. Grumpy Old Mother.
The exchange isn’t the point. (I have no doubt most people will be divided in opinion as to whether supermarket grapes can be ‘tried and tested’ or not).

There is no debate and there is no division in opinion, your chyuld is a fucking budding thief and you need to eliminate such behavior before it gets put in jail.

But what did take me aback was my accuser’s enthusiasm to yell at me and my child.
“It’s illegal!” she shouted.
It turns out, I’m not alone. Many mothers face abuse and unwelcome parenting advice from strangers. Even other mothers. Mostly, Grumpy Old Mothers (GOMs).

OH NOES, mean lady yelled at you for letting shitsack commit a misdemeanor! Bitch, we all know you apathetic, supercilious mombies do not respond to polite advice.

Who are these grumps? Where do they come from? Were they once normal, lovely, doing-their-best mothers? Do we all morph into GOMs?

They are still "normal, lovely, doing-their-best mothers" because newsflash, they bother to parent their children!

If someone was truly convinced that my ‘shoplifting toddler’ was a problem to other customers and a threat to the potential profit of the supermarket, I believe that complaint should have been directed to me with subtlety or even to the store manager.

How daft can you get? You obviously know it IS a problem, and if too many of your brethren start robbing supermarkets, the prices will increase. But maybe it doesn't bother you because you'll just go "ew they are so pricey so we're JUSTIFIED in stealing"! By the way, not all managers are nice and fwendly breeder-panderers... watch it!

As any mum will tell you, motherhood isn’t always joyous. Spending the morning with your child, enjoying a pat with a friendly dog or eating pancakes at a cafe may just be the only little lovely time a mother gets with her child all day. All week. Or, all month. Let her love it. And if you truly have a problem with it, on behalf of all mums — mind your own business.
Here's an idea... bond at home, or bond outside IF AND ONLY IF you and your larva can avoid being a menace to society.

*For those concerned about the Great Grape Debate — you’d be happy to know my local supermarket has developed a new ‘free fruit for kids’ bucket at the beginning of the fruit and veg aisle. Winning.
Better watch the prices of everything else, bitch.

But what did take me aback was my accuser’s enthusiasm to yell at me and my child.
“It’s illegal!” she shouted.
It turns out, I’m not alone. Many mothers face abuse and unwelcome parenting advice from strangers. Even other mothers. Mostly, Grumpy Old Mothers (GOMs).

Did anyone catch that, moos don't like getting given unwelcome advice, who would known, what with all the unwelcome advice they give everyone else.

Free fruit cups for kids.. Can I guess where the store picks up the slack to cover the cost of this, what about the newly sticky baskets/trollys/floors, the spilt fruit, left behind utensils and cup.
"As any mum will tell you, motherhood isn’t always joyous. Spending the morning with your child, enjoying a pat with a friendly dog or eating pancakes at a cafe may just be the only little lovely time a mother gets with her child all day. All week. Or, all month. Let her love it. And if you truly have a problem with it, on behalf of all mums — mind your own business."

It's not anyone else's problem that it blows to spend much of your time with your kid -- you chose to have a child, so the onus is on you to deal with it.

Besides, I doubt even eating pancakes at a cafe is, as you say, "full of joy" when offspring come along. It seems that they don't sit still, make a lot of noise and, by the time YOU actually get a bite of your own food, it's cold. I'll enjoy my food hot, and the act of eating it at my leisure, thanks.

My understanding is that getting brats to even eat food they said they wanted is a power struggle. They will take 3 bites, claim to be full, then whine for more food later. God, I'd hate that BS. Brats are naturally egotistical, so they want to feel power and control. Patience level: Zero.

We're supposed to go to my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, tomorrow. I'll let you know how wonderful it is to only worry about feeding myself, and have a nice, relaxing conversation with my partner.

Unfortunately, OG is often infested with loaves -- and not the yummy kind -- but, luckily for us, we can tolerate wails, provided they're not in close proximity.
Not only is stealing grapes a crime, it's also gross as hell. I don't want to buy grapes that have had sticky brat hands rubbed on them. Brats are such disease vectors, they have questionable hygiene, and they touch everything. Shame on moo for encouraging this. two faces puking

Also
"(I have no doubt most people will be divided in opinion as to whether supermarket grapes can be ‘tried and tested’ or not)."
That's just nuts, if it doesn't have "sample", "free", or "take one", on it, you shouldn't "try and test" it. That's just the law. If in doubt, ask someone who works there.

And brat only samples :crz, seriously? The brats aren't the people buying the product. I seem to recall Sam's club having the opposite (no samples for little kids without parents approval).
Heaven forbid you criticize a moo! Kyds are always kyoot and wuvable even when they're tearing the place down! thumbs updown

videogamesforeverkidsnever
We're supposed to go to my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, tomorrow. I'll let you know how wonderful it is to only worry about feeding myself, and have a nice, relaxing conversation with my partner.

Yes indeed. I don't get why so many people think restaurants are all about the fambleez.:drool

Good point artemis. Not to mention they'll look absolutely disgusting after being mutilated like that. Moo thinks she can get away with it, though. sarcastic clapping
i didn't think of this before, but i used to work in a fruit and veg warehouse, for starters, after what i saw in the warehouse, i'd advise anyone to wash their fruit and veg before consuming, regardless. but we were told, if you want to eat a little bit of the fruit, take a few from multiple boxes, otherwise, one box will be substantially cheaper to sell when weighed, and customers (store owners), do weigh their stock when it arrives, to make sure they got what they ordered, and that the correct weights per quantity is applied to the price,

so if a kid go's about eating handfuls of fruit out of boxes and bags of smaller items, in store, they weigh less when scanned, and cost the store more then they are getting in return. a local store near me implemented sealed bags for grapes, to prevent this, only after a moo got to the check out with an empty bag of grapes, that she'd been eating for the past hour of shopping, and then couldn't ring up a price, so she asked an attendant if they could throw the bag out for her, instead they went and got a bag of grapes and scanned it onto her list, at which point she was outraged, and offended.

thieving idiots.
I would understand the woman tasting a grape or two (to see if they are sour) out of the bags that are open and weighed by the pound, but letting a toddler just eat out of one is stealing. I work at a store and this behavior is fairly common, and I'm guessing because it isn't coming out of their pocket, somehow it's 'O.K.'

I think it's the rise of borderline narcissistic behavior that produces this, the 'My child is special because it came out of me,' and 'The rules don't apply to me or my child.'
And don't forget that one can slip easily on a dropped grape.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login