Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-Vax Moo kidnaps daughter to prevent vaccination

Posted by Cambion 
Anti-Vax Moo kidnaps daughter to prevent vaccination
August 04, 2015
http://www.newser.com/story/210769/mom-arrested-in-anti-vaccine-kidnapping.html

The gist is that Moo took off with her toddler (thus violating a custody order) because she didn't want her child to be vaccinated and "brainwashed." Also, Moomie wanted to home-school (since she's obviously batting a thousand in the brain function and sanity departments) and Duh did not. Moo did not want her kid to learn about black history either, but only to learn about the proud white 'Murican South.

So anti-school, anti-vax and racist. Sounds like a delightful individual to be raising the future! And of course this happened in Florida! Show of hands, who's surprised?

Article
(Newser) – Florida sheriff's deputies said today they have arrested Megan Everett, 23, who allegedly kidnapped her 3-year-old daughter last year to ensure she wouldn't be vaccinated, the Florida Times Union reports. Everett's landlady apparently saw them on the CNN show "The Hunt with John Walsh" and turned them in. It all began last year in Sunrise, Fla., when Everett didn't return daughter Lilly Baumann to her dad, Robert Baumann, as part of their custody agreement, the Sun-Sentinel reported at the time. Everett boyfriend Carlos Lesters said she had left only a note: "If I let them take her and vaccinate her and brainwash her, I wouldn't be doing what's right," it read. "I cannot let a judge tell me how my daughter should be raised. We will miss you. But I had to leave."

But Baumann says vaccination wasn't the only issue between them: "She wanted to home-school my daughter," he says. "I didn't want that to happen. She didn't want Lilly to learn about black history. She just wanted her to learn about the Confederacy." As it happens, Carlos is described in court papers as a gun enthusiast who loves the Confederate flag and has family in the South. As for vaccinations, "I think she wanted to keep her from being vaccinated because that would keep her out of day care," (so vaccinations would keep her out of daycare, or not being vaccinated would?) Baumann says. Now Lilly is with her dad again, and Everett is in Putnam County jail on no bail on charges of interference with custody, concealing minors contrary to a court order, and kidnapping.
Re: Anti-Vax Moo kidnaps daughter to prevent vaccination
August 05, 2015
So she didn't want the kid "brainwashed," but she's going to homeschool her? Methinks she needs a dictionary before she becomes a teacher....
Re: Anti-Vax Moo kidnaps daughter to prevent vaccination
August 06, 2015
Yeah, and she didn't want to vaccinate because she didn't want the kid in daycare thus "forcing" her to be a single stay at home moo, probably.

On edit... I didn't realize she was the non custodial pahrunt.

August 06, 2015

Click here to login