Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moms narrating what you're doing.

Moms narrating what you're doing.
August 08, 2015
I've been meaning to post about this and finally remembered to do so.

I was on a road trip a while back and stopped at a gas station to use a convenience store's bathroom. I made my way to the sink to wash my hands when a mom and toddler came up behind me and waited for me to finish.

I have social anxiety, and get a little nervous when people are behind me, as I feel I have to hurry, so they don't get upset with me for bein' too slow.

The mother then says, "Yep -- she's washing her hands." I get that, in the grand scheme of life, such an incident doesn't matter, but wanted to share anyway on the chance that even one other member found it interesting.

Anyone else have this happen to them or feel a bit perturbed by it?
Re: Moms narrating what you're doing.
August 08, 2015
I was hiking this narrow trail when this famblee was coming up from the valley."We have to let this lady pass, OK? See she's coming down the stairs, stepping on that rock..." etc etc. The kid was old enough to know what the hell was going on without a play-by-play commentary. I think breeders like to think they're imparting some great wisdom to their offspring, but it just sounds annoying! My parents never taught, they just did and trusted I was smart enough to learn how to navigate this world.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 08, 2015
Wow, that's kind of creepy. (ominous voice): they're watching your every move! :goggle
August 09, 2015
Hell if I can remember if the stranger's brat was old enough to know what was going on but I do think that it was out of diapers.

I just don't like attention being drawn to me, I guess -- unless it's a super hot much older man, that is!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login