Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everybody Loves Raymond- Meddling Marie

Posted by golden commando 
Everybody Loves Raymond- Meddling Marie
August 08, 2015
I was watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" with my family a few days ago, and I fully realized how much I hated the character of Marie. Robert had broken up with his girlfriend Amy, and Marie was pissed because she had completely planned both of their lives, even how many spawn they'd have. She says, "When I met Amy she didn't even want kids, I just now got her wanting four!". Then she turns to Robert and says, "Look at him, no wife, no kids-he's pathetic!" Hearing this, Robert snaps and delivers an epic verbal beatdown to Marie, and proudly strides from the house.
I've hated this woman with a passion, and it was nice to see her plans frustrated. I mean, really, coercing a man's wife to have, not one, but four kids, and then insulting him when he gets sick of being a puppet?!

mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
Re: Everybody Loves Raymond- Meddling Marie
August 08, 2015
Marie is a true representation of acid dripping, sadistic and emotionally abusive parent, who needs to be smacked on the forehead with a large dildo. She represents what majority of people who have kids really stand for.
August 10, 2015
Techie
Marie is a true representation of acid dripping, sadistic and emotionally abusive parent, who needs to be smacked on the forehead with a large dildo. She represents what majority of people who have kids really stand for.

She's an absolute control freak who can't just leave things alone. I've run into a few Maries in my lifetime. Sadly, she is what many parents are these days. She has the traits of a narcissistic parent as well.
August 10, 2015
That show, and Marie in particular, hit a lot of nerves in people and many found it hit too close to home to be funny. In real life Debra could not have put up with that without becoming a raging alcoholic or zoned out on Valium. When Robert got married you knew Amy was going to be the golden daughter in law and it would be even worse for Debra. Yet, Robert was the scapegoat son. Such spot on famblee dysfunction. It's got to be based on someone's real life.
August 10, 2015
I never liked this show because I couldn't get past hating almost all the characters. Marie was a typical meddling moo but in my eyes the sons were even worse. Spineless, pathetic, pussy mama's boys who had to live either with her or right across from her. Adult babies still sucking at the parental tit. The wife wasn't much better. She needed to grow a spine, get a job and put her foot down by insisting mommy dearest be banned from the house until they could move or she was leaving. I know it was a sitcom and designed to be funny but I just don't find a bunch of whiny, codependent adults well over the age of 30 amusing.
August 10, 2015
I could not watch much of that show either. Too real and too aggravating. There was nothing really funny about. Just a sad drama.
August 10, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
I never liked this show because I couldn't get past hating almost all the characters. Marie was a typical meddling moo but in my eyes the sons were even worse. Spineless, pathetic, pussy mama's boys who had to live either with her or right across from her. Adult babies still sucking at the parental tit. The wife wasn't much better. She needed to grow a spine, get a job and put her foot down by insisting mommy dearest be banned from the house until they could move or she was leaving. I know it was a sitcom and designed to be funny but I just don't find a bunch of whiny, codependent adults well over the age of 30 amusing.

I totally agree with everything you said! thumbs upwink

I've never understood why that show was so popular. Who thinks that shit is funny? Plus that Raymond guy was making something like $60 million a year toward the end of the series. WTF.
August 10, 2015
I can't watch that show. It's the definition of insipid.

August 11, 2015
blondie
That show, and Marie in particular, hit a lot of nerves in people and many found it hit too close to home to be funny. In real life Debra could not have put up with that without becoming a raging alcoholic or zoned out on Valium. When Robert got married you knew Amy was going to be the golden daughter in law and it would be even worse for Debra. Yet, Robert was the scapegoat son. Such spot on famblee dysfunction. It's got to be based on someone's real life.

That show is just too real.
August 11, 2015
It didn't hit close to home for me at all other than knowing people who act just like this pack of losers and then whine about it. Ugh, I just want to smack them in the head and tell them to grow up. That whole show was one big whine fest. I just can't with people like that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login