Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

morning sickness smackdown FDA

Posted by thom_c 
morning sickness smackdown FDA
August 11, 2015
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/fda-issues-warning-over-kim-kardashians-drug-promotions/ar-BBlEPXl?ocid=iehp

FDA issues warning over Kim Kardashian's drug promotions

WASHINGTON (AP) — Reality TV star Kim Kardashian is no stranger to criticism, having spent the better part of the last decade in the public eye. But she's probably never faced negative publicity like this before: The Food and Drug Administration says Kardashian's social media posts violate federal drug-promotion rules.

Kardashian recently began promoting a prescription pill to treat morning sickness through her social media accounts. Such endorsement deals are relatively common for celebrities. In posts to Instagram and Facebook earlier this month Kardashian talks about her struggles with nausea due to pregnancy.

"I tried changing things about my lifestyle, like my diet, but nothing helped, so I talked to my doctor," the post states. "He prescribed me #Diclegis, and I felt a lot better and most importantly, it's been studied and there was no increased risk to the baby."

Kardashian has over 42 million followers on Instagram and 25 million on Facebook.

The posts link to a company website that includes the FDA-approved labeling information.

Kardashian is five months pregnant with her second child, a boy, with husband Kanye West.

But FDA regulators say the posts violate rules for promoting drugs because they don't mention side effects of Diclegis, which include sleepiness that can make it dangerous to drive or perform other activities that require mental alertness. The drug label warns that Diclegis should not be combined with alcohol or other medications that cause drowsiness, such as sleeping aids or certain pain relievers.

rest at link

thom_c
"I tried changing things about my lifestyle, like my diet, but nothing helped, so I talked to my doctor," the post states. "He prescribed me #Diclegis, and I felt a lot better and most importantly, it's been studied and there was no increased risk to the baby."

Hey Kim Kartrashian, here's a thought: the only lifestyle change you can make to cure this not getting knocked up again. Too late.

I'm getting especially incensed reading this because I suffered from morning sickness for years due to severe hormonal issues. Almost every day in high school, like clockwork, I had to duck out of my first-period class and bolt to the bathroom. My teachers got suspicious that I could have been doing anything from drugs to attempting suicide. At the time I had no diagnosis and no idea that anything more was wrong than puberty being turbulent. This was not a choice.

Kim, :bedmadelie

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
Re: morning sickness smackdown FDA
August 12, 2015
Kim Kartrashian
"I tried changing things about my lifestyle, like my diet, but nothing helped"

Abortion would help
August 12, 2015
Even Faux News people are sick of the Kardashians.

Link
August 14, 2015
aes sedai

I'm getting especially incensed reading this because I suffered from morning sickness for years due to severe hormonal issues. Almost every day in high school, like clockwork, I had to duck out of my first-period class and bolt to the bathroom. My teachers got suspicious that I could have been doing anything from drugs to attempting suicide. At the time I had no diagnosis and no idea that anything more was wrong than puberty being turbulent. This was not a choice.

Kim, :bedmadelie

I have IBS and one of my symptoms is morning sickiness. It was until high school that I realized it was NOT normal to be nauseous everyday until mid morning and puke 2-3 mornings a week. It has gotten somewhat better with age but I still deal with it. I took part in a circadian sleep cycle experiment in college. If I went without the 'day/night' cycle my symptoms were some what reduced but occurred at odd intervals. With an adjusted day/nite cycle my symptoms followed the morning sickness pattern, even if morning was actually say 2pm outside the sleep habitat. So I guess that means my circadian rhythm is fucked...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login