Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mom admits what I've observed for years: it's middle school all over again

Posted by randomcfchick 
http://www.scarymommy.com/new-motherhood-is-just-like-middle-school/

Yeah, sign me up for THAT decade or two of bullshit. smile rolling left righteyes2

Of course, if I opened my big CF mouth and told a mom the exact same things, in neutral, non-inflammatory language, I'd get roasted for it. But if a fellow mom says it, it's ironic and hilarious and true.
Who needs this kind of drama and bullshit in their life? Count me out.
I love being the one person in the mommy filled room who knows it without having to LIVE it first. It brings me much joy to know that. I already knew this too. I know a lot of things.. And mommies don't believe it.. Until they live it. Then they come crawling on their bellies wondering how I know. Never ceases to delight me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: Mom admits what I've observed for years: it's middle school all over again
December 29, 2014
Have you guys read some of the confessional at that site?

"After the conversation I just had with DH I know we will never have any more children. Fuck him, but mostly fuck me for marrying him And ruining my life. - See more at: http://www.scarymommy.com/confessions/page/2/#sthash.K4iYOg5Y.dpuf

What a bitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
Oh but... we don't know anything because we're not parunts... donchaknow

We know because we keep our head out of our croch long enough to really SEE what's going on.

Freekin placenta brained beotches.

(it's good to have a place to come and vent) ranting
Re: Mom admits what I've observed for years: it's middle school all over again
December 29, 2014
That's because most breeders are still at a middle school intelligence level. Witness the terrible grammar and spelling, the petty in-fighting, the self-absorption. They breed because it doesn't require intelligence. It's the easy way out of life.

Also, I'm offended that this blogger sees animal advocacy as a stupid preteen preoccupation. Maybe if she could look past her own baby belly, she'd see how truly terrible it is for all other living beings in the world.
Any moo that tells me I don't know how it is, all I'm going to say in return is, "Yeah, I do, because I lurk on your 9,000,001 forums and confessionals online and see all the dark thoughts you don't dare verbalize in the real world."

Inane social wars like formula vs. breastfeeding, public school vs. private school vs. homeschooling vs. "unschooling," living in the city vs. living in the suburbs vs. living in the sticks, spanking vs. no spanking, "gentle discipline" vs. authoritative parenting, etc. I have no time for that. That cuts into my "sitting around because I have no fucking kids" time.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Good Lord, and they wonder why we don't sign up for this shit.
paragon schnitzophonic
Inane social wars like formula vs. breastfeeding, public school vs. private school vs. homeschooling vs. "unschooling," living in the city vs. living in the suburbs vs. living in the sticks, spanking vs. no spanking, "gentle discipline" vs. authoritative parenting, etc. I have no time for that. That cuts into my "sitting around because I have no fucking kids" time.

That sounds like deep, philosophical banter right there. smile rolling left righteyes2

I'd be more amused debating Coke vs. Pepsi or "Tastes Great" vs. "Less Filling."
StudioFiftyFour
paragon schnitzophonic

That sounds like deep, philosophical banter right there. smile rolling left righteyes2

I'd be more amused debating Coke vs. Pepsi or "Tastes Great" vs. "Less Filling."

Or we could play the fun game called "let's find the common ground between the New Testament and satanism". Quite fun and difficult! (I study left hand path religions for the shits and giggles) I would love to see one of those breeders even FOLLOW that conversation!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
It is funny how much insight we have on these topics.

For me personally, now that some of my moo friends kids are now college aged, their hormone induced stupor of excuse-ridden over-senstive over-reactions to my comments have now been welcomed and answered w/ " yeah, I shouldn't have done everything for Bratley and they would be more independent now" or, "I shouldn't have driven them everywhere because now they dont even know how to go out and play w/o me leading the activity."

Yeah, I told you that 10 years ago, chump.
StudioFiftyFour
paragon schnitzophonic

Youre both hilarious. waving hellolarious
StudioFiftyFour
Who needs this kind of drama and bullshit in their life? Count me out.

You will have it when you work in the food service industry, one reason being there are a lot of breeders there too. I feel really bad for anyone who has any intelligence at all who happens to work in the food industry.
That mom said a person can't lone wolf through middle school but I, for one, did lone wolf through my school years. I liked my teachers more than my peers and I wasn't happy being pushed into peer group projects.
OMG --- What a truly miserable group of women - tell me again what I'm missing smile rolling left righteyes2

Time for another cup of tea. I'll put my feet up on the white chaise lounger (yes, I love white furniture) and hubby & I will find something to watch on tv on this cold, snowy night. Perhaps he'd like a hot chocolate - I'll surprise him.

Ya --- CF is baaaaaaaaaaaaad ... waving hellolarious
paragon schnitzophonic

Don't forget natural birth vs. cesearean sections
I provided a chat room for folk I know (long story). We recently attracted some breeder brain who can hardly type one sentence without dragging one of the crotch turds into it.
From the information this girl has given:
a) she started out as an almost stupid teenage moocunt. Got married at 20 to a guy who was (supposedly) abusive. dropped a loaf, and was divorced by age 25. In the space of a few years she is a shack up whore to some guy with 2 brats of his own and is easily twice her age (I have heard some stats where the greater the difference in age the greater the CHANCE!! of a divorce). Naturally she had another hump and dump with this guy. (His job hardly keeps him at home....hmmmmm).
She mentioned that she is going to some 'famblee' reunion and that they hate her latest humpanddump.
Talk about psychological misdirection and shunting of consequences. I did not say anything but it is obvious: they don't hate the kid, they hate what she is doing. They have had almost 12 years of watching stupid choices.
All it does is reinforce my own views. She works at Disneyworld, and from the hours, hardly ever sees the hump-dumps. What little she does see of them, all she can say is 'I can hardly wait for them to go back to school.'
Sucks to be her.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
allison
Don't forget natural birth vs. cesearean sections

Please read the rules on posting to old threads.

At Bratfree, we do not object to 'necromancy,' the practice of adding new commentary to old threads, under some circumstances. Bumping an old favorite every once in a while so that we can savor it again isn't a problem. For big news items in the past few months, we prefer that new thoughts be added to the existing thread over a new thread being started. This is also true for discussions of articles from years ago which have been discussed in the past, such as the old favorite about Carol Sarler (see epic threads for the link to that particular discussion). If your post isn't a big news story or an old article, check the posts in the last week or so to ensure that it hasn't been recently posted. If you make a mistake, the moderators will merge threads, but don't consider this a reason to bypass your obligation to be aware of current content before posting.

If you come back after some time away, it usually isn't recommended that you respond to posts which haven't had a reply for more than a week (for the Living Room; with other portions of the site the discussion takes a slower pace), unless you have something very insightful to add. Feel free to read the old threads, but focus your response to the newer ones.

This is an old thread and not the only one you necro'd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login