Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idiot moo posts about hating other kids on Facebook

Posted by Anonymous User 
This Facebook Post Got a Day-Care Worker Fired Before Her First Day

It seems like it should be common sense by now, but apparently people need a reminder that you shouldn't vent about work — especially a new job — on social media. Recently, a pizza shop employee was fired after tweeting about her "f*ckass job" before she even started, and now a Texas day-care worker is facing the same fate.

Twenty-seven-year-old single mom Kaitlyn Walls recently wrote on Facebook: "I start my new job today, but I absolutely hate working at day care." She then followed up with, "Lol, it's all good, I just really hate being around a lot of kids." When a local group caught wind of the posts, Walls began receiving hateful, expletive-filled Facebook messages that made her cry. To top it all off, Walls' new childcare center employer told her not to bother coming in for her first day after learning of the posts.

The newly unemployed mom told local news outlets that her posts were a "big mistake" and that she was just venting. "I don't hate children. I have my own . . . I love her," Walls said, adding that she won't be so careless when posting on Facebook in the future. We sure hope not! Let cautionary tales like this one serve as a reminder to triple-check your social media privacy settings — and potentially invest in a paper journal instead of broadcasting every thought to the world.

Mod note, include a link http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2015/05/daycare_worker_fired_facebook_post_hates_kids_kaitlyn_walls.html
Re: Idiot moo posts about hating other kids on Facebook
August 31, 2015
Why do people make their FB page accessible to the enttire world? I have a FB page. I have the settings high enough that people can't even recommend friends to me. I don't have my employer on there and there are only two people on there I work at the same site with. I refuse to add family or other people from work on it. It keeps drama to a minimum and I don't have to worry about saying anything that will get me fired. It doesn't take a freaking genius to do this.
August 31, 2015
addiea raine
Why do people make their FB page accessible to the enttire world? I have a FB page. I have the settings high enough that people can't even recommend friends to me. I don't have my employer on there and there are only two people on there I work at the same site with. I refuse to add family or other people from work on it. It keeps drama to a minimum and I don't have to worry about saying anything that will get me fired. It doesn't take a freaking genius to do this.

I don't know why people think that the rest of the world is just dying to know their thoughts on any random topic.

If kids are so lousy (in her view), she shouldn't have obtained a job at a daycare. What was she expecting, anyway?
August 31, 2015
Even with privacy settings, employers can still find out what you post. People talk.

Some idiot at work last summer got herself fired by bitching about her supervisors on FB. Supervisors didn't see it right away, but someone on the idiot's friend list did. Because the idiot's post was ridiculous, overdramatic, and untrue, the supervisors were notified right away and that idiot's job was history. Word was that after losing her job, Idiot posted something about learning how she can't be herself on social media. So she didn't even really get the point, did she? There's being oneself, and there's being stupid.

The moron who bitched about the daycare job is stupid and a half. Not only did she bitch about her job, she did it with security settings that allowed everydamnone to find out.

Privacy settings: they're there for a reason.

Hell, I don't bitch about my job on Facebook, and mine is locked down *tight*.
August 31, 2015
Prior to Fakebook, there were blogs. That stupid Douche woman (Dooce) made a fortune over getting fired for blogging about her job.

Fortunately, making a living off Mommyblogging seems to be coming to an end.
August 31, 2015
Situations like is is why i don't list my employer in my FB account. I never discuss my job on my timeline, I never 'friend' any co-worker, and if there is somebody i'm not sure about, i put them in the restricted list, which greatly diminishes what they can see in my profile. Because my employer has put all of us on notice that social media may be watched, I purposely post innocuous items as "public" on my timeline, such as Guardian articles, NYTimes articles, etc... When the BOE searches for my profile and sees such inane things, they leave me alone.

The interesting, personal items are set to family and friends only, including friend lists. None of it is public, and none of it can be traced back to work. I cannot imagine why anybody would be stupid enough to complain about their job on FB, especially if they have coworkers, or friends of coworkers on their friends list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login