Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Woman sues 8-year-old over assault affection

Posted by yurble 
Woman sues 8-year-old over assault affection
October 14, 2015
The author cannot imagine the woman's side of this story, where a woman who was knocked to the ground by a child's flying hug and broke her wrist ended up filing suit. I bet we can.

I still think her first mistake was to put herself in the situation where an 8-year-old would want to embrace her...
Re: Woman sues 8-year-old over assault affection
October 14, 2015
She was laughed out of court. Here is what she said:

“I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walkup so it has been very difficult,” Connell testified Friday at Connecticut Superior Court in Bridgeport. “And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan.”

And if walking up stairs with an injured wrist wasn’t difficult enough, the after-effects on Connell’s social life have been disastrous.

“I was at a party recently and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate,” she added.

Dafuq???

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/aunt-sues-nephew-12-breaking-wrist-greeting-article-1.2394889

It happened at her sister's house in Westport, CT. Her sister died last year.

Here is some census material: Westport was named the fifth top-earning city in the US, with a median family income of $193,540 and median home price of $1,200,000 in July 2008.

People que$tion her motive$. I can only gue$$ what they are. A$$hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 14, 2015
She should not have mentioned the social life, for sure. It makes her sound shallow and the childfree stereotype. However, I do know someone who broke a wrist at about that age, and had to get a fair amount of physiotherapy, and even now feels some pain, years later. Mentioning parties just trivalizes the injury.
October 14, 2015
I think this is the insurance. The insurance demanded that she sue the estate for it to kick in. She may have been forced to sue knowing it would fail inorder to avoid over $100K out of pocket. Because it is a sprog the media hoped on the fact that people will automatically assume that she just went after a sprog and go nuts.
October 14, 2015
While I know that lawsuits can be part and parcel to an insurance settlement, it would still be part of the estate, which a minor child has no control over. She sued the kid, not the estate.

Her losing pretty much trashed her chances of getting more out of the insurance anyways; getting greedy is never practical.

And I read she was in HR....and she is whining about holding her canapes rather than doing her job at a computer?

ETA: It was about insurance...she spoke out and claimed that the state does not allow you to name an insurance company as a defendant.

OK so sue the homeowner. And make sure your legal team says this right out of the box.

I found nothing indicating that you cannot sue an insurer (who apparently offered her a dollar.)

I did find this about statute of limitations: In Connecticut, you must get a personal injury lawsuit filed within two years of the date on which you suffered the injury.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 14, 2015
I am fairly small, fat occasionally but not currently nor at the time of my story.
Ever been assaulted by a "small child"? I have. I was 17, and had been dating my high school bf for almost two years. I was not really conscious of just how ill mannered and white trash his family was until this incident of "enthusiasm".

I had played with his small cousins before to get in good with his family. The more they liked me around, the less time I had to spend at home.
It had been six months or so since I has seen these kids, but we went over to visit one evening.

The nine year old saw me from the house and came flying down the stairs and walk to "greet" me.
She got bigger and bigger as she came and I realised she had had a growth spurt and was now almost as tall as me, but twice as wide.
She actually jumped at me as if I even could have caught her, but at the last second I threw up my arms and she met my elbow with her face.
The reduced impact only put my ribs and back out...
I was sitting on a couch shaking because panic attacks when moomy came out screaming about assault, ready to "teach her (my) ignorant ass a lesson"! She meant I had assaulted her daughter and intended to assault me right back.
So indeed I started crying, was almost there already. Bf did the one good thing he ever did in that relationship and kept the wild moo bear off me.

It's been mildly entertaining to see how he wound up in life. I only couldn't see the low behavior of him and his family because I was so desperate for anything even slightly resembling positive attention.
October 15, 2015
http://news.yahoo.com/attorneys-law-forced-woman-sue-nephew-over-medical-160812692.html

It comes out that the woman was forced to sue to get the home owner's insurance to pay for the sprogs actions in order for the medical insurance to kick in. That story was "emotional click-bait" from the start. All these kiddie people on yahoo are now admitting they feel like jerks and are blaming yahoo for causing their reactions.
October 15, 2015
cfdavep
http://news.yahoo.com/attorneys-law-forced-woman-sue-nephew-over-medical-160812692.html

It comes out that the woman was forced to sue to get the home owner's insurance to pay for the sprogs actions in order for the medical insurance to kick in. That story was "emotional click-bait" from the start. All these kiddie people on yahoo are now admitting they feel like jerks and are blaming yahoo for causing their reactions.

That makes a lot of sense. Otherwise, why trot out the CF stereotypes, if she wasn't hoping to lose?
October 15, 2015
It still makes no sense to sue the kid; you sue the parent who is the policyholder.

And technically she wasn't his aunt, either.

This was bad PR on the part of her attorneys. You make the insurance companies the bad guys and run with that. You don't have her testify that she dropped her canape plate and is sooo distraught over that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login