Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Step-wallet bestows some well-deserved karma

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Step-wallet bestows some well-deserved karma
October 26, 2015
Perfect timing, too-- he knocked those smiling little leeches on their asses 1) during a crucial emotional point, and 2) with witnesses.

BOOM!

Isn't this what we keep saying, that being a step-parent is a losing proposition at best? This guy might have succumbed at one point, but at least he woke up and gave back eventually.
Re: Step-wallet bestows some well-deserved karma
October 26, 2015
I dunno, his bit about being the "patriarch and godfather of the family" was a bit much. He wasn't even married to the girl's mother. Can you blame the girl for not wanting her mother's boyfriend's golf buddy to attend her wedding? Did she even know the man?

Of course, I think 40 grand for a wedding is obscene unless you're royalty.
October 26, 2015
Hahahahahahaaaaa! That was hilarious. I feel bad that the guy had to do that, but shit. I'm glad he did. Serves those leeches right.
October 26, 2015
I think the guy was out of line. It isn't his wedding, it's hers and her fiance's. They should be in sole control of who's invited and who isn't, and his decision to fund the wedding (and yeah, that's a ridiculous amount of money, but it was his decision) shouldn't be based on whether he gets to have his way or not about how it's run. It sounds to me like he threw a toddler-sized tantrum.

If he wants that kind of control over a wedding, he should marry the girl's mother and have his own "special day."
Anonymous User
October 26, 2015
JoJo
I dunno, his bit about being the "patriarch and godfather of the family" was a bit much. He wasn't even married to the girl's mother. Can you blame the girl for not wanting her mother's boyfriend's golf buddy to attend her wedding? Did she even know the man?.

Well, the guy isn't perfect, that's true. But at least when that moment came, he did refer to himself as "godfather" and not "Dad, goddammit" or suchlike. And although I'm not as old-fashioned about marriage as I used to be, it is curious that he was fine with kicking down for the girl's education/ car/ post-graduate return home/ wedding, but couldn't be arsed to put a ring on Mommy.

As far as the bride's mother's boyfriend's golf buddy not getting an invite, I'm willing to bet that the bride's mother had no problem inviting anyone she herself could think of. Guests equal presents, right?
October 26, 2015
I'm torn. I'm disapointed in Moo for not having a job of her own, if for no otber reason that people will point to her as 'another example' of 'how women' are goldiggers. I know they aren't, but people like her aren't helping to dismantle some of the stereotypes that still cling to women.

On the one hand, I don't like the whole 'godfather' and 'patriarch' thing. I don't think men deserve respect because they are men, I think men deserve respect depending on their actions as a single person.

On the other hand, I think bridezilla is being greedy. Maybe I'm just really unpopular, but I'm one of those people that doesn't believe you can really have 250+ friends. You might have 250+ people in your life, but I doubt anyone has 250 people they are close enough to to call 'friends'. It comes across to me like she just wants more presents, and the fact that she is spending 40k on a wedding signifies that such greed is not outside her character. I think she should have at least let wallet invite some guests, and maybe let wallet be on the anouncement, because it seems without wallet there wouldn't even be a wedding, just a day at the courthouse.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
October 26, 2015
I think it's less about his buddies not being invited and more that StepWallet, despite taking on all fatherly duties, consistently gets tossed aside when Deadbeat Duh makes his appearance. The camel's back broke when StepWallet was shelling out another $40K for this child (after paying the same amount for her college education) and then Deadbeat Duh gets all the honors. That's incredibly insulting and the prime reason as to why you NEVER get involved with single breeders and their children. If StepWallet isn't good enough to have a place of honor, then his money is no good.

I really want to hear an update on this story.

kittehpeoples
I think the guy was out of line. It isn't his wedding, it's hers and her fiance's. They should be in sole control of who's invited and who isn't, and his decision to fund the wedding (and yeah, that's a ridiculous amount of money, but it was his decision) shouldn't be based on whether he gets to have his way or not about how it's run. It sounds to me like he threw a toddler-sized tantrum.

If he wants that kind of control over a wedding, he should marry the girl's mother and have his own "special day."

I have to disagree a bit. There's a saying, "Whoever has the money, has the power." If you want 100% control over your wedding, you pay for it. You don't get to demand 100% control, but have somebody else foot the bill. That's not how it works. And quite frankly, this guy was well within his rights to ask that 20 people out of 250 be his buddies. As I said above, I think his issue is less not getting his friends invited, but more of the insult of being the guy who writes all the checks and has two grown-ass women living off his money, but when it comes down to it, he gets shoved aside for Deadbeat Duh.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

October 26, 2015
I think moo and her pretty pretty princess daughter got what they deserved. They lived with him for 10 years, and moo quit working the minute she moved in with him. He accepted the daughter, paid for her college, her car, and who knows what else. He was willing to pay 40-50k for her wedding, and after 10 years of financial support from him, he can't even invite 20 people to a wedding HE IS PAYING FOR? If that were me, I'd be so happy and grateful for his financial help that I'd let him invite anybody he wanted. To me it smells as if he was used as an endless, bottomless wallet for moo and her daughter.

If he felt he was the family patriarch, he had good reason to think that way, because he was acting in that position financially. If pretty pretty princess with the deadbeat bio father wants him in her life so much, then get him to cover all the wedding costs. oh wait, he's a deadbeat. Better yet, maybe princess and her future prince can take out loans to pay for a wedding of 250 people of their nearest and dearest friends. But wait, princess hasn't been working since graduating college. Best yet would be to scale down the affair to close family and friends only, about 25 people, and have the party at home, either catered, or potluck.

It's a good thing this guy never married the moo. Had he married her, he'd be stuck with alimony and who knows what else. This is why I say that CF/CL people should never get involved with a person who has previously spawned. There is just too much baggage along for the ride.
October 26, 2015
Well, I'm biased, but "step"duh here has no reason to bitch. A step will never ever ever be able to replace a bioparent, even a shitty one. I don't understand why they never seem to get that. Would they be happy replacing one of their parents for someone else?

And why the hell was he paying for the college education for a girl when he wasn't even married to her mother????
October 26, 2015
I agree: he was nothing but a wallet, but he should have married, not a shackup
Also, who is a real dad: THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY RAISED YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BITCH WHORE PRINCESS AND YOUR QUEEN MUM.
this sound actually like an old tale, I think i've heard it before.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 26, 2015
The aroma of a rodent is apparent. This is a copy of an entry on Reddit from June 2013:

https://www.reddit.com/r/offmychest/comments/1fl2xd/my_stepdaughter_wants_her_real_dad_to_give_her/

[Posted on 3 June 2013]

Some comments near the end of the original have been left out, and the date of the original wedding has been changed from 3 August to 3 November. Otherwise, it's the same post.

Here's what was left out:

TLDR: You want your "REAL DAD" to be on the invitation, to give you away and to sit at the head table, fine, your "REAL DAD" can pay for everything too.

EDIT: The immediate aftermath was tantrum and people sitting there mumbling while not actually saying anything to me, but to each other. After much yelling with the GF about me being selfish, I spent the night in my home office and no one knocked on my door, not once. Today's aftermath is kind of depressing for me. GF brought me Bride's wedding planner to show me how much work I was ruining. I thumbed through it, found a page in the music section for Father / Daughter dances. All of the songs were catered to Real Dad's taste. So I thought they were just being disrespectful, but now I'm feeling like they never really gave a crap at all, especially since the menu included two ingredients I'm allergic to, that actually made me laugh. Either way, I'm glad to be done, returned the planner and asked her when she and bride could move out. Also, I never promised to pay for the wedding. I offered them the use of my home when they were sure it was going to be small, but other than that, all I've heard is how it's the Bride's family that should pay, so, let it be the bride's family then, aka, not me.

EDIT: June 9th 1:15 am. Girlfriend and Bride are now moved out. They are moving in with the groom. It was very hard not to be petty with some of the "belongings" they took with them, but it's done and I switched out the locks and now it's time for a brew. I can't believe how popular this story got, but I feel good to be given support by so many. If I find out what happens with the wedding, I will let you know, but I can't guarantee that I will put in the effort to find out. From what I've heard they are trying to "scale things back" and get his parents to help out. GF burned bridges when I found out she tried to write herself a check on our joint account the day after the unpleasantness. By then I had already moved money, so I guess I'm a bigger ass than her, but I could feel it coming. That's all. Thanks.

K-Man back. Since this story is making the rounds again with a different date and has to be a hoax this time, my suspicion is that the original post in 2013 might well have been a hoax then. What are your thoughts?
October 26, 2015
contemplativeintrovert
I'm torn. I'm disapointed in Moo for not having a job of her own, if for no otber reason that people will point to her as 'another example' of 'how women' are goldiggers. I know they aren't, but people like her aren't helping to dismantle some of the stereotypes that still cling to women.

On the other hand, I think bridezilla is being greedy. Maybe I'm just really unpopular, but I'm one of those people that doesn't believe you can really have 250+ friends. You might have 250+ people in your life, but I doubt anyone has 250 people they are close enough to to call 'friends'. It comes across to me like she just wants more presents, and the fact that she is spending 40k on a wedding signifies that such greed is not outside her character. I think she should have at least let wallet invite some guests, and maybe let wallet be on the anouncement, because it seems without wallet there wouldn't even be a wedding, just a day at the courthouse.

Except for the fact that the stereotype is true, in this case. So why don't we just call a spade a spade? She's a golddigger. That's what she is. She's using her step-father solely for his money. Come to think of it, she's such a ballsy bitch that I'm actually surprised that the stepfather was even invited to the wedding! And where did the bride-to-be get her manners? Well, from her mother... another stay-at-home-do-nothing.

Now, the guy is not without some culpability. From what we can tell, this kind of behavior has been tolerated and appeased for the last ten years. After all, he pays for his girlfriend's stuff. Remember... she doesn't work. He paid for his stepdaughter's car, her university education, and her daily stuff around the house. Remember... she doesn't work. So why did he do all of this? Because in his mind he saw himself as a "Godfather" and a "patriarch." And instead of earning that respect over the past ten years by demonstrating responsibility, authority, and compassion, he thought that respect was owed to him simply because he played the role of Human ATM during the last decade. Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way. And from the stepdaughter and girlfriend's point of view, I'm sure it never crossed their mind that he wouldn't be paying for this grandiose celebration. After all, why wouldn't he? He's paid for 100% of everything else for a decade. Why would things change now?

The dynamics of these blended families are often so odd, I just can't wrap my head around them. What I do know is that I have no desire to date single mothers and take care of another man's spawn.

I also know that everyone in this scenario entered into relationships based on lies and false intentions.

• Stepduhd thought he'd be given "patriarch" status by paying for stuff for 10 years, rather than by leading through example. WRONG!
  • Stepwife thought that she could gold dig forever, ignoring his desires in the process. WRONG!
  • Stepdaughter thought that she'd follow in Moo's footsteps, and could walk all over Stepduh. WRONG!

All of the aforementioned parties invested 10 years into these phony relationships and came out with the exact opposite of what they wanted.

And guess who made out the best in all of this famblee chaos? Deadbeat Biological Dad. He didn't pay any child support, and generally didn't give a fuck about any of them.
October 26, 2015
kman
The aroma of a rodent is apparent. This is a copy of an entry on Reddit from June 2013:

K-Man back. Since this story is making the rounds again with a different date and has to be a hoax this time, my suspicion is that the original post in 2013 might well have been a hoax then. What are your thoughts?

It might be a hoax, but we all know that the theme of this story has played itself out many, many times, to varying degrees.

The truth is that there are a number of guys out there who think that it's their job to "provide" for women and children. I think it's an antiquated notion, but whatever. If they feel that way, they feel that way. What's downright bizarre, in my estimation, is their desire to provide for children that are not theirs. I've seen it time and time again. They want to buy little Johnny a bike and take him and Moo to Disneyland. They think that these purchases serve as a contract in which for their money, they receive love and respect.

Usually these purchases result in the exact opposite happening in the long-term. Eventually little Johnny is 17 years old, and when you tell him he's not allowed to drink beers in the backyard with his buddies, he responds with, "Dude... you aren't even my dad." And guess what? He's right! And now that the kyd is on the verge of becoming an adult, Single Moo no longer needs Replacement Duh around anymore.What was a perceived quid pro quo family dynamic has now morphed into an overtly dysfunctional for everyone involved.

While I find it odd, I must say that I really I don't care if people want to live this way. As an outsider I just scratch my head and believe me, I just find myself very thankful for this board and it's participants. It's one of the few places where we can talk about this issues with brutal, unmitigated honesty.
October 27, 2015
"Stepduhd thought he'd be given "patriarch" status by paying for stuff for 10 years, rather than by leading through example. WRONG!
Stepwife thought that she could gold dig forever, ignoring his desires in the process. WRONG!
Stepdaughter thought that she'd follow in Moo's footsteps, and could walk all over Stepduh. WRONG!"

-> I agree.
You cannot buy love, respect, loyalty... - and if you can then only for a limited time.
Stepduhd learned this lesson after many years and many $$$$.

As for those two parasites, one already has a new host (groom), the other one
will keep looking.

@ provide for children that are not theirs
I've heard about cases where adoptive chyldren abandoned their adoptive
parents who raised them and went to their biological parents who never cared
for them. There must be some kind of "calling of blood", because this cannot be
explained logically.
There are two actor/writer families in my COO who went through this
- adopted small children, raised them. After children turned 18, they left for
the "real" parents and no one ever saw them again.
October 27, 2015
mrs. chinaski

@ provide for children that are not theirs
I've heard about cases where adoptive chyldren abandoned their adoptive
parents who raised them and went to their biological parents who never cared
for them. There must be some kind of "calling of blood", because this cannot be
explained logically.
There are two actor/writer families in my COO who went through this
- adopted small children, raised them. After children turned 18, they left for
the "real" parents and no one ever saw them again.

Well that sounds like a real kick in the nuts!

Of course with those who choose to adopt, I give them credit because that's a noble thing to some degree. I can argue that it's a selfless act, and those who choose to make a child's life a better one rather than breeding more children should be applauded. I think that's reasonable.
October 27, 2015
Hello K-man. good to see you
I think some of it may well be a hoax, but I do listen to dr laura from time to time and I do hear the occasional guy call in with just about the same scenario.
These little girl bints actually DO AND SAY this shit: my REAAAL dad. They forget who put the scutt and shit work in. And the moos are just as bad.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 27, 2015
As much as I enjoy reading similar stories, I got a whiff of this being a MRA fantasy.
October 27, 2015
twocents
I think some of it may well be a hoax, but I do listen to dr laura from time to time and I do hear the occasional guy call in with just about the same scenario.
These little girl bints actually DO AND SAY this shit: my REAAAL dad. They forget who put the scutt and shit work in. And the moos are just as bad.

Why wouldn't a kid talk about her "real" dad? It is her real dad!

Last year my brother posted a "Happy Mother's Day!" on our stepmother's facebook page which completely blew me away. She is not our mother. Yes, she's been around since we were kids and she's married to our dad, but that doesn't make her a parental figure. I even hate using the terms "stepfather" and "stepmother" to refer to the people my parents married. They're my parents' spouses and they have nothing to do with me. I didn't choose them, I didn't date them, I didn't make vows to them, and I sure as hell can't divorce them when I get sick of them.

My parents were shitty parents, but I still love them furiously. Yes, I wanted my real father to walk me down the aisle.
October 27, 2015
stillwaters
twocents

Last year my brother posted a "Happy Mother's Day!" on our stepmother's facebook page which completely blew me away. She is not our mother. Yes, she's been around since we were kids and she's married to our dad, but that doesn't make her a parental figure. I even hate using the terms "stepfather" and "stepmother" to refer to the people my parents married. They're my parents' spouses and they have nothing to do with me. I didn't choose them, I didn't date them, I didn't make vows to them, and I sure as hell can't divorce them when I get sick of them.

My parents were shitty parents, but I still love them furiously. Yes, I wanted my real father to walk me down the aisle.

Then "real dad" should pay child support for his daughter, and for her 40k wedding.

A "real dad" wouldn't stick the costs of his progeny on another man. But "real dad" did nothing of substance for his daughter in this thread.

If he wanted to be a "real dad," then he should have behaved like one.
October 27, 2015
Peace
stillwaters
twocents

Then "real dad" should pay child support for his daughter, and for her 40k wedding.

A "real dad" wouldn't stick the costs of his progeny on another man. But "real dad" did nothing of substance for his daughter in this thread.

It doesn't sound like this particular dad cares much about anything of that sort. But this isn't about the dad - it's about the daughter and what she wants. She wanted her father to walk her down the aisle. And stepdouche pitched a hissy fit because all of his money couldn't make her choose Mom's Boyfriend over her flesh-and-blood father.

If stepdouche doesn't want to pay for the wedding because he feels his butt isn't getting kissed enough, fine. But it was out of line to expect the bride to choose him over her father.

Like I said, my parents were less than stellar. I'm angry about a lot of things they put me through. It doesn't mean anything when it comes to our love and bond. Nobody could ever replace them in my life, no matter how much they bought me or did for me.

And nobody held a gun to this man's head and told him to shell out for his girlfriend's daughter. He did it of his own free will. Other than perhaps a "thank you", he's not entitled to anything in return. Trying to buy someone's love, respect or loyalty is called "manipulation".
October 27, 2015
Assuming that this letter is real, and I do agree that it does sound suspiciously, 'MRAy', he was in the girl's life for ten years, she graduated from college last year, so she was 12-13 when he and her mother got together. It's not as if he raised her from infancy. For all we know, all he did was throw money at her and nothing else. He certainly sounds as if he could afford everything, so it's not as if he'd worked three jobs to send her to school.

As for the 250 guest list, the groom's side would get 125, and when you factor in friends, relatives, co-workers and their plus ones, that really doesn't leave too many spots for random golf buddies who don't even know the bride and groom.
October 27, 2015
stillwaters
Peace
stillwaters
twocents

It doesn't sound like this particular dad cares much about anything of that sort. But this isn't about the dad - it's about the daughter and what she wants. She wanted her father to walk her down the aisle. And stepdouche pitched a hissy fit because all of his money couldn't make her choose Mom's Boyfriend over her flesh-and-blood father.

If stepdouche doesn't want to pay for the wedding because he feels his butt isn't getting kissed enough, fine. But it was out of line to expect the bride to choose him over her father.

Like I said, my parents were less than stellar. I'm angry about a lot of things they put me through. It doesn't mean anything when it comes to our love and bond. Nobody could ever replace them in my life, no matter how much they bought me or did for me.

And nobody held a gun to this man's head and told him to shell out for his girlfriend's daughter. He did it of his own free will. Other than perhaps a "thank you", he's not entitled to anything in return. Trying to buy someone's love, respect or loyalty is called "manipulation".

Manipulation is using somebody for personal benefit. Accepting a man's generosity of a univ. education, a car, living expenses for 10 years, and then a wedding, while not even allowing him to invite a few friends, refusing to acknowledge him in any way for everything he has done to help, I call that daughter a user and manipulater. She used him for what she could get out of him. That makes her a gold digging bitch, and a manipulating one at that. Hope she enjoyed her home made, potluck wedding.
October 27, 2015
I agree with Peace. I think the daughter is a gold-digging little bitch, and so is the moo. They both deserved what they got IMO. The real 'dad' is nothing more than a sperm donor. The guy who paid for this kyd to have a decent future and life, is the man who deserves that title.

I had a sperm donor father who did nothing for me, as he was a drunken bum his whole life. I never expected anything from him, but even thinking about it now hurts that he didn't even put a little effort into trying to have a relationship with me while I was growing up.

My moo dated and lived with a man (the living with part was quite brief) but he bought me clothes, took me for meals and did other nice things for me, for most of my childhood and teenager hood. When I was a teen, he even bought me a Scorpions album and listened to the whole thing with me. I knew he didn't really like the music, but it was his way of trying to connect with me on my level. I was really upset when I found out he passed away. He was more of a father to me than the man who fucked my mother a few times ever was.

Then again, I wasn't born with an entitlement spoon wedged up my ass.
October 27, 2015
The concept of biological parents = "real" parents is highly overrated. The real parents are the ones who feed, clothe, shelter, and love your sorry ass and make and pay the money to accomplish those things. That could be a biological parent, a stepparent, aunt/uncle, grandparent, legal guardian, whoever. You're a shitty person to disregard the role a nonbiological parent played to give you what you needed and wanted in life in favor of a biological parent who did nothing of the sort and only wants to show up for the Kodak Moments™. Playing the "real" parent card can bite you in the ass. If I ever lost my mind and got involved with a single duh and his brat gave me that "you're not my real mother" shit, the next time the kid needs/wants me to do something, I'd say, "Ooh, you better go ask your "real" mother for that. Oh, she's dead/abandoned you/too busy with her new dick and One Of Our Own™? Gee, that's too bad. Better go ask your father."

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 28, 2015
@paragon

This! People need to realize that parenting isn't just making a fucktrophy. My brother and SIL did that, but they are by no means parents {when my youngest niece was about 4 SIL got drugged up and drove them into a tree}. On the other side of the coin, I was adopted by my mom, and I could not have had a better childhood, or been found by a more loving mother.

Making a zygote doesn't imbue said zygote with some magical properties that will make you a "real parent." Anyone that thinks otherwise can bite me.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login