Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Today's young generation is weak because it lacks procreation instinct

Posted by blackpearl 
Today's young generation is weak because it lacks procreation instinct
November 10, 2015
Picked this brainfart from a dumbass who lost her faith in today's generation. Some background: around 45 people died and hundreds were injured in a nightclub fire in Romania about a week ago. This unfortunate event sparkled really heavy protests in Romania and lot of people marched out in the street against the government. People are writing a lot about it and the above opinion was fished from FB. (I can put the screenshot here if you wish but it's in Romanian). However i'll translate it here:

"[...] I don't have the slightest faith in this generation (people under 30 years old). It is very weak. They even lack the fundamental instinct to procreate,they come up with excuses not to have kids. Actually the generation under 30 is good at something: to find excuses for anything. They are really good at that."

This woman's comment is beyond stupidity for many reasons, some of them being that most people under 30 (at least in Romania and not only) struggle to make the ends meet in either low paid jobs or in jobs that require most of their time. Secondly people don't get married at 16 and crap out 5 brats before the age of 25 anymore, having kids in your 30's and 40's is more common. Thirdly defying your instincts is not weakness but strength. And finally there isn't a procreation instinct but sexual desire...it's a difference.
I agree.

This woman is an idiot.

"most people under 30 (at least in Romania and not only) struggle to make the ends meet in either low paid jobs or in jobs that require most of their time"
-> It's the same in my home country and gradually in Germany as well. I know about people in those circumstances who got children anyway.
Their children will grow up in poverty and will experience only disadvantages. I doubt very much that they will be grateful to their parents
for the "gift of life" when they will become adults and start to think for themselves.

As far as I am concerned, I have respect for both groups: CF and CL by circumstances/decision.
In case of CL by circumstances/decision, it takes a lot of strength to deny your instincts (instinct to nurture?).
CF only follow their true nature.

If this stupid person is so concerned about the well-being of others, she can start here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3306879/The-underground-orphans-Romania-survived-country-s-notorious-children-s-homes-Eighties-live-SEWERS-drug-addiction-norm.html
Re: Today's young generation is weak because it lacks procreation instinct
November 10, 2015
It is quite trendy to throw shit in one generation or another but it seems that lack of kids is tipical to younger generations and wow, don't some love to rub it into our faces and blame us for destroying the world or being such losers because we don't crap out kids.
Breeders also tend to say that lack of money is just an excuse not to have kids and they invoke their great grandparents who were so poor but alas, shat out a horde of kids. Oh, and of course the fact that we are poor is entirely our fault, the present economic situation is also our fault and *insert some bad situation here* it's also our fault because we are so damn lazy.

Her statement should be very cheerful for people who want kids and can't have them because of health problems. Because you know it't their fault they got sick, they use their sickness as an excuse actually. eye rolling smiley I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently (which leads to infertility) but i guess it's my fault i couldn't stop Chernobyl disaster to happen three weeks after i was born.
Maybe she's a holdout from Ceaucescu, who made abortion illegal and gave women who had five kids or more benefits? Womben who had 10 kids or more were declared "heroines of the state," and the country was in shambles.
@ blackpearl:
Yeah, I've heard it all and not only once...
You also forgot to mention that refugees are coming to Europe
only because of the CF people.

@ bellflower: interesting. I was watching a documentary about Ceaucescu recently
and they only mentioned that birthing of children was promoted and abortions illegal,
nothing more.
blackpearl
Her statement should be very cheerful for people who want kids and can't have them because of health problems. Because you know it't their fault they got sick, they use their sickness as an excuse actually. eye rolling smiley I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently (which leads to infertility) but i guess it's my fault i couldn't stop Chernobyl disaster to happen three weeks after i was born.

Ooh so you lived/live near there? I've done a lot of research about the Chernobyl disaster and the families of Pripyat, believe me there are a few things that I wish I hadn't come across and now I can't un-see or brain bleach.sad smiley It was awful what these people were left to deal with in the wake of this disaster, aside from losing loved ones; some of these effects like hypothyroidism and cancer plaguing them for years and even decades after.

The smart ones are waiting to have children or not having them at all because they simply know better. They think logically and know that having a child when you're not ready financially, mentally or emotionally can wreck your life even more. Us CF are the smartest of the bunch as we know having a child, what it entails, and raising it in this world we live in is the most selfish thing we can do for ourselves. This planet is in turmoil, resources are running out and the youth being raised today are the most narcissistic, selfish, spoiled and sheltered little brats we have ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Oh please, having a child isn't a sign of heroism or virtue. Whether you are 14 or 40 is irrelevant.

Child Free folks of all ages have made their decision for a multitude of good reasons and invoking generational warfare isn't going to change any of our minds.
Since when is it weak to make a strong reproductive choice, one that goes against the norms of society, and stick with it?

There is no excuse NOT to have a kyd, but many excuses why people want to have kyds. Most people who decide to be CF do so because of a variety of reasons, usually ones that are thoughtful and ethical. The reasons to breed sound more like excuses to me.

There is a thread somewhere buried, I can't find it now, which is titled "100 reasons to breed", many of which sound like lame excuses. One, which sticks in my mind in particular, is because tiny diapers are sooo cuuuuttte. Mkay. You think that small shitrags are cute, so you are going to create a whole 'nother person so you can play babydoll with it? It's just a stupid excuse to get knocked up.
I would tell this woman that every reason to breed starts with "I", and every reason not to starts with someone or something else, and sometimes even the baby in question makes an appearance on the beneficiaries list of not reproducing.

I love how old farts just assume that we did all of the damage to the planet before we were born, making it the infant's fault, so, if we're to learn from that, and not have babies, we're still in the wrong. A few months ago a baby boomer sent me a "funny" picture/page thing about an old woman who was tempted to bitch out a young checkout girl for asking if she wanted to buy a reusable bag. Because in her day they didn't do this "green thing". For as much as they treasured all the shit that she lamented, like taking your own bottle to the store to fill it up with whatever, the whole generation did NOTHING to prevent it from disappearing when it inevitably started to. They probably cheered when they didn't have to do that any more, and they could just buy a new bottle at the store every time, without a thought to where this sort of thing was leading.
Then someone tries to help it, and they bitch about it. I've always disliked most of the elderly I run into. You didn't survive this long because you're smart, healthy, and have good genes. You survived because ambulances and respirators are a thing now, so don't go patting yourself on the back and expect me to give a damn about what you'd like.

Don't get me wrong, some old people are very smart, and wonderful. But, they're diminishing, too. Old doesn't equal automatic respect anymore.
November 11, 2015

A few months ago a baby boomer sent me a "funny" picture/page thing about an old woman who was tempted to bitch out a young checkout girl for asking if she wanted to buy a reusable bag. Because in her day they didn't do this "green thing".

Funny, because Earth day and the environmental movement was started by hippies.

Anyhoo, not having kids is a sign of intelligence and good sense. We're rapidly running out of oil, water, and arable land. Anyone who deliberately brings another person into this world is an idiot.
November 11, 2015
The weak generation argument is so last season. I bet every generation has heard the same old song how they are the worst one and the older generation being much better.

I've also read that list with 100 reasons to breed and some of them were so stupid that made my neurons fall out. Deciding not to breed is not at all weak if you take into consideration all the pressure around, there is not such fundamental instinct to procreate. It's societal pressure. I guess younger generations are smarter and not biting into it but i don't hold my breath because as i said people have kids but they have them later usually after 30.

Oh, and i looked at her FB profile. It seems she doesn't have kids, at least her posts are public and she talks a lot about politics (right winger from what i see). I guess it would have escaped her some photos, smth., given the way she thinks about breeding.

Off-topic:
creativelycf
Ooh so you lived/live near there? I've done a lot of research about the Chernobyl disaster and the families of Pripyat, believe me there are a few things that I wish I hadn't come across and now I can't un-see or brain bleach.sad smiley It was awful what these people were left to deal with in the wake of this disaster, aside from losing loved ones; some of these effects like hypothyroidism and cancer plaguing them for years and even decades after.

I lived in the neighbourhood (Romania), we are neighbours with Ukraine. Although Chernobyl is quite in the north, the fallout was so bad it reached the region i lived in a short time. There have been cases of birth abnormalities in the years following Chernobyl also in Romania although not as bad as Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. I have no hypotyroidism cases in my family so the only explanation remains Chernobyl. It is actually researched that people born in that time into affected zones might have problems with thyroid later on. We found out so late about it and as far as my mom remembers authorities were completely useless.

I also did lots of research about Chernobyl and i wrote two articles for some of my classes. I wanted to write my MA about the cultural heritage of Pripyat but i don't know Russian or Ukrainian and my data gathering would have suffered a lot because of it. My last reasearch was about the samosely and their cultural environment, people who have returned into the Exclusion Zone despite authorities' ban. That was extremely fascinating to see humans living there and their strong ties with their birth place. I'll reccommend you a very good documentary about them: Babushkas of Chernobyl, if you haven't seen it.
I really hope to go on a trip there one day.
November 12, 2015
mumofsixbirds
One, which sticks in my mind in particular, is because tiny diapers are sooo cuuuuttte. Mkay. You think that small shitrags are cute, so you are going to create a whole 'nother person so you can play babydoll with it? It's just a stupid excuse to get knocked up.

I'd wager a guess that after a week or two of wiping baybee ass the tiny diapers lose their small shitrag appeal. Doubt many moos and duhs can continue to romanticize a tiny vehicle designed to hold excrement once they've witnessed all shades and textures of excrement oozing from it with regularity. And moos may think the onesies and other tiny clothing are cute but having to change the onesie 4-8 times a day will cause the newness to wear off quickly because even tiny baybees kick and flail! And tiny baybee socks? They spend all their time locating the lost socks because baybeez flail and kick them off. Post partum depression: wearing off of delusion and loss of new car smell.
Stupid people are going to continue to breed recklessly because they are the ones that have been brainwashed into doing so. The only good thing that has come out of the last couple of generations is the fact that the smart ones have learned that if they want children than it would be better to wait, which they have been doing. That, or not having them at all.

Most reasons to have kids are selfish and stat with 'I' followed by 'want' which when grouped together are the two most selfish words in the English language. They only think about themselves and how the offspring are an extension of themselves, trying to push their kids to be as much like their parents as possible.

OT

@blackpearl I just watched the trailer for Babushka's of Chernobyl and I will definitely have to track it down!

The people of Pripyat were lied to, forced out of their homes and treated inhumanely. Yes, the authorities were useless as they didn't want to own up to the damage that had already been done to the people who were evacuated.

I would love to visit Ukraine too and bring my friend along. He's Ukrainian and would love to get to know a bit more about his roots. I told him that Pripyat is definitely on the list of things to do if we ever do get that far. Here is my video of Pripyat, I think this was done about the 25 year mark if I remember correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
November 12, 2015
So, in other words, breed blindly without a care given as to whether or not you can afford a child, if the person you'd breed with is parent material, if you can actually handle a child physically/mentally, etc. That sounds about how people in America are already (in general). Who cares if you're too poor, too sick and/or too nuts to raise a kid. Have one anyway! Breeder mantra #47: Gawd doesn't give you anything you can't handle!

Yeah yeah, I've heard the story before from all generations about how they were poor, but they still had a dozen brats. But here's what they don't tell you: the family's quality of life. How much did the parents and the kids have to go without, and how often? That gift of life line of thought is poetic and all, but how grateful will a person feel when all they ever know in life is poverty? Some people manage to crawl out of the poorhouse ooze and live better lives, but generally speaking, those who grow up in poverty continue to be in poverty as adults because they have the same non-existent financial planning skills as their parents.

Is this cunt going to pony up and pay for all the weak 20-somethings and 30-somethings to have brats? There is absolutely no good reason for anyone in any part of the world to breed at this current time. In fact, I would love to see humans as a species quit reproducing entirely for about four or five years so the population could stabilize a tiny bit. No loaves born for half a decade could actually be a huge help, but then there'd probably be a baby boom right afterward. So excuses for not breeding are bad, but excuses for breeding are alright? I remember a Dear Abby letter from some heifer who had like eight kids and wanted advice on how to respond to people who imply she had too many brats. One Moo with an equally-huge litter suggested replying with, "Tee-hee, but we're only half way through the Kama Sutra!" There is no reason whatsoever for anyone anywhere to have that many children. It is completely possible to fuck like rabbits without breeding like them.
In actuality rabbits are smarter than people at least biologically wise. A pregnant rabbit will actually self abort and reabsorb the fetus' nutrients if the host is either in a starving or overcrowding situation.
Cambion
Yeah yeah, I've heard the story before from all generations about how they were poor, but they still had a dozen brats. But here's what they don't tell you: the family's quality of life. How much did the parents and the kids have to go without, and how often? That gift of life line of thought is poetic and all, but how grateful will a person feel when all they ever know in life is poverty? Some people manage to crawl out of the poorhouse ooze and live better lives, but generally speaking, those who grow up in poverty continue to be in poverty as adults because they have the same non-existent financial planning skills as their parents.

And here's what is usually the result...

When abjectly poor children grow up, the most often grow up to be in a lifestyle similar to their parents. However, the few who do crawl out of poverty to make a decent living for themselves usually end up being wholly resented by their parents and siblings. There's a sense of grievance when they "escape" from their prior circumstances. This resentment is the breeding ground for underachievement and failure as many children do not wish to go against the wishes of their parents, sometimes even into adulthood.

It's very sad.
November 13, 2015
This attitude is also a failure to adjust to the times. Post WWII (in the US) you could have a bigger famblee on a middle class income. That's all over, and now having even one kid is expensive enough to require planning. Most people will still have kids, just later than in past years, and fewer kids. I don't see the big deal with that. I also don't remember too many young people rushing to have brats in their twenties when I was that age, so it's not just this generation that is put off by it.
November 13, 2015
JoJo

A few months ago a baby boomer sent me a "funny" picture/page thing about an old woman who was tempted to bitch out a young checkout girl for asking if she wanted to buy a reusable bag. Because in her day they didn't do this "green thing".

Funny, because Earth day and the environmental movement was started by hippies.

Anyhoo, not having kids is a sign of intelligence and good sense. We're rapidly running out of oil, water, and arable land. Anyone who deliberately brings another person into this world is an idiot.

Right? And in her day, there weren't 7.2 billion people on the planet. Hell, the world population has nearly doubled since I was born in the late 70's, and has gone up nearly 30% since I graduated high school!
November 14, 2015
blondie
This attitude is also a failure to adjust to the times. Post WWII (in the US) you could have a bigger famblee on a middle class income. That's all over, and now having even one kid is expensive enough to require planning. Most people will still have kids, just later than in past years, and fewer kids. I don't see the big deal with that. I also don't remember too many young people rushing to have brats in their twenties when I was that age, so it's not just this generation that is put off by it.

Yes, time have changed but breeders fail to see that. As with poverty and mostly anything that is related to breeding they have a very rosy image about life back then and romanticize things too much. Times have changed and nowadays the requirements are different. Just because one lives in a developed country, that doesn't mean they are rich. There are lots of people crapping out kids and living on welfare, actually in poverty. Those kids are marginalized and bullied at school and that's a fact. How do you think they feel? I'll tell you, not that great. Being poor kind of excludes you from society. And it is hard to get out of poverty. I'm sick of hearing old breeders saying...back in my days we played just with sticks and stones but we were so happy. Give me a break.

And this woman is nothing by a moralizing twat with no connectio whatsoever to reality. And given the fact with what has happened lately you must be a complete idiot to bring a kid into this world.

@creativelycf: I saw your video before when i was probably roaming around YouTube after Chernobyl documentaries. Very well done smiling smiley
November 15, 2015
Kids also compare notes. If another kid lives in a bigger/smaller house, they notice. They notice if a kid grows up with more or less than they do.
They marginalize the hell out of each other and are very jealous if other kids have any perceived advantage over them.
I don't understand why parents forget this and just breed. Think they forget or just don't care how their kids will be treated.

As Studio Fifty-Four mentioned, a kid in poverty who manages to make it out of poverty may be despised by his/her family or be expected to provide money as constant hand outs as the "rich aunt or uncle". Kind of like a person in poverty becoming a lottery winner but on a lesser scale. I suspect the reason why so many of the lottery winners end up losing their money so quickly is because their close famblee/friends all have their hands out and will turn hostile on them if they don't give them money: "I need 10 thousand dollars to blahhhh, I loaned you $100 when you were 15 and no one else would give you a dime. What, are you too good now to help me out now that you won millions?" So many famblees have such low tolerance levels that they flip out if you don't follow their exact Lifescript and dare to trail blaze your own path whether it be attending college, moving to another town, not having kids, making more money than the famblee does, winning the lottery and not giving them half your money, etc.

When I graduated college I heard a bunch of murmurs and stutters from people I knew who did not choose that path. It didn't matter that a considerable amount of them had either failed out of college (choice) or been offered a great scholarship and turned it down because they were immature or didn't want to move away from home (choice). They'd make obnoxious comments about me making tons of money (not true) and about how easy my life is because I have a college degree (overlooking the fact that I had to put in the effort to earn the degree and spent nearly 10 years working two jobs at 65 + hours a week). These murmurs remind me of the breeder whines: they make obnoxious comments about how we have tons of money and how easy our lives are because we don't have kids (choice). Most kids grow up to become jealous kids in adult bodies and even though they have the ability to make decisions for themselves they refuse to suck it up and deal with the consequences of their choices.
freya
Kids also compare notes. If another kid lives in a bigger/smaller house, they notice. They notice if a kid grows up with more or less than they do.
They marginalize the hell out of each other and are very jealous if other kids have any perceived advantage over them.
I don't understand why parents forget this and just breed. Think they forget or just don't care how their kids will be treated.

Excellent point. And sometimes you'll hear people say, "Yeah we were poor but we didn't know it. Everyone was poor." I believe this is a defense mechanism. Kids know pretty darn well where their parents stand financially. When things are bad, they know it.
November 18, 2015
I didn't know I was poor until the kids at school pointed it out to me. Kids are sadistic little tribal savages, just looking for an out-group to target. Poor kids are an easy target, neglected kids even more so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login