Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toys 4 Tots gift-grab

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
Toys 4 Tots gift-grab
December 02, 2005
I can't believe they're actually running an ad with some Moo having the nerve to beg for at least 5 toys for her kids! Entitlement knows no bounds these days! When I was a kid, I only got ONE Xmas gift! That's IT! My family was middle-class and it never would have occurred to them to give me 5 presents! So what makes these "underprivileged" people think they have the right to demand 5 gifts for their kids? How about GETTING A JOB and earning the money to buy 5 gifts for your kid, bitch?
Nour
Re: Toys 4 Tots gift-grab
December 02, 2005
I can't believe this, either. Wait, sadly, I can believe it.
Like CF Scorpio, I got one XMas gift. OK, I also got new socks, but I never counted those. (I hated getting socks for Christmas).

One year, a co-worker of mine said he and his wife spent $1,000 for their six-year old's Christmas presents. My jaw hit the floor. He was not a manager, making a lot of money, but a computer technician. His wife was a waitress. But at least they had jobs and paid for the gifts.
mercurior 1
December 02, 2005
i always want socks for xmas, i cant do without socks (i have entire pairs that vanish, i never have enough socks must have lost 200 pairs so far and i still have 3 pairs left. ).. xmas now is a grab bag, its not about the meanings of the presents its about the value, and you know it will be played with for 5 minutes and left to rot after xmas..

i give 1 to each person of my immediate family, mum and bro (and the dogs when i can) and now my fiancee.. we dont spend much, as its the meaning,
GuiltFree
December 02, 2005
mercurior -- wrong place for this, I'm sure, but congratulations on your impending knot-tying!!

your friend in CF,
GuiltFree
mercurior 1
December 02, 2005
ta guiltfree, well it is the right place buying for your loved ones, rather than complete strangers, its the meaning of the gift of the season. nothing else matters
The Purple Penguin
December 02, 2005
Oh, and on one of my favorite knitting websites was a pattern for a "Mama's Breast-Feeding Tank Top". Groooaaan...yet another reason for moomies to whip out their saggy tits for the smelly crotch trophy...the cups actually come down on the top for "easy access". Ugh!
--T.P.P
GuiltFree
December 02, 2005
I wonder if breast-feeders ever enjoy playing the role of "cow" a little "too much", if you know what I mean. That would explain why some women keep doing it until their kids are old enough to verbally ask for titty. Remember that pathetic dude who said one reason he didn't want a kid was cuz he didn't want some creep (even his own offspring) sucking off his wife? Pretty funny!! Wonder how many other duhdies feel that way! Ha ha.
The Purple Penguin
December 03, 2005
Ya, that is sad...go to knitty.com, the pattern is called Peek-A-Boob. Get ready to barf tho. XD
Love,
ThePurplePenguin
sprogless
December 03, 2005
Peek a Boob? That is really bad! Do these moos think they're being clever, or what? Against my better judgement, I'm gonna check it out...
sprogless
December 03, 2005
Sorry to double post, but I had to comment on the Peek a Boob. It has no support at all. Check out the pic of the moo on the bottom of the page. Not only is it ugly, but it looks like it actually pulls her down.
The Purple Penguin
December 04, 2005
XD Yup. The "Tit Bits" are better, at least they're for mastectomy patients. My knitted gifts are going to a few certain individuals this year:
1) My mom
2) My dad
3) My best girlfriend
4) My fiancee
5) My cats, Naruto and Sasuke (Oh god, turning into Otaku Nerd here XD)
Leaning toward childfree
December 04, 2005
Purple Penguin--

I'm an anime freak, too. Loveitloveitloveit. It's the most creative stuff in the world today, so don't feel bad.
The Purple Penguin
December 04, 2005
Yay! ^^ A CF anime lover! What do you think of Naruto?
Leaning toward childfree
December 06, 2005
Naruto--isn't that the one with the fox ninja? I still part of it and there was this one scene where this guy turned into a girl and said "how do you like my skillz" or something like that, in a phone sex voice. I laughed. My brother laughed. There was laughter all around.

I like Lain, Yu-gi-oh (yes, Yu-gi-oh. The men are sexy. I'm a pervette for cartoons), Sorceror hunters, Paranoia Agent, Kino's Journey...I love em all. I should write a book.

Oh, and of course, Super Milk Chan. Funny as hell, and a great form of birth control!
the professor
December 06, 2005
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/pompoko/faq.html

has anyone seen the pompoko cartoons. very... surreal

Q: What are the general Japanese myths and folklores involving Tanukis?

There are tons of them. Basically, Tanukis are believed to be able to change their shapes into any forms they want. Tanukis play tricks on humans (for example, changing into a human and buying some sake with fake money made from leaves), the tricks are usually harmless, but they often provoke severe retaliation from humans. In general, Tanukis are depicted as mischievous, but lovable creatures, though some of the folklore is quite cruel.

The other characteristic of Tanukis is that their testicles are believed to be quite large (as big as eight Tatamis). This is supposed to bring good fortune (since they are called "Golden Balls"). If you go to Japan, you can see many ceramic Tanuki statuettes standing in front of shops, each with his big testicles and a Sake bottle in his hand. The Tanuki's big testicles are not a sexual symbol, and the Japanese are more tolerant of low humor than Americans
Anonymous User
December 06, 2005
XD I have seen Pom-Poko. I love FLCL too, and yes, Leaning toward childfree, there is an abundance of bishounen in Yu-gi-oh. Oh, and to quote Milk-chan, to all the lurking breeders...YOU DUMBASSES!
sprogless
December 06, 2005
I have an anime question. About 10 yrs. ago there was this cartoon on Fox called Technoman. It was one of those Saban ones that was on Sat. mornings after the Power Rangers. If anyone has heard of this please let me know. I've been looking for years...
mercurior 1
December 07, 2005
you mean this one

www.eldar.org/~brad/anime/teknoman

TEKNOMAN SLADE, who, together with a special task force called the SPACE KNIGHTS, must rescue his family from the clutches of DARKON -- the ruthless VENOMOID WARLORD determined to conquer the Earth. Brainwashed and mutated into evil, mindless Tekno-beings by Darkon, Slade's family members are both the enemy he must confront and the loved ones he must save.

Darkon, together with his lieutenant, GUNNAR, controls an army of gigantic, biomech SPIDERCRABS. As Darkon's forces are decimating the military forces on Earth, they are also seeding the entire planet with alien spore plants. These plants will eventually become TEKNOPODS, which will turn the entire population of Earth into inhuman mutants loyal to Darkon. Not even the most skilled, courageous warrior stands a chance against Darkon and his hoards of Venomoid monsters

www.absoluteanime.com/teknoman/slade.htm
KidFreeLuvnLife
December 07, 2005
This shit always chaps my ass too. Sorry, any extra money I donate ALWAYS goes to the local animal shelters or my widowed mother who is scraping by. If the breeders can't afford to buy their kids toys then they should either 1. not have them or 2. instill better values in the brats so they don't expect everything on a silver platter. My family scraped week to week and my parents had 2 kids but we were taught that you got what mom and dad could afford and were happy for it or it got given to someone else. Never did we think that the community was going to buy us expensive gifts. And what's this shit that they want a NEW toy? Sorry, beggars can't be choosers.
sprogless
December 07, 2005
YES!!!!! I couldn't remember Slade's name, it was driving me insane! I remembered Saber, naturally, he is a great villian...
Thanks, Merc!!!
mercurior 1
December 07, 2005
anytime sprogless i am the web guru wink
Nour
December 07, 2005
Well said, KidFreeLuvnLife! I have heard too many stories of people who were truly needy but the so-called charity wouldn't help them because they weren't pregnant or didn't have kids. That shit pisses me off.
Leaning toward childfree
December 08, 2005
Oh my God, everyone must buy the Super Milk Chan dvds. The original Japanese cartoons are orgasmic with their surreal Japanese inside jokes and the American uncensored dubs are hysterical. YOU DUMBASS! Thass right.

Tanukis sound very Studio Ghibli, home of the greatest movies ever, or some of them, and also like Shippo, the little fox demon in Inuyasha, with his wily ways. He didn't have testicles though. I thought he was a girl. There's another name for Fox Demons, but I forgot it.
Anonymous User
December 08, 2005
It's Kitsune. Also what Naruto has inside his belly. XD
Leaning toward childfree
December 08, 2005
Okay, now I remember, Kitsune! (that would make a great name for a cat!)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.