Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby born with almost no brain alive at 10

Posted by freya 
Baby born with almost no brain alive at 10
January 11, 2016
http://www.ketv.com/news/baby-born-with-nearly-no-brain-still-alive-10-years-later/37363012

Woohoo! Time to celebrate the tenth birthday!! Just think, her only milestone is she is aware of her surroundings due to the tiny piece of her cerebellum in her head.

"She would cry for about 20 hours a day, I had to hold her" the finger smiley

Hydraencephaly: born without a brain. 90 percent of babies with this don't make it full term or die within six months.
For good reason!
Re: Baby born with almost no brain alive at 10
January 11, 2016
duh
"I would not take Alex any other way," Shawn Simpson said.

Oh, is that why you went ahead and gave her a little brother? Hoping to win another round of defectoloaf lottery? This statement is a crock of bull. So he's basically saying that if he could have her healthy he would refuse because his family has benefitted so much from her being defective. I can't imagine what that girl is going through. I would hope that any real parent would jump at the chance to have such a child "any other way" so their kid can at the very least enjoy the existence their parents have forced them into.
January 11, 2016
Doesn't she already have a little brother in "Jaxon Strong"? They should get together sometime.
January 11, 2016
What can possibly be wrong with people who want their child to live this way? This is a horror story! And we are all supposed to be grateful for and proud of this wonderful family??????? This child-centric world is confusing as hell! Nature has a kindness to offer babies like this so their suffering ends. We get in the way of it and act that that's just grand!
January 11, 2016
That's not living, that's existing. That's artificially keeping a body alive to satisfy the pahrunts rather than thinking about what is best and kindest for the body.
January 11, 2016
It actually really pisses me off when I hear, "I wouldn't rather be without my debilitating illness." Because I wrestle with my own every fucking day, and no, I wouldn't rather have it any other way. People call me a freak because I am; I simply don't fit in, and there's not very much room for me. Maybe I'm too prideful, but I guess it's just that I feel worthless, and don't like the economic struggle, and the burden placed upon those around me. Me just being here isn't enough to justify deserving a life in society, so I have to work harder (or smarter, I guess...), and it royally sucks sometimes.

You know, maybe I kind of get clinging to "I'm so special! Look what wonderful things nature has bestowed upon me! I'm a snowflake" mentality, because if they saw themselves for what you were, maybe they'd kill themselves (I don't condone that, either.) It's not a happy thing, to be sick. Because of fucking course not!!

If you're disabled, fine. You obviously didn't ask for that. But don't you dare be stupid enough to tell me that you take no responsibility for it. It's YOURS. You could, you know, try on some dignity and own it for once, seeing as you love it so much.
January 11, 2016
My heart goes out to the poor kid. Her family doesn't genuinely care about her. sad smiley
January 11, 2016
Christhead
duh
"I would not take Alex any other way," Shawn Simpson said.

Oh, is that why you went ahead and gave her a little brother? Hoping to win another round of defectoloaf lottery? This statement is a crock of bull. So he's basically saying that if he could have her healthy he would refuse because his family has benefitted so much from her being defective. I can't imagine what that girl is going through. I would hope that any real parent would jump at the chance to have such a child "any other way" so their kid can at the very least enjoy the existence their parents have forced them into.

You're right. Saying you wouldn't spare your child such a horrific condition is terribly cruel. I'd give up my physical problems in a heartbeat. I suppose in some ways they've made me mentally stronger, but I'd take feeling good over that any damn day.
January 11, 2016
My question is what's going to happen to Alex if she makes it to adulthood and her parents are not able to care for her anymore?
Oh, never mind, that's where her little brother comes in.
January 11, 2016
Well , she sounds like she'll fit in just fine with the rest of the American populace. I know of plenty of children as well as adults who seem to live for years and years with seemingly no trace of a brain.

And parents who say that they wouldn't have their sick/deformed children be any other way don't care about the kids. When they say they wouldn't want their side show freaks to be any different, what they mean is they don't want less attention when other people see what the kids are like. These parents are soulless - they don't give a single shit about their child's quality of life, just as long as they have a little mutant sack of flesh to parade around and get their 15 minutes of fame. Real, sane parents of sick children would leap at the chance to give their kids normal lives so the kids don't have to suffer anymore.

Moron
"I would not take Alex any other way," Shawn Simpson said. "We have learned to love her the way she is. She has blessed our family so much."

Oh what exactly has she blessed your family with? Medical bills? Which I'm sure are paid for by taxpayers at least in part. She's blessed the famblee with media coverage so they can show their defective loin fruit off to the world and receive endless ass pats for it.

She's aware of her surroundings. Big hoopty-damn-doo. She can't think, she can't understand anything, she can't do anything for herself, she'll never have anything resembling a normal life, she'll need to be cared for for however long she lives. She's basically a husk that twitches now and then. Meanwhile, I'm sure her delusional parents have dreams of their brainless widdle dumpling growing up and giving them grandbabies because she was able to be kept alive for a decade so far. And these idiots have another kid? I'm sure he doesn't get neglected or anything because Mommy and Daddy have to keep a constant vigil on their little herpaderp to make sure she doesn't drown in her own drool.

Being alive is not the same as living. If these parents truly cared about their child's quality of life, they would have let nature take its course and allowed her to die a dignified death. But they can't attention-whore much with a dead circus freak, now can they? Keep her alive and they can get media coverage on the kid's birthday each year, anytime she almost dies, anytime they decide to drag her somewhere stupid like Disneyworld, if she shows signs of alleged "improvement" or "awareness" and when she does eventually die.
January 11, 2016
mr. neptune
Doesn't she already have a little brother in "Jaxon Strong"? They should get together sometime.

The frog and the eggplant!
January 11, 2016
It's more than attention whoring, it's sadistic and inhumane to let bag of defective meat go on suffering. Defective animals are humanely put down, to spare them a very short life of torturous misery, why the hell would they let their own flesh and blood continue to suffer.

On top of that, we all know that intensive 24 hour in home health care is outrageously expensive, and it doesn't seem like these breeders are suffering any financial hardship, with droolina sporting a very expensive wheelchair and associated medical extras. In the video the house is lushly furnished and stocked with all the modern conveniences and kiddy crap. I can't see how these people would be paying for droolina's medical expenses, and no doubt get a hefty chunk of it (if not all) payed by taxpayers. Even being conservative, droolina's medical expenses would cost $100K a year, so just keeping her alive for a decade is a cool million of taxpayers $$$.

If by some miracle droolina survives into adulthood - which I highly doubt, I can't imagine these breeders shelving the responsibility - if they're even doing it now. No doubt they would demand everything to be taken care of it, because of their poor spechiul sneuphlayxce.

Still 'they wouldn't have it any other way'. Sorry, but these breeders are pure scum.
January 11, 2016
Oh, and you know what's coming up - How is she going to handle "that time of the month"? At least Jaxon's parents don't have "that" problem.
January 12, 2016
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1565509/Disabled-girl-to-have-womb-removed.html

A "spay" has been done previously in a similar situation.
January 12, 2016
"She would cry for about 20 hours a day, I had to hold her"

gee whiz, that baby shower card only goes for 3+ hours...

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 13, 2016
They should make a special edition card for mothers of expected sneauflaykes that doesn't stop for 30 hours.
January 14, 2016
Poor kid. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but how sick do you have to preserve a baby that will never grow up to live on its own. To me, that's the creepiest part. Moo and Duhh can attention-whore all they like and their child WILL. NEVER. ESCAPE. Can't escape. No friends, no car, no home of their own, no discovering nature or creating art or beautiful machines or anything that makes life worth living. Mommy's little baby-foreeevveeerrr....eye popping smiley
January 14, 2016
nokidsandhappy
I can't see how these people would be paying for droolina's medical expenses, and no doubt get a hefty chunk of it (if not all) payed by taxpayers. Even being conservative, droolina's medical expenses would cost $100K a year, so just keeping her alive for a decade is a cool million of taxpayers $$$.

Apparently, there's always crowdfunding for people who pop out kids they can't afford.

I'd love to know what really goes through these breeders' minds. They're told their deformed child, who will never speak or really have a life and will be nothing but a burden for as long as she lives, will die before six months. Instead, they're still waiting. As those years dragged on, it had to at least cross their minds to be disappointed that they were still stuck taking care of this girl when they were told it would be over by now. You know, being a martyr probably didn't seem like too bad a gig back then-- stuck caring for a malformed baby for a few months, then tragic parent of a dead baby forever. Instead, their lives are still being ruled by the practically brain dead kid. They can call her a blessing in public all they want, but they have to resent that.
January 14, 2016
freya
mr. neptune

The frog and the eggplant!

I can think of one company that benefits from all this: Proctor and Gamble. Think all the Pampers and Attends those 2 fill up that are filling up landfills!
January 15, 2016
I know I'm only a Michigander ~

But think it might be ~

Billy Corgan ~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login