Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

brat parties at upmarket eateries.

Posted by nokidsandhappy 
brat parties at upmarket eateries.
February 20, 2016
Mr NoKids and I just returned from a upmarket gourmet pizza and wine eatery absolutely pissed off with breeders. It's the first time in 4 months that Mr and I have had a weekend off together, where we were not absolutely exhausted for both working 60 hours a week, so we decided to spend our Saturday indulging in an expensive Argentinian gourmet pizza and wine eatery.

As we're tucking into truly orgasmic pizzas and a fantastic red and soaking up the gorgeous ambiance - in comes birthday party moo mafia, with count them 18 additive and HFCS filled, squalling crack monkeys. Yep - 18 shrill squalling brats who only communicated by squawking and squealing even louder over each other, while their 8 moos and duh's completely ignored them, to socialize with each other while getting plastered. No attempts to keep the noise down for the other patrons trying trying to enjoy their expensive food (we're talking $50 AU gourmet 8 inch pizzas). We couldn't leave until we paid the bill, and I'm sure as hell going to eat our bloody $50 AU pizzas.

Brats are running riot around and behind the wine bar, running into waiters, and generally subjecting everyone else to their disgustingly intrusive behaviours. The crescendo of noise and activity occurred when the birthday cake was brought out, and to our surprise the noise completely disappeared - surprise, surprise they were shoveling cake into their pie-holes, when that was done, back to the shrieking and squalling. Mr NoKids being the eternal diplomatic type commented multiple times on this saying 'those kids are having a great time' - which is him being kind in saying they're being out of control hellspawn. On top of that, sitting at the bar was a creepy old dude leering and smirking at the shriekers that make shivers run up your spine.

We both ate our food quickly, trying to leave early - but got held up paying when the poor serving staff were busy corralling the wayward roaches, wiping up spit-up, chewed food and generally taking back multiple kiddy-foods that weren't to the entitled moo's liking (it's a fucking gourmet food joint, kids aren't going to like 12 day marinated capers stuffed into partially sun-dried porcini mushrooms on Argentinean pulled pork hand stretched organic spelt pizzas). Yep, we had to wait while these bessies argued over the bill, refusing to pay for the pizzas because junior spit them up. Finally they left, only to have more of them come in, while moo parks her SUV stroller right in the path of the narrow door. I saw it with raised eyebrow, only to have the Duh give me a stink eye for daring to looking at his bessie and crotch-dropping.

Returning home to the silence, I got thinking on why the hell would they take brats to a fucking expensive gourmet pizza and wine eatery, knowing full well that the kids will simply not eat anything that isn't grossly processed god-knows what and deep fried goop? I'm sure the brats will happily go to some franchised not-Pizza place, and enjoy their not-chicken-nuggets-on-top-of-dough-shaped-to-resemble-a-pizzas. These places happily welcome squalling parties, with specially designed closed off and outside areas for the crack monkeys to shriek their lungs out. Is it the booze or the fact that they can brag to their Fartbook friends that they're eating with their brats at an upmarket gourmet pizza place? or it's simply the fact that they have to subject the rest of the world to their hellspawn?!?
Re: brat parties at upmarket eateries.
February 20, 2016
why the hell would they take brats to a fucking expensive gourmet pizza and wine eatery,

So they can fuck up your night out! Dont you see? Most of these parents these days are miserable scumbags, who actually get off ruining others good times. Basically a sign of the screwed up times we live in.
February 20, 2016
Breeders do it for the bragging rights. They want to show the other breeders that they are so well off that they can afford to have their brat's party at an expensive pizza restaurant, rather than the run of the mill Chuck E Cheese.

Most of the time large parties like that make reservations in advance, so someone at that place OK'd the brat party. I would send an email complaining about the noise and disruption and stating that, in the future, you will be hesitant to visit their establishment for fear that the experience will be repeated. Be careful not to come off as a babby-hater though, because in my experience that makes people see YOU as the one at fault.

Breeders are cheapskates, but if this place wants to cater to that demographic then it's their financial funeral. Take your money somewhere else.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 20, 2016
These breeders are selfish assholes who made a kid's birthday all about them. I've noticed this trend where kid parties are all about the adults. If the moo and duh can afford it (or find an unsuspecting credit card to charge) the party is just a huge one-upmanship to brag about all the extravagance they can bestow on their kid. If extravagance isn't an option then moo and duh chose an adult atmosphere with adult perks so that all their (adult) friends will attend and the adults will ignore the kids and expect the restaurant staff to babysit them and clean up the considerable mess.

They chose the pizza place to impress their friends, entice them to attend and broadcast wine is served.

Birthday kid would have preferred a kid-friendly place and the accompanying bland food/noise level/obnoxiousness.

Also breeders can play passive-aggressive jealousy games to disrupt the quiet atmosphere, be attention whores and piss off all the patrons at the high end pizza place.

And afterwards the breeders can brag to others about the high end pizza place they went to and all the wine they drank. Make no mistake, the breeders definitely had the best time despite it being a kid's party.
February 21, 2016
I do not understand why places want to cater to breeders and their uncultured spawn. Breeders will do anything to get out of paying for the services they abused and just lower the value of any eatery.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 21, 2016
I'm not a fan of that sort of junk. Children wouldn't like an upscale place anyway, there's nothing for then to DO. I would have asked the server if there was any way that they could be asked to quiet down. It's all about noise control not whether or not they are children.
February 21, 2016
I second letting the restaurant know that you will be reluctant to visit their establishment again because the noise levels from the brat herd ruined your dining experience (if you do complain, I also agree about wording it in such a way that it makes it sound like you're pissed about the noise and not about the presence of brats). It seems that absolutely nowhere is sacred, and I question why a fancy restaurant would even cater to a gaggle of screaming bastards. Sure, it's probably going to result in a huge bill with 18 bastards and 8 handlers cramming food into their face holes, but you have to take into account that breeders will go out of their way to find a problem with the food or the service so they can get a lower bill or, perhaps, get their whole meal comped. Not to mention that breeders are the cheapest, laziest pieces of shit to ever exist and they will not only find issue with every fucking aspect of their experience, they'll run the staff ragged, treat them like garbage and won't tip a single cent.

I'm sure you guys weren't the only ones whose meal was disturbed by these ungrateful assclowns and their failed abortions, meaning that in order to cater to the whims of one large, disruptive group of people on this one occasion, they probably lost the long-term business of several other diners. It's not even so much that it was a group of noisy brats that was the issue, but also that no-fucking-body who worked in the whole damn place had the sense to go up to the flock of screaming shitsacks and tell the handlers to either shut them up or leave. Screeching and flailing and doing laps around the place is par for the course in dumpy places like McDonald's or Chuck E. Cheese, but the people in charge of a more upscale eatery should know enough to make such a loud group shut the fuck up. If it was two dozen adults that came in and hollered the entire time, I'm sure management would have no problem telling them to knock it off.

Why's every business owner so scared of reprimanding parents for their behavior of their godawful kids? Who the hell cares if some angry heifer cries on Yelp or to the media about being "discriminated against"? The only people such "bad" publicity will drive off is other breeders. And when non-breeders and PNBs see that a place doesn't take shit from bad parents, they'll be much more likely to patronize the business when they can trust that management won't allow their experiences to be ruined by unruly bastards and their worthless handlers. I fail to see how this is anything but a win-win situation for business owners.

Fancy places shouldn't cater to children because children do not belong in fancy places.
February 21, 2016
If they take large parties - they should have a 'room in the back' for that.

That's usually how it's done here. (Chicago, US)

You're in Australia? Shout out to all our Aussie friends here! smiling smiley

I feel like I need to start arguing about pizza - that would be directed at NY'ers though, there 's an ongoing feud between our cities. Now I'm confused ~

grinning smiley

You can get *really good* takeout pizza here, a 'medium' for like $20. + some reasonably decent beer ($6 - $20, for one or two) - and yeah - if you wanna be a hermit and get 'economical' food and drink.

I do go to some restaurants, I am mostly a home body. You do have to really *research* places too.

And sometimes just chillin at home, and getting a takeout pizza, etc. and getting some cheap beer - can be * better - better food and drink and can be fun too.

Here's 'vintage' TV ad from this area, might give you a smile anyway ~
(And yes they still make this stuff, still available 'here' ($6 for a sixer of 16 oz. cans), and distributed elsewhere, possibly world wide (where you'd pay $$$ for it as a fancy import beer. It IS (reasonably) good though too.)

Good Stuff, here's one of their vintage ads -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83xxWCel8g
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login