Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We've lost our home and all our possessions...let's have another kid!

Posted by canadiandragons 
The mentality of breeders never fails to boggle my mind.

I'm watching this show called "Britain's Horror Homes" which is about disasters that damage or ruin houses/apartments. In this particular case, we have a nice, middle-class couple, both employed, they've bought a handsome duplex, and have a baby on the way. They decide to refurbish their basement to expand their living space. Long story short, the contractor they hired was a con artist who proceeded to damage the building so badly that it was condemned and demolished with all of the couple's belongings in it. They end up having to move in with the wife's parents, are still paying mortgage on the now-empty lot, have literally lost everything they owned, and are being sued by their upstairs neighbours (whose home was also destroyed). The contractor declared bankruptcy and fled, so there was no chance of getting any money off him, and the insurance company is refusing to pay out.

Update three years later, they're still scrabbling, still dealing with all the legal shit, still in major debt...and they had another kid.

This blows my mind. I mean, okay, the first kid they had when they were in a solid financial and living situation, that's responsible. But now they are just short of fucking homeless, have had to completely rebuild their lives, are being sued for close to a million pounds, wrestling with the insurance company...what's the logical thing to do? POP OUT ANOTHER MOUTH TO FEED, of course!

And they then had the gall to whine about how all the kids' toys and clothes have to be second hand, because they can't afford better. confused smiley

Fuckers.
The height of stupidity to have another child, and the height of entitlement to complain about having to use second hand clothes...typical breeders.
Welp, they can't be too distraught over losing every single thing they had if they can get around to breeding. I don't think I'd much be in the mood to fool around if I'd just lost my home, all my stuff, was in serious debt without any chance of recovering the money and drowning in legal bullshit. And I sure as fuck wouldn't be interested in making my life even worse by adding another dependent to the situation! I felt sorry for them up until the part where they voluntarily made their lives more difficult. You don't get to complain about being poor and having to dress your kids in second-hand clothes when you willingly reproduced and made your financial situation harder. If they couldn't afford proper birth control, then they couldn't afford to fuck.

I love how breeders act all shocked when they realize that having kids is hard and costs money, especially ones like this who already had a kid before making another one! What did they expect was going to happen when they bred another little resource sucker while they were on the brink of homelessness? Fucking idiots.
The only logical explanation I have is - they want to expand the family
so the welfare state gives them new home and other benefits.

Something like this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3204908/Benefits-family-eight-children-demands-NINE-bedroom-house.html
I think they realized the best way out of this is to play the welfare card for sure. It is like that episode of Two and a Half Men when Charlie tells Alan the only reason he let him move in is because Jake at the time was a cute kid in need of a place to stay. This is why breeders have MORE kids when they are screwed, they know society is forced to look after the kids so they benefit as they are the parents.
This story is awful and I feel so sorry for what happened to them. But, then WHAT? They have another kid in the middle of this, holy crap. I think some people have kyds as a kind of distraction from problems, like a drug or a bad habit. There is no bigger distraction than a brat. I wonder how many people walking around were heroin-substitute baybees, created in times of crisis in an attempt to make something else less painful, kind of like cutting. That is really moronic, they should just get some good drugs.
I remember watching a TV show, one of those magazine shows like 20/20 or Dateline, back around 2009 or 2010, about families who had been suffering a lot from the 2008 recession. One household had several families (related) living in a house owned by one of them. Some of the families had been living there 2 or 3 years after job losses forced them out of their own homes. But one thing struck me as odd: That family which had no wage-earners, had some kids including one who was obviously less than 2 years old which meant the mom had the kid AFTER they had been jobless and freeloading off their relatives. I saw that and thought to myself, "WTF?!?!?!?!"
Shit. I'd think that level of trouble would pretty much make a husband and wife decide, "Welp, we got one kid but now it's time to dig ourselves out of this gigantic hole. Shall you get snipped, or shall I?". That type of debt and legal trouble could take a decade or more to get out of, depending on how cooperative everyone is.

And they go and do the opposite...have another kid.

I think people feel they have a right to continue operating "as usual"...that they're entitled to regular ol' family life going on, regardless, because surely everyone involved must understand that they can't be deprived of their gawd-given right to pop out a few kids. It's what you do, after all. Skipping any subsequent additions to parenthood is just cruel and strange, from their point of view.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login