Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why homebirth Moos aren't as "natural" as they think

Posted by Cambion 
Why homebirth Moos aren't as "natural" as they think
March 10, 2016
Insight brought to us by the Skeptical OB.
http://www.skepticalob.com/2016/03/the-vaginal-birth-of-a-dead-baby-is-an-evolutionary-failure.html

The basic idea of the entry is that homebirth heifers - who like to brag about how natural they're being by sluicing on the living room floor without pain medication or doctors nearby - are doing the precise opposite of what is natural. Any other mother in the animal kingdom will do whatever she has to do in order to ensure her offspring survives. For humans, this can mean undergoing an emergency C-section in order to give the loaf a better chance of surviving its birth. Nobody wants to be cut open, but if a woman gives a fuck about her brat coming out alive, then she'll get the goddamn surgery done. These women who crap out their loaves at home for no reason beyond bragging rights like to yammer on about how natural they're being, when in reality, they're doing anything but because they care more about themselves than their babies. This is the most unnatural thing a mother can do, as far as Skeptical OB is concerned.

The blog post linked in that one is even better. It details a homebirth that resulted in the loaf dying, and the Moo was still blathering on to her Fakebook friends about how un-medicated vaginal births after a prior C-section are possible and to trust your intuition because your gut is smarter than any doctor. Moo didn't seem too broken up about her dead loaf because she was too busy patting herself on the ass for giving birth at home like the strong, in-tune-with-nature mommy-goddess she thinks she is.
Re: Why homebirth Moos aren't as "natural" as they think
March 11, 2016
Add to that hippie moos who blabber about orgasming in a water pool surrounded by incense sticks, candles and music. And god forbid you take any pain medication. I couldn't believe my eyes when i read the comments on a status about medicated birth, moos ripping each other apart about the subjects with the "natchural" ones displaying the top of holier-than-you attitude.

Not long ago when medicine wasn't that advanced, plenty of women died in childbirth along with the loaf sometimes - that's how "natural" it was or if they didn't die they were left with severe complications. Even now in less developed parts of the world the situation hasn't improved at all.

Oh, and if i weren't CF, i would choose 100% medicated planned C-section. And the other natural moos can kiss my posterior.
March 11, 2016
The way it reads to me is "If your baby dies, your already a bad mom. All babiez must survive and if the moo won't do anything to save it, than shame on you!!!

Actually they are doing what's natural, it's supposed to be survival of the fittest not every baby survives. At one time (and still in some places in the world) the mother would squat down in a field or wherever she was and give birth. Then she would pick up the child and carry on with what she was doing. Now, because moo's and their loaves are worshiped, the world is expected to revolve around them and their complaints of 'oh I need time to heal' 'Look at me I just pushed a baby out of my hoo-hah! I'm Speshul'

Whatever...technology and advances in medicine are part of the reason so many babies survive and that our population is so high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
March 12, 2016
creativelycf
Actually they are doing what's natural, it's supposed to be survival of the fittest not every baby survives.

Not every baby, and not every mother. Sure, women in previous generations could have a dozen kids, but how many mothers or children survived? Now all 13 can. Women have such a hard time getting proper medical care, it's downright offensive to me that they would say we should regress instead of progress.
March 12, 2016
I agree, it's offensive! If society had their way, there would be no birth control and women would be thrust (hehe) back into the dark ages!

We would all be stay at home moo's with a brood of children, cooking over a fire in a hearth, pregnant with yet another one that we are going to wonder how we are going to feed. We wouldn't go out and forbid our husbands would help because 'that's women's work!'

Ugh if that ever happens I'd rather die first!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
March 13, 2016
kittehpeoples
creativelycf
Actually they are doing what's natural, it's supposed to be survival of the fittest not every baby survives.

Not every baby, and not every mother. Sure, women in previous generations could have a dozen kids, but how many mothers or children survived? Now all 13 can. Women have such a hard time getting proper medical care, it's downright offensive to me that they would say we should regress instead of progress.

I'm perfectly okay with people who want to doing that to themselves. Let them get Darwin awards, maybe it will decrease the amount of stupid on the planet. In fact, I think it should be a reality show: entitled 'natural' western moos switch places with people in developing countries who would welcome access to medical services.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login