Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Never encourage brats - DA

Posted by addiea raine 
Never encourage brats - DA
March 21, 2016
In today's installment of Dear Abby, childfree/breeder pleasing couple fed a couple of brats candy and now said brats are running all over the place. Just proof you can't be nice to brats....ever.

Don't feed them you'll only encourage them!

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: Never encourage brats - DA
March 21, 2016
Brats run and play wherever they like with no respect for anyone else or their property. They trespass and leave their toys everywhere i.e. in the neighbor's yard.

Step one would be to speak with the parents, let them know that the boys are trespassing and that they are uncomfortable with this. Let them know that if it continues to happen and one of the boys tries to get into the house than the cops will be called.

Step two Next time she sees one of the boys tell them to pick their toys up off of their lawn or if they do it, than they will never see them again. If this happens, throw them out or give them to charity. When the parents complain tell them that the boys were warned.

Dam disrespectful brats. I bet they didn't even say 'Thank You' for the candy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
March 26, 2016
The first mistake was: They are trying to be nice!
March 27, 2016
creativelycf
Brats run and play wherever they like with no respect for anyone else or their property. They trespass and leave their toys everywhere i.e. in the neighbor's yard.

Even in a public space.

WARNING: LONG BITCH FEST AHEAD

Dh and I camped last week. Being that it was coming up on a holiday weekend, we scheduled it for Monday-Wednesday; leave on Thursday. We figured the crowds would start coming in toward the end of the week, which turned out to be true, for the most part. Monday and early Tuesday were awesome. Only a few campers, all adult, most had dogs, it was quiet and peaceful. Tuesday evening, Dh and I come back from a run to feed the dogs (we stayed at a campground close to home) and had to halt in the one way lane because there were bicycles laying in the road. With a "the fuck?" exclamation, I got out and rolled them off into the grass. Get back in the car and exchange a dismayed look with Dh, proceed to our spot, where we were even more dismayed to see that the McBreedersons were next to us.

That night and the next day were hell. Tuesday night, I'm sitting with the window open. We smell smoke and begin to see wisps come through our windows. It's coming from next door. Rules are NO WOOD FIRES. I go out and step around to the side where two adults were sitting, beer cans in hand (another rule - no liquor in open sight), while three kids were tearing around the site. Huge bonfire. I made a small patter of conversation, then said, "did you folks know that wood fires are not allowed? You should check the site on the other side of us. They have a really cool propane-fed fire pit." They merely look at me, no response to the fire talk. I head back inside, grumpily closing the windows. As Dh and I debate going to the camp host, I look out the back window at the large, grassy open area and see the bobbing of a flashlight. It's the camp host, coming over to tell the McBreedersons to put out the fire. I don't know if they said anything about the open drinking.

The next morning, coming back from feeding the dogs, two of the bikes are in the spot where we park the car. AND, our picnic table is covered with camping crap. Now, something we learned last year, from our newbie trips, is that breeders have to pack a half-ton of shit to go camping. I think that's why most of them have travel trailers. Haul the kids in the vehicle and everything else in the TT. Dh rolls the bikes back over to their site, I walk around to the door of the TT, where Moo is texting as the kids are doing their typical apes-loose-from-the-zoo screaming. This time, I'm terse. "Hey, get your stuff off our table." Moo barely flicks her eyes from the fucking text to say "doesn't look like you're using it." Me: "doesn't matter. We want our space to be clear. Get your crap off our table." With a very put-upon *sigh* she sticks her head in the door and says something to her dullard partner. I guess they wanted to show that they weren't going to be "bullied," because it was an hour before Dullard came around and started taking stuff off the table. I was ready to go to the camp host.

I guess I'm getting old, because I can't believe that three kids, probably under 10, could make so much noise. The parents must have shooed them away from the campsite because they stayed in the large open area between our lane and the lane where the camp hosts were parked. Technically, there was nothing we could do. Kids at campgrounds are going to be noisy. It was disappointing because this campground borders a large wooded area, on previous trips we saw deer stroll nonchalantly through, looking for handouts. This time, I guess they peeked from around the trees, saw the brats, and said "fuck this, I'm not going out there, no matter how many cookies are thrown to me." Dh and I stayed away most of the time, walking the dogs over in the park along the trails.

Thursday morning, I'm inside getting stuff organized to go home, Dh heads out to take Naomi potty. I hear a muffled "gawdammit" and stick my head out the door to see the bicycles once again in our space. We look at one another with a "why?" expression. I mean - seriously? - the fuck is wrong with these kids that they couldn't trundle their bikes over to the other side of the TT, where they fucking belong? This time, even though Dh uttered a "now don't ..." I grabbed one bike and threw it over to the next pad. It lands with a *clatter.* I wait to see if anyone comes around. Silence. I pick up the other bike and send it the way of the first. At that moment, the camp host on duty comes zipping around in his golf cart. He stops to take in the scene, gets out and comes to us, saying "what's going on here?"

Me (squawking - I meant to be heard): "APPARENTLY, THESE PEOPLE THINK PAYING $40 A NIGHT ENTITLES THEM TO THE USE OF TWO SPACES, EVEN IF THE OTHER IS OCCUPIED!"

Camp host: "you folks should have said something .."

Me (interrupting): "excuse me. one of you was over here the other night, telling them to put out that fire. And no one noticed the kids were leaving their bikes in the road? We almost ran over them. These people don't read or care about the rules."

Camp host: "oh, these are the kids who were doing that? OK, you want to file a complaint?" All this time, the next site is quiet. Guess the adults were sleeping off the booze and the crack monkeys were tired from all their screaming and running around.

Dh steps in at that moment, telling the host "no," we were leaving. I muttered something about campground review sites, which made the host say "now, don't go doing that. you should have come to us, first." Actually, he was right, but why the fuck should we spend our little free time defending our damned spot?! Is the next generation so fucking brainless that they don't see that? I'm frankly boggled.

Friday comes a call from the park manager, asking us for details about "the incident." I guess the yokels complained that I dented the bikes or something. After I described the aggravations of those days, I was again admonished to "say something to the hosts. that's why they are there." I fired back with "you people need to pay attention to who is taking these spots. If they are people with kids, you need to emphasize the rules because those kind seem to think they don't apply to them. I am not going to spend my time defending my spot or going to the hosts to complain. That's not the purpose of our camping trips."

We were offered a free night of camping in compensation, but I turned it down, while emphasizing that we did intend to return. That campground is one of the best in the area for its amenities. I just didn't want to get a black check in their log as curmudgeonly old folks. And hopefully the camp hosts are instructed to pay more attention to the families who rent the spots because they are the ones who ruin it for the quieter campers.
March 27, 2016
I would have gone insane on them. I wouldn't have asked them to clear their shit, I would have thrown it away. You put your stuff in my space it becomes my stuff. Plus I would have put holes in their brats tires. If they decided to be all bitchy about it, well there is a psycho bitch button and make their stay as miserable as possible.

I don't play nice with trash.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
March 28, 2016
It's a campground. Why the fuck do they need bikes? It's called running and hiking. To burn off excess 'smores energy.
March 28, 2016
the noodler
It's a campground. Why the fuck do they need bikes? It's called running and hiking. To burn off excess 'smores energy.

This campground is part of a former tobacco baron's estate. The family donated the 2000 acres to the county with the stipulation that it become a park. Being in the south, the family also stipulated that it be Whites Only, but that was in the 50s. The county has since either ignored or gotten around the decree. It's an awesome park with paved bike/jogging/walking paths, stables and riding trails ... The kids had their bikes because they expected to go riding through the park, I guess. I never saw it happen. The adults didn't budge from their spot, drinking out of soda cans (guess that's where the liquor went) and the kids didn't seem to stray very far either.

The camp hosts this year weren't really doing much of a job. There are three. If they stay the season (March-November) they get a free spot with power/water/sewer/wi-fi. Pretty sweet deal for a job that requires cleaning two small bathrooms (it's kind of assumed that people camping will have self-contained rigs. tents aren't allowed), making sure people don't drop their trash outside the dumpster and otherwise keeping order. It was the last part where they failed. In the previous year we'd been there, you'd see the hosts toodling around constantly in a golf cart, keeping an eye on camper behavior and keeping the noise down to a low roar. Campers didn't have to report one another. That's why Dh and I weren't sure about going to them - it shouldn't have been required.
March 28, 2016
I'd chase those brats offa my property with a pitchfork, while screaming like a banshee. They would NEVER come back after that. Haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login