Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Failed suicide then successful moohood

Posted by freya 
Failed suicide then successful moohood
April 20, 2016
What an inspiration, how original.
Blah blah blah, failed suicide. moody smiley moody smiley Blah blah blah, multiple loaves crapped out.the finger smiley

The dramatic finale because it is all worth it!!!!!:
Because the reality is that having children was the best thing I've ever done. It made me MOTHERMOOOOOO, the single most important person in the my delusional world. Because I have the job of raising three potential world-changers mentally ill adults. And that is something I can never will one day regret.

The comments are where the gold is:

you are crazier than batshit lady

I totally agree! All she had to do was use "birth control".

I laughed WAY to hard at this comment!!! smile emoticon

congratulations, you've put 3 new drivers on the road. do you actually think that is an accomplishment?

lot of I's and me's in this story////

i just cant get behind someone who complains about kids etc. but yet still has more??

I am concerned for the ladies mental health. She sounds bipolar, which can be a terrible childhood for her kids. I hope she seeks therapy.

Re: Failed suicide then successful moohood
April 21, 2016
Ha ha haaaa

"

Being a mother is having what if in the back of your mind at all times. It is seeing news stories about other people's kids and sobbing your heart out as you picture your own child. It is changing your political and world views because now you have to think to the long term future to ensure that life will be okay for your kids and grand kids. It is non-stop and exhausting.

Yeah, being a moo makes you think ahead in months, years even centuries! the finger smiley
April 21, 2016
I am pretty sure I think more about the long-term future than any breeder. Because if they did think about it, they would not breed and condemn people they love to any one of the living hells that threaten us: climate change, antibiotic-resistant disease, overpopulation, peak oil, etc.
April 21, 2016
First of all, people with MI should NOT be having children (let alone multiple children) and I speak as one myself. Huge reason why I'm never having kids. It's beyond selfish to know you can pass on genes that can make them miserable but go ahead and breed anyway. True that some people are carriers and have no idea it runs in the family. Double recessives can be sneaky like that. True that some families hide it through generations because of the stigma, but that was clearly not the case here. Don't go saying the universe sprung a baby on you when you obviously weren't using birth control. Playing roulette with the possibility of breeding when you know you can pass on MI is just as selfish as planning a pregnancy in that situation. Never mind that even if the kids dodge that bullet, the parent(s) in question may not be stable enough to raise them. The monumental stress of raising kids only deteriorates mental health. It's not astrophysics. But I forgot, a baybee cures everything. eye rolling smiley

delusional cliche bingo award
I have the job of raising three potential world-changers. And that is something I can never regret.

Keep up the narcissistic fantasy. Your kids are most likely to be bone-average as anyone else. Please don't squat out more when your realize that.

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
April 21, 2016
aes sedai
delusional cliche bingo award
I have the job of raising three potential world-changers. And that is something I can never regret.

Keep up the narcissistic fantasy. Your kids are most likely to be bone-average as anyone else. Please don't squat out more when your realize that.

They might well change the world if they inherit a good dose of mental illness and delusions of grandeur. They just won't change it for the better.
April 21, 2016
mrs. chinaski
Ha ha haaaa

"

Being a mother is having what if in the back of your mind at all times. It is seeing news stories about other people's kids and sobbing your heart out as you picture your own child. It is changing your political and world views because now you have to think to the long term future to ensure that life will be okay for your kids and grand kids. It is non-stop and exhausting.

Yeah, being a moo makes you think ahead in months, years even centuries! the finger smiley

Yet they forget they are in the car....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 21, 2016
Aes sedai, that is also one of the many reasons I never bred. I suffer with MI and never wanted to pass my defective genes onto anyone. Not only that, but I knew that raising a kid while suffering with a setback in my mental health could spell serious trouble for me and the loaf. I always disliked kids anyways, and never wanted to be a moo in the first place.

Anyone who breeds while KNOWING they are mentally ill are nothing more than selfish bastards. What happens if moo goes into a major depression and offs herself despite her little myrakles being there? They will be left moo-less. I don't think it's fair to them.

And, she has the nerve to think that her kids are going to be rocket scientists or cancer curers? They will most likely end up in the system, and a burden to the rest of society. Not just because their chance of MI are higher, but because this woman is deranged and probably not raising them correctly.
April 25, 2016
My mother passed her depression onto me and mine is nearly suicidal and stuck with me for life since childhood. She had no business making kids, but she couldn't think about the consequences. "Just get help!" I hate when people tell me I make a difference in their life. Well no shit, but if I didn't exist, neither I nor said party would give a crap or be any wiser. People with mental illness do NOT need to have kydz. I am just glad I got sterilised and am putting an end to this one-off mix between my rents.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2016
BTW, there are some studies linking the use of anti-depressants by the Moo to autism in the kid. Just a little added cherry to that sundae! When I first heard of that study, I assumed it would be suppressed and most certainly roundly ignored by potential breeders, and it seems to be.
April 26, 2016
Hooray, she brought another gas station clerk, ditch digger and probable felon into the world. What a difference she's made!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 26, 2016
I also agree, people with mental illness should not breed. Especially if it is something that has a good chance of being passed on to offspring. It's one of the many reasons why I chose to be childfree and to get myself sterilized as soon as possible.

Especially if they have had a suicide attempt, it shows that they didn't think they were strong enough to stay in this world and deal with the things that need to be dealt with, let alone the monotony, drudgery and stress of raising one or more little human beings. If you've attempted suicide, you need to be watched very closely..that said you may be doing fine and not attempt again but the majority of people do.Then again, people commit suicide without warning as well and they seem totally fine.

Mental illness has many faces and many varied aspects. There are reasons why people don't reach out and get help when they desperately need it. One of those reasons is that a lot of doctors and psychologists are pill pushers. After knowing you for an hour they push a prescription at you and tell you to 'wait out the side effects' because it will get better. (They are in on it with the pharma's to make money.)
Another is shame, wanting people to think you're O.K. when really you feel like you're dying inside. When you speak up, they push their way into your personal space and start asking questions. There is also still a stigma about mental illness - that it's not widely talked about and if we ignore it, than it will go away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
April 26, 2016
I do believe that a combination of medication and therapy are important for people with mental illness. Because of both of those things that are taking place in my life, I'm a functioning wife and pet mom.

Without medication, I'd be seriously anxious and so depressed I'd be suicidal. The cognitive therapy I received years ago gave me the tools to deal with day to day life. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it sure as hell has helped me.

I am visiting the shrink again next week, to go for a reassessment. I'm nervous as FUCK about going through another med change, but I feel it's necessary. I'm actually also relieved, because I may go on a milder prescription of something else, and actually feel even better about myself and about life in general.

I don't think there is nearly enough help out there for people with MI, and there should be more resources available.
Stigma is a real thing, but I think the more people talk about it, the less the stigma will hang over our heads.

I just want to add, I don't tell my immediate family about my mental health issues, because they would do exactly that; they would start pestering me about my problems. I keep my issues to myself, and see a therapist when necessary.

(Edited because I mistakenly referred to another thread.)
April 26, 2016
@mumofsixbirds I used to keep it from my parents, the short version, they didn't understand. Now mum understands completely! The thing is, I've gone for 12 years or so without medication now; including getting married /divorced and the relationship it entailed. Not to mention through all of that deciding that 'Childfree' was for me and adding that to my list of 'what's different about me.'

The last medication I was on made me a zombie..so I weaned myself off of it. Like I said, that was a number of years ago. Yes, I still have bouts of depression and yes my moods have been all over. But NO you don't know me after one 1 hour session. I'm also seeing a counselor, appointments aren't really regular right now because I am about half an hour from the town where she is, but I am moving at the end of the month. Doing so was part of my decision so I would be closer to my support team. I know there's still quite a bit for me to work through, and I will get there. From where I am right now, it sounds like the psychologist isn't going to be of any help. He's 'just a pill pusher. The next thing you know he's going to try and get me on the ward, so they can force medication into me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
April 27, 2016
I've taken myself off of medications too, because of the side effects. I totally agree with you that not every medication is suited to every person, and it takes time to find the right thing. I had been put on dozens of meds before finding the right ones. Some of them turned me into a zombie, too, and I was very proactive in letting the doctors know that these meds were not good for me.

The results were that I was put on something that has minimal side effects. Without medication I cannot function. Without therapy and meds I would be dead. I would not be happily married, a home owner and dedicated pet mom without them.

I'm glad you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't seem to need it. The truth is, that not everybody needs to be on medication. However, there are a large number of people with mental illness that require medication and therapy in order to function in society.

Also, I would like to add that I never saw my psychiatrists as pill pushers. I saw them as trained professionals who wanted to help me. I was open to their recommendations, and as a result, they were more than happy to hear my own suggestions as to what I wanted done with my medications and mental health plan. If I were to have gone into their offices with the belief that they were nothing but pill pushers, I would have not received the warmth, care and compassion that I did. They would have taken a much harder line with me, and possibly had thrown me into a ward. Because of my willingness to work with them, they were more than happy to hear my ideas and help me in ways that I never thought possible. Just a little food for thought.
April 27, 2016
I hope that I am one of the few that are going to be able to do this without medication. My moods were really low for a while and the Canadian winters /spring doesn't help that.

It sucks that some people cannot function without meds, but that's just the way things are I guess. What I didn't like was after our first session, one hour, he deemed that I Needed medication and there were no two ways about it. I did tell him what I expected out of treatment with him and how I would like to do some more talk therapy and go deeper into what's bothering me instead of just having medication shoved at me. He asked me what I have been doing to cope all this time, what my hobbies are. I swear I started to sound like Susana Kaysen.."I'm creative..I write."
the words spoken by Winona Ryder echoed through my head as I said it. Picturing her sitting in the psychologist's office, except he wasn't a psychologist at all, it was Red Foreman from That 70's show!

Ok, got a little off track there....I guess the point is, I expected to go to a few more sessions at least before he offered a 'diagnosis.' How can you know someone that well that you just met and talked to for an hour? Really? What ever happened to you lying there on the sofa and just talking, every once in a while the psychologist would say something like 'And how did that make you feel?' or 'Tell me more about that.' to get you to talk.

My kitty also always helps therapeutically. Right now he's chasing his tail 'cause he thinks he's a dog LOL. He's made me laugh, he's made me mad, but most of all he's been there to cuddle when I've needed him and he's gosh darn cute! I look into that face and I can't resist the cuteness!!! Speaking of which I should go feed him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login