Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What mothers want on the one day a year that celebrates their choice?

Posted by Dorisan 
What mothers want on the one day a year that celebrates their choice?
May 01, 2016
LOL

The majority want a day without the kids around. Or, they want their husbands to step up, be fathers, and take the damned varmints off their hands for a few hours

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a62471392?cpg=1
They get no sympathy from me
Oh what precious irony. They demand all the bells and whistles on the day that validates their decision to be a mother, but not have to be a mother on that day. One of the many reasons why this "holiday" should be done away with. I feel like with all the "I wants" that possess women to become moos, getting a special day to be catered to is one of the reasons why they go through with it. It's just another day that moos demand the world stop for them because they procreated.

And Father's Day? When men taking care of their own progeny is referred to as "babysitting," they don't get to have a day to celebrate fatherhood. Not when they go out of their way to distance themselves from the role, unless it's to demand special treatment.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
1 day a year to celebrate mothers, and the other 364 expected to merely kiss their asses angry smiley

Okay, but how the hell do you gift wrap that?
I think it's funny that moms nowadays are so extreme about this holiday. They either want to disappear into mommyhood even further (worshiping, fancy dinner/brunch, day of forced famblee fun, gifts from kiddies, jewelry from spouse), or they want to disappear from mommyhood entirely (ditching the famblee for the day, going to the spa, getting a hotel room to herself for a night, etc). No middle ground. Has it always been that way and my own family was just lower-key than most? We usually made mom cards and either bought or made her a gift, did extra favors around the house, etc. Usually that was guaranteed a day that Mom didn't cook (we tended to take turns as all three of us kids got old enough), or we went out to eat.

Anyway...I personally get on well with my mom, and I call her to wish her a happy mother's day. Sometimes if I see something perfect for her I'll buy it, but she's not into "stuff" and has what she needs.

Meanwhile, I like to sit back and watch the bizarre-ness that Mother's Day has become. I think most moms don't like the day too much. Either they're disappointed because hubs and kids didn't come through, or because it's only one day and then they have to go back to drudgery, inc.
Another one

I want to sleep in.
I want to have a glass of wine and sit by a fire pit.
I want a massage and have an hour alone in silence.
I want a pedicure and scroll through my Facebook with no interruptions.
I want to eat a cheese plate, drink wine, and indulge cheese cake without feeling guilty.
I want my house cleaned and I want it to stay that way for more than 24 hours.
I don’t to pick up after anyone for that whole day.

I don’t want to cook.
I want to watch reality shows for at least three hours in bed with my favorite coffee from Starbucks.
I want to wear lipstick and heels and have a place to go. I don’t want to go to one park that day.
I don’t want to change one diaper or deal with any poop for that matter.
I want to carry a designer purse, and not deal with an ugly bulky diaper bag.
I want to go shopping at Nordstrom and have no budget.
I want to run through a flea market with no stroller and the sun shining in my face.
I want to go to yoga and then have lunch with a girlfriend.
I don’t want to see one laundry basket or even hear a washing machine running.
I want to take a shower in peace.
I would love to go to the bathroom by myself.

As you can see everything on this list starts with “don’t and want.” It’s simple.
We want time to ourselves (even if it’s an hour) whether we are drinking coffee and alone on the toilet. Or sipping champagne in a shower.

Finally, a moo admitted the obsession with fakebook.
I just have to say it, a number of these are caused by moos not establishing proper boundaries with their kids from the start. Once past the loaf and toadler stage many of these could be eliminated by proper boundaries and actually giving responsibilities to your kids. I've watched toadlers pick up their toys and slightly older children can set the table, do dishes and laundry.
I just love that the number one thing mommies want on Mommy Day is to not have to be mommies for a day.

Mother's Day always has been and always will be bullshit, right along with Father's Day. You don't deserve a special day just because you reproduced - any goddamn living thing can reproduce. It's not special, and most parents of either gender don't deserve a special day celebrating their life choices because they do a shit job of raising their kids (and the ones who do shit jobs are usually the ones who demand the most on Moo Day).

Just do away with both holidays because all they do is drive up sales of chocolate, flowers, shaving kits and ties each year. If someone is a good parent, then they will feel rewarded every day due to raising decent kids and possibly having a supportive, loving spouse. I think Mother's Day is worse than Father's Day because Moos bitch and whine and stomp their hooves all day long, demanding and expecting to be treated like total princesses and never being happy no matter how much effort their brats and husbands put forth, while men usually don't give a shit about Duh Day. Then, when whatever the mommies get doesn't meet their sky-high expectations, they go on about, "Everything I do for all of you and you can't even give me what I want for one day, waah waah waah, nobody appreciates me, etc." Mother's Day is a holiday where Moos can be super passive-aggressive and guilt-trip the entire family for not showing their respect to the almighty Moo for all her "sacrifices."

How's about this: don't expect anything on Mother's Day. If your kids or partner do something special for you, it'll be a surprise and you'll appreciate even the smallest gesture because you had no expectations. If they do nothing for you (if you haven't specifically asked them not to do anything, that is), then perhaps you should re-evaluate what kind of mother/spouse you are.
randomcfchick
Has it always been that way and my own family was just lower-key than most?

If your family was low-key, mine was more low-key.

No cards or gifts or obeisance were expected - my family doesn't do Hallmark Holidays. My mother does not believe in mother's day, except in the original context (as an anti-war day started by Julia Ward Howe in the aftermath of the US Civil war, at a time when women had no political voice and had to leverage their role as mothers to be heard).
I don't even tell people happy birthday, so my mother doesn't get a call from me just because the government calendar tells me to. Entitlement does not work with me.
Another one

As Cambion stated, number one thing mommies want on Mommies day is to not have to be mommies for the day.
The irony is so delicious. Why sign up for 18 years of slavery just to keep a man around to pay the bills (and later, alimony/child support).

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
freya
Another one

I want to sleep in.
I want to have a glass of wine and sit by a fire pit.
I want a massage and have an hour alone in silence.
I want a pedicure and scroll through my Facebook with no interruptions.
I want to eat a cheese plate, drink wine, and indulge cheese cake without feeling guilty.
I want my house cleaned and I want it to stay that way for more than 24 hours.
I don’t to pick up after anyone for that whole day.

I don’t want to cook.
I want to watch reality shows for at least three hours in bed with my favorite coffee from Starbucks.
I want to wear lipstick and heels and have a place to go. I don’t want to go to one park that day.
I don’t want to change one diaper or deal with any poop for that matter.
I want to carry a designer purse, and not deal with an ugly bulky diaper bag.
I want to go shopping at Nordstrom and have no budget.
I want to run through a flea market with no stroller and the sun shining in my face.
I want to go to yoga and then have lunch with a girlfriend.
I don’t want to see one laundry basket or even hear a washing machine running.
I want to take a shower in peace.
I would love to go to the bathroom by myself.

And here I am, getting to have all of that pretty much whenever I want it. Ooooh, you delusional moos, thinking that a woman like me would ever, in any dimension, envy ANY part of your life. Hardly. And it really is funny, the fact that what so many of you want is to pretend you don't even have kids for a whole day.

If this board weren't locked down tight, though, so many of you would come stampeding in here mooing, 'Nuh-uh, I'm not like those SELFISH mommies! The sun and a couple of rainbows come shining out of my baby's ass every single day and I wouldn't want even ONE day out of my WHOLE life not being his mommy!

And, of course, you'd be lying out your ass.
barbur

And here I am, getting to have all of that pretty much whenever I want it. Ooooh, you delusional moos, thinking that a woman like me would ever, in any dimension, envy ANY part of your life. Hardly. And it really is funny, the fact that what so many of you want is to pretend you don't even have kids for a whole day.

If this board weren't locked down tight, though, so many of you would come stampeding in here mooing, 'Nuh-uh, I'm not like those SELFISH mommies! The sun and a couple of rainbows come shining out of my baby's ass every single day and I wouldn't want even ONE day out of my WHOLE life not being his mommy!

Aha, yes! Me too and no one suffers as we indulge in me time smileys with beer
If Mother's Day is all about shirking parental responsibility, then I think I'd rather just skip breeding and have "Mother's Day" every day where I can have fun, buy chocolate and not deal with brats anytime I feel like it. It's been awesome reaping the "benefits" of Moo Day constantly without actually being a Moo.

Too bad Moos didn't figure this out before reproducing. I bet they'd be a lot happier.
I have no interest in most of the things on that list (except showering in peace, massages, not picking up after others, and sleeping in), but I have the means to do everything on that list on at least a weekly basis, save the unlimited shopping. (Although, if I consider that I don't want anything from Nordstrom's, I guess I can go and spend as much as I want!) Whereas they are begging to get it once a year...and they would claim I made a mistake?
Oh, that list. Wow. So many of those could be managed by maintaining personal boundaries, having a household structure where everyone is expected to pitch in, and declining to participate in the martyr-parent routine.

A lot of those things on the list I could do whenever I want: showering in peace, lunch with friends, wine, Facebook, bathroom privacy, etc.

A lot of those things on the list I have zero interest in doing: shopping at Nordstrom's, reality TV, Starbucks, heels and makeup, designer purse, yoga. Flea market...I can take it or leave it.

Some of 'em I could do but know it would be a bad idea to do every day: cheesecake, cheese plate, wine, and other indulgent foods.

Again...if the writer is finding herself in charge of everydamnthing around the house...why? We had chores to do starting at preschool age. Didn't do them perfectly of course, but it set the expectation of everyone helping out. People can only take advantage of you if you let them.
freya
barbur

Aha, yes! Me too and no one suffers as we indulge in me time smileys with beer

Ah, but breeders certainly are insistent that anyone who indulges in 'me time' is a baby-hating, hedonist, satan-worshiping Jezebel (not that there's anything wrong with any of that) who needs a whole houseful of sproggen so that she can know the power of wuv, twuuu wuv. Doesn't have *anything* to do with their envy or sour grapes, no sirree. cool smiley
I kinda see mothers day as a day to say I appreciate the things my mom does for me. I hate how it's treated as a day to be worshiped these days.
My idiot MIL is having WW run all the way out there to clean house for her on Moo Day. OK she has epilepsy and is in really bad health, so whatever. But goddamn it, couldn't she have her do it during the week when she's going out there to work on her father's car? Nope. Has to make an extra trip and burn gas (it's about 50 miles from where we live). Wonderful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login